The brag up your VP 2018 thread

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

Time to throw some end of the year hubris onto the forums. 2018 is just about gone. Looking back what are your 2018 VPX highlights? What did you create that you’re the most proud of? Did you build a table that you’ve always wanted to make? Did you release a PUP pack? Did you build a VPinball app? Did you share some great resources? Did you organize a weekly GOTW tournament? Did you collaborate with someone new?

Maybe you’re not a contributor – what was awesome this year in the hobby for you?

Brag it up. 2018 was awesome.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

2018 has been a very crazy year for me. I think as far as emulation related things go I’m most proud of the ice cold beer project.

I will say being part of this community and seeing the quality of work being done is truly amazing! Thanks to everyone for a great 2018 and looking forward to see what 2019 has to offer!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

bord
          @bord

2018 has been a very crazy year for me. I think as far as emulation related things go I’m most proud of the ice cold beer project.

The ICB thread was one of the coolest threads to watch, that’s for sure.

Most of the stuff I got to work on this year was collaborative and that was really fun. I learned a lot from guys like @scottacus, @rothbauerw, @nicholaschristopher, @wrd1972, @chokeee, @borgdog, @thalamus, @djrobx, @theloafer, @scottt to only name a few.

Favorite stuff I contributed to this year: Fire!, Centaur, EBD, Paul Bunyan, Space Time, Four Million BC.

Favorite stuff I got to just sit back and enjoy: Safecracker, Jive Time, Alien Star, Haunted House, Four Square, The Clash, Fire Power.

Great times. Looking forward to 2019.

4 users thanked author for this post.
          randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Yeah i guess anything from bord, borgdog or Nicholas has been great in 2018! I’ve  helped in many tables but I liked cftbl and cv but Jurassic Park was a good one to be part of too.  Gosh come to think of it there has been a lot of great stuff this year. Crazy when you think about it really

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Scottacus
            Participant
              @scottacus
              MembervipContributor

This year I released Four Million BC, Mariner, Sea Ray and Gulfstream and I updated Capersville to be what I think is the first bilingual VP game ever released (English and German playfields and backglasses in one table).  I really enjoyed working with Bord and meeting him in person at the Midwest Gaming Classic in Milwaukee, his blender skills are really amazing.

I’m also happy with the complete rehab of my first and only pinball machine, Tropic Fun.  https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/just-bought-my-first-table/  I also worked with my brother on improving the VP undertable sound pan/fade and worked on building VP routines to make EM machines work like they are being driven by a score motor (score reels resent in bursts of 5, score motor based scoring is blocked while the score motor is running and re-recording of EM sounds from my EM machine).

Things that I wanted to get done but didn’t were releasing Tropic Fun in VP, reworking OXO and reworking Capersville with the new saucers in VP10.6.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              LynnInDenver
              Participant
                @lynnindenver

Getting my template mostly built, although I still need to see if I can transfer scottywic’s PUP stuff over to it to make it completely practical for what I really want to do. Other than that, life has been phenomenally in my way in terms of me getting more done.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

I also worked with my brother  ..

wait, your brother? I must have missed something.

2018, can’t honestly say what I did this year or last or the year before, they all blur together. I think I’m getting old.  getting TNA is definitely the highlight of my pinball year.  I do know I did berate bord into making some nice primitives and doing some fancy lights on some tables, thanks again man.

Hoppy New Beer to all… Cheers to a great 2019

Scottacus
                  Participant
                    @scottacus
                    MembervipContributor

Yes he isn’t active on the forum but he’s been working with DJRob and Fuzzle to fix some VP issues like non-linear sound panning as well as some funky collision physics where VP doesn’t take the Z axis into account.  For example if a ball falls into one of the new saucers and another ball collides with it, VP treats these objects without looking at Z.  This means that there will be a gap between the balls when they collide because VP thinks the collision occurs when the ball radii on a flat plane touch, sort of like they are two upright cylinders not two round objects.  This happens in my not yet released VP 10.6 Capersville table when balls are caught in the top saucers, looks pretty funky…

CarnyPriest
                    Participant
                      @carnypriest

In 2018, I completed my project to draw repros for Stern SAM cards for tables where factory pdf are not available. Added some Capcom and some others as well. It took a hell of a lot longer than I thought it would. Thanks to Inkochnito and Dazz for hosting the results.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                      bord
                        @bord

I really enjoyed working with Bord and meeting him in person at the Midwest Gaming Classic in Milwaukee…

Right back at you, Scott. Hoping Tom Taylor’s 2019 happens.

I’ve helped in many tables but I liked cftbl and cv but Jurassic Park was a good one to be part of too.

Those were 2018? Incredible.

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

Co-wrote my first recreation, Algar with Kalavera. Added and improved upon scripts for almost all vpx tables created pre 10.4 and a few later ones, giving them FF and SFF for anyone to use. Pissed some people off, hopefully helped a few more. Found and reported some bugs that got fixed and even made some suggestions that got through too. ( thank you djrobx, toxie and fuzzel )

Should be about it ?! B-)

Want to thank you authors for all the fantastic re-creations you made in 2018.

The Loafer
                          Participant
                            @theloafer

I’m not a big time contributor but I hope my sense of humor has entertained some, the few resources I’ve been able to get (via my bro-in-law) have helped and in some cases, my testing skills helped a few projects along the way.  I guess we all contribute as best we can :).  Seriously I’m in awe on how table authors, the devs and all other contributors work together to make this hobby so progressive.  Truly we are blessed and I think this past year has seem some welcomed improvements outside of the VP bubble (FP/commercial pinball apps)

I don’t think 2019 will bring perfect simulation to our hobby but we can see continued improvement each and every year so I don’t think this new year will be different.  Looking back, from the first beta of VPX to now, tables play sooo much better.  In fact, this is something worth reflecting on:  compared to just a couple of years ago, the level of quality on each release has seen a huge increase and I’m not just referring to the graphics/look of the table as out-of-the-box playability seems to be better on each table release (there are few “looks good but don’t like how it plays” releases).

If I have a wish for 2019, it’s to see continuous improvements in the development of our simulator, continuous improvement in the commercial pinball apps, enjoy a few new releases and a call to authors to continue to remember:  Pinball isn’t supposed to be frustrating but it’s not supposed to be easy either; make that high scoring game feel like an achievement.

Finally, one last request:  please 2019, a little less virtual pinball drama!  That last one took the wind out of my sails (and permission offered to all to state “hey Loaf, you are ADDING to the drama” LOL

bord
                              @bord

Finally, one last request: please 2019, a little less virtual pinball drama! That last one took the wind out of my sails…

Amen.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

@bord I thought they were 2018 ?

********************************************************
                                for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                                Participant
                                  @theloafer

well JP got an update in 2018 so it’s all good

bord
                                    @bord

@bord I thought they were 2018 ?

Probably were, I just lost track of how much excellent stuff was released.

RustyCardores
                                      @rustycardores
                                      MemberModerator

I got nuffin.  My year went to total shit early on and I basically had the whole year off from VP.

I must say however, I am super impressed how 2018 saw SSF become pretty much common place in tables.  Warms me heart it does. ;)

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                      bord
                                        @bord

@rustycardores, here’s to a better 2019 for you. Thanks for your work on SSF!

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

@rustycardores I hope all is better now and you can get back to us more :)

for IOS and Android

RustyCardores
                                            @rustycardores
                                            MemberModerator

Cheers guys.  It will never be better as some things can’t be fixed, but it sure will be different and I plan to make the most of the opportunities that this difference opens to me. To do anything else would just make me a sad old ****. lol

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?