The cabinet that isn't

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dneudecker
    Participant
      @dneudecker

About 3 months ago I found Visual Pinball & love it.  I was going to build an actual cabinet around my 60″ samsung, but, it was going to be too big.  I realized that once I built the damn thing.   Then it hit me to stick it on the wall.  I made a stand alone controller (i guess you’d call it) with all the buttons I would need and more.  An ipac2 is the encoder used for zero latency.  The trackball was cause I had it and the stand is fancy af   :yahoo:

I’m using my home theater PC as the brains.  i7 4790k and an MSI GTX 1070.  The playfield is a 60″ samsung at 1080p.  The 75″ 4k LG is used as the backglass, back asswords, I know.  The portrait mode tv is rotated in windows, I don’t know why most other cabs are using landscape.  The only part is having to change the orientation of each table in vpx from a 270 value to a 0.    It’s worth it to be able to watch vertical videos or webpages vertically.

It’s a decent setup for other people to watch too.  Technically you can sit on the couch and use the controller, but it’s more fun to stand about 5-6 feet from the field tv.  I even had my 71 yo dad and step mother playing it.

Thanks for reading

IMG_6381IMG_6382IMG_6384IMG_6385IMG_6386IMG_6387IMG_6388IMG_6389IMG_6390IMG_6373IMG_6375IMG_6378IMG_6379IMG_6380

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I do same thing in my den on my 85′ but just desktop view as tv is “tv” in den. Important thing is your having fun cabinet or no cabinet!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

LynnInDenver
        Participant
          @lynnindenver

Reminds me a little of the testing we did using the MAME machine’s rotating wall-mounted monitor.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
          Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
          Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Drybonz
          Participant
            @drybonz

I have a similar desktop setup, with one monitor mounted above the other for the backglass.  I had some photos of it over at the other site, but I think they became extinct when photobucket took a dump on the internet a couple years back.

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

I should add you have good taste in table choices too!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?