The best DMD for VP and FX3?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bb
    Participant
      @delt31

I’ve concluded that the pindmd v2 I have does not allow color (someone correct me if I’m wrong).

As a result, I’ve noticed pin2dmd and pindmd v3 as the color alternatives.  Which is better?  I plan on using for VPX and FX3.  I thought this forum would be best as I didn’t know vpforums was owned by pindmd owner and vpuniverse seems to be dominated with pin2dmd.

Thanks!

CarnyPriest
      Participant
        @carnypriest

Very few people buy both to compare. So there is only fanboys. Those who buy paul’s insist that’s the best. Those who buy pin2dmd insist that’s the best. Keep reading and decide for yourself.

Pin2dmd – DIY, open source hardware design, donateware for firmware (proceeds go to chairty), has an editor and many released projects, finished and WIP

Pindmd3 – off the shelf commercial product, no firmware updates in years, vaporware editor, only has project support at all because of pin2dmd and third parties but because at least that support is there it has similar functionality to pin2dmd

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Pin2dmd for the win.

but even though I have one I still use my pindmd2 as I just prefer the orange plasma  :wacko:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

bb
          Participant
            @delt31

thanks guys – from what I’ve been reading it appears that pin2dmd seems to be the choice.  Seems like they are hard to buy/find though….if anyone has an extra or wants to sell, PM me.  I will likely be selling my xpin red and pindmd2 as I love the color.

CarnyPriest
            Participant
              @carnypriest

Yeah, I’m not aware of anybody in the western hemisphere building pin2dmd for sale. The project was designed to be DYI, so you can always buy the components and build one. Put your soldering skills to work.

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

You could maybe ask this guy if he is willing or have plans to make some more ?

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3677-pin2dmd-displays-and-some-parts-for-sale/

Also, Carney is almost correct on all that he says about pindmd3. Firmware hasn’t been worked on for years, before this https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/issues/119

bb
                Participant
                  @delt31

thanks guys – you were all very helpful.  I’m about to lock in a pin2dmd through the link noted above!!!

Man – great time to VP.  I have my cab running well in 4k. learned  a lot with my last 1080p cab.  Now i just need to update the DOF file so it plays the latest games.   Forget how I did it before but I’m sure I’ll figure it out.  Thanks guys

btw – I own 6 real pins and some of these VP tables (like WH20) are literally amazing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?