The Flintstones Pup Pack – New and Improved!

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    djinfinity907
    Participant
      @djinfinity907

Well I am officially beaten. I guess no Pup Pack for this table :unsure:

BazzaLB
      Participant
        @bazzalb

I’m in my 50s and remember watching the cartoon with great fondness.. I have to say, your contextual scene  selections are brilliant and even today they can make me laugh whilst playing. Really great job and happy you went down the road of Cartoon scenes rather than from the movie :-)

djinfinity907
        Participant
          @djinfinity907

Found a solution. Opened up vpx, went into video preferences clicked reset to default, and put 1 & 1 in vsync and box below it. Played 3 games and no disappearing backglass :yahoo:

djinfinity907
          Participant
            @djinfinity907

well,

played some High Speed II 1st. exited to Pinup popper navigated to the flinstones launched, backglass immediately vanished. had to restart computer to get it back :wacko: :unsure:

jmahar
            Participant
              @jmahar88

I love this!!!

liebowa
              Participant
                @liebowa

I cannot get the pupshapes to show up.   I tried to follow the instructions verbatim, but immediately ran into an issue when I found that my dlls are not directly in the Visual Pinball folder, but are in the VPinMame folder.  I also didn’t have the pinup section in the ini file, so I added it manually, but still no luck.

I also have copies of the DMDDevice.ini and dll in a subfolder under VPinMAME called DMDExt.

Curious why my installation is so different than others, and what is my best approach to straightening this out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------

Cabinet Build:
                - Computer: Intel i7 Processor, 16gb RAM, 512gb SSD, Nvidia 2060 Super
                - Monitors: Playfield: 42" Spectre 4K / DMD: 17" Dell Monitor / Backglass: 32" Hitachi 1366x768
                - Pinscape for Nudge, LedWIZ for lighting (strobe and flippers only, at the moment)

flstclasic
                Participant
                  @flstclasic

Maybe these can help sort it out or start fresh?

liebowa
                  Participant
                    @liebowa

Just in case anyone else runs into similar issues, I’ve sorted my particular issue out.  I tracked it back to the PupPlayer installation files.  Apparently I had neglected to copy the files from the PinUPPlayerVPinMame folder into the VPinMAME directory.

It’s all working now.

------------------------------------------------------------

Cabinet Build:
                    - Computer: Intel i7 Processor, 16gb RAM, 512gb SSD, Nvidia 2060 Super
                    - Monitors: Playfield: 42" Spectre 4K / DMD: 17" Dell Monitor / Backglass: 32" Hitachi 1366x768
                    - Pinscape for Nudge, LedWIZ for lighting (strobe and flippers only, at the moment)

creaghzycreagh
                    Participant
                      @creaghzycreagh

This is the first pinup pack I’ve got running and I have to say it’s wonderful. Thanks very much for all the hard work involved.

Running on a standard 3 screen setup at default 3 screen pinup config settings, vsync 1, prerendered frames 1, exclusive full screen,  looks great.

I have a tiny issue whereby the animated text overlay videos for the bottom part of the backglass (say something like BALL LOCKED etc) blink / flash a black square for a frame when they trigger. To be honest I could live with it but just wondering if there’s anything I should investigate.

I will endeavour to post a video of it but I’m just away from my setup currently.

Thanks very much in advance.

Cabinet Hardware (still a WIP)

i7 4770 // 16GB Ram // 1660 Super // 1TB SSD
                      LG 32QN600 (32" 1440p 75hz Playfield) // Dell 24" (1080p Backglass) // 11.6" LCD (DMD)

creaghzycreagh
                      Participant
                        @creaghzycreagh

I’ve found a link through nailbusters wiki which has some things I can look at. I’m at work currently but it seems like this will get me sorted – so for anyone who has the similar issue to what I detailed above, have a look here.

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

From the PERFORMANCE section.

Cheers

LG 32QN600 (32" 1440p 75hz Playfield) // Dell 24" (1080p Backglass) // 11.6" LCD (DMD)

creaghzycreagh
                        Participant
                          @creaghzycreagh

So I thought I would keep updating here for posterity.

I tried the tips on the nailbuster wiki as well as the youtube video included there, still no luck.

Not sure if it has something to do with the I/O throughput available on my motherboard – it is a very bog standard Intel motherboard from that era (LGA1150) so there may be something in that? I’ve tried Batman 66 and it runs fine, but it only has one video running at a time, so perhaps having two videos running simultaneously is the issue.

I am going to try and re-encode/lower the bitrate of the flintstones videos and see if I can get on top of it. In any event I will post my findings here.

I will say that after being out of VP for about 9 or so years, I’m amazed at how well it is all working now, no real requirement for fiddling with settings or tracking down fixes for issues – it’s amazing! And the quality of the tables is just unreal!! It’s great to be back.

Cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?