The Endless Summer – Original DIP (desaster in progress)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    flstclasic
    Participant
      @flstclasic

I will wait patiently for the release. Just wanted to let you know I have been following the build. I really like what you have done and want to do with the surf them! I hope you can find some help to finish the table the way you have envisioned!

makmak
      Participant
        @makmak

proof of concept

recording technique: highend-hightech-youtube-influencer-style (my daughter standing on a stepladder filming over my shoulder, while I am kneeling in front of my cab – good excuse for my bad game ;-)) table-sound is a bit…well, smartphone-mic…how do others record three screens a t the same time???

this version before some talented guys put their hands on gratefully – big thanks to Thalamus ad ScottyVH!

flstclasic
        Participant
          @flstclasic

I am happy it sounds like you have some help to finish up this table.

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Having issues getting it to start with scoring. This is because I hate UltraDMD and have replaced it by FlexDMD. I’m able to start the game now, but, no score and it is much more fun than what I first expected. Personally. I think he should just release it as it and let whoever help out.

makmak
            Participant
              @makmak

wanted: some “beta”-testers for a final  test before publish to check compatibility with different machines and find (heavy) bugs (smaller ones are there for sure anyway)

needs: 3-screen-cab, pup, UltraDMD, vpx10.6., some testing-time- flexDMD seems to be a no go…

thanks for your help!

Thalamus
                @thalamus

That FlexDMD might now be your “fault” at all. It might very well be that Vincent needs to have a look at the table and that he needs to change some code. It fails on UlttraDMD.init and I have no idea why. The documentation for FlexDMD is what I understand a WIP.

JR
                Participant
                  @jfr1

Really have enjoyed following this build and playing an early test table.  Unfortunately I’m not pup/ultradmd guy so not much help for final testing.  But looking forward to checking out whatever you decide to release.

makmak
                  Participant
                    @makmak

I am planning an additional mode and for that I need a bumper coming up out of the playfield (like the ‘Ringmaster’ in ‘Cirqus voltaire’). Do you know of a “bumperprimitive” somewehere used before? Thanks!

makmak
                    Participant
                      @makmak

The new mode is ready, working and coming with V0.7:

“Surfers Nightmare”

From the first idea of a raising bumper it went to a mode about “the men in the grey suits”. I stole a part of a primitive from an existing table…surprise…

Idea was to give an extra chance for an extraball. For me the table is still too hard, I rarely manage to get to the second beach…how about you? (as a gift for Thalamus for his help and neverending patience I am also thinking about an option to disable all extraballs, drain saves and delete center post/up-post(;-)

Mode is available before the upper ramp is set free (both boards down) only, and only if you dont own an extraball already. Extraballs from this mode are limited to three per game.

To start, hit the 4 targets used for the skeet surfing mode (arrows will lit orange). You will soon hear whats going on and see what to do. Success will earn an extraball. Starting any other mode will stop the “Surfers Nightmare” mode and reset all lights, so take care and think about what you shoot at.

Need to do some additional sounds/dof/pupvideos. A new puppack download will be necessary and available then.

Still, please report any bugs you discover (if anyone is playing this table at all), thank you!

makmak
                      Participant
                        @makmak

also if you think about or want more “DOF”ing i am gladly trying to edit the script and config with your help, but i cannot test myself, i do not have addressable LEDs nor other toys…

makmak
                        Participant
                          @makmak

I have managed to animate a breaking wave (tube) on the backwall around the upper ramp! Who can teach me how to create an image for the primitive? I dont know how to scale or what size / format the image must have to fit the primitive…thanks!

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

If you want to use a image that fits the primitive, you have to uv unwrap it in a 3d program first. 3d is a whole subject all in its own. It is not like anyone will be able to just answer your question by replying. I kind of hate my answer, because I know how hard it is to get your head around in the beginning. What I recommend though, is to have a look at some of the tuturials that bord made where he creates kicker holes. Why do I recommend that one ? Because by following his tutorial, you will have to get acquainted with blender. Then, after that, look at another video he made where he create reflections in the metal walls. That video is much closer to what you are asking for, but, kind of hard to follow if you just right at it. By the time you’ve run through them both. Youtube videos on the subject should not be hard to understand and you will probably be able to create it. Blender is not the easiest program to get your head around.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            makmak
                            Participant
                              @makmak

I thought this could be somewhat easy as the primitive is “really primitive” ;-) , just a plain tube without edges or sth. A simple rectangle of the right size should do it, thats what i thought :-(

bord
                                @bord
                                MembervipContributorModerator

@makmak, would you mind sending me a pm with what you have? I’m happy to try to uv map your mesh for you and give you a png template to help place your image.

makmak
                                Participant
                                  @makmak

pm sent :rose: :heart:

makmak
                                  Participant
                                    @makmak

I did not expect the new “surfers nightmare“ mode bringing so much more fun and diversity to the table…still, the primitive looks a little strange, not really like coming out of the floor of the playfield. I guess its because my playfield wasnt made in blender and its not 3D. I have noticed bords thread about seawitch, but havent watched the videos yet. Just reading the comments on the videos makes me feeling depressed and like an idiot, as I have done everything wrong. Well, its my first one, and I am glad there are plenty options to evolve ;-).

In the meantime I have added around 150 new callouts making the table more diversified and adding a sense of humor, too (big thanks to Tracy at natural readers!;-). Is it very strange when you laugh at your own jokes? lol.

Most of the time I use „randomized cases“ to vary callouts. Lets say for case 1 use callout „X“, case 2 use callout „Y“ and case 3 use callout „Z“. Is there also a way (I know there is, but I dont know how) to say:  10% of the cases use callout “ X“ , 20% of the cases use callout „Y“ and 70% of the cases use callout „Z“?  What would the code look like? Do I need a dedicated variable for this or is there a smarter way? Thanks!

@bord
                                    was so nice to help me with the breaking wave (did you know? He owns a time machine! He answered virtually just before I sended it). Now I have a fitting template to get a nice image on the new tube! Thank you! It‘s already breaking ;-) (after trying out ALL of the possible variants of image rotation – of course, the very last  was the right one…) Not so easy to find or create an image that looks a real wave, at least a little bit.…

I am still wondering how to define the animation speed of primitives. Right now, I am using „steps“ of certain degrees – the more steps for a certain amount of degree the more smooth it looks like but also the slower it rotates, it seems So, how to define the duration of one „step“? Any ideas? Thank you!

Pssst, I also added, hold your breath, a secret easteregg cow ;-).

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

Don’t sweat it. Comparing yourself against any of those 3D artists is just wrong. Look at JP, he makes great tables too, and only using VP. The most important point is that you are having fun. It is just a added benefit that what you create, does the same for us.

bord
                                        @bord
                                        MembervipContributorModerator

@makmak, you should be able to increase the timer speed to increase the speed of your animations. That is part of the options menu in the layout editor.

flstclasic
                                        Participant
                                          @flstclasic

I am happy to hear you are still working on this @makmak , I am really looking forward to this “breaking wave”. This is definitely one of my favorite tables to play. Much fun. Thanks @bord for lending a hand on this.

BeachBumTN
                                          Participant
                                            @beachbumtn

I am stoked to see so much going on with your table. BTW, Still enjoying the early version and was actually playing it this past week. I look forward to the updates!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 87 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?