Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 240 total)
  • Author
    ItchyRobot
    Participant
    @itchyrobot

Why is my table playing by itself?

g5k
    Participant
    @g5k

@g5k

I have this issue with playfield reflections enabled.  No changes to the downloaded version.

The insert error is related to playfield reflections. We uncovered the vpx source code has hard coded that is playfield reflections are disabled it ignores alpha blending. Rob has submitted a change to VPX but this might not be fixed for a while since 10.6 was just finalled.

If you have not changed anything and have this error I’m not sure, it was tested by about 200 people and the only time this presented was when playfield reflections were disabled.

g5k
    Participant
    @g5k

Why is my table playing by itself?

You must have turned on 3rdaxis stress testing function in the script options. Set it back to 0.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    JR
    Participant
    @jfr1

Wow.  Much like TOTAN, I did not think this would run on my set up but it does.  Not sure what you magicians are doing but I’m seeing things I never imagined possible.  20191007_214057

DJRobX
    @djrobx
    MemberModerator

I’m guessing y’all who are having problems with the table playing itself are using the S key for start or something.  :)

Remove this line from the script:

If keycode = 31 then autoflip = 1 – autoflip: playsound “button-click” ‘AXS

Skitso
    Participant
    @skitso

Big thanks to the team! Simply amazing looking table, almost flawless. Too bad all the flashers look off with my rather unorthodox viewing angle on my 90 degree pivot single screen setup.  :cry:

One small visual nit pick is with the spot light at the top of the table. Image1

I suppose it should look bright white the same way as the lamps in the top left corner?

Yeah I only added that light at the end and it bugged me that it was dull. I’ve just realised it is because the VPX lighting is dulling it. If you select the primitive (layer 2 from memory) and if you set disable lighting value to 1 I’m guessing it will pop correctly.

As Rob noted the flashers were a new idea for how to handle. This method allows infinite stacking of flasher effects over GI on and Off without all the convoluted image switching in script and all the permutations of texture baking (that you can never fully cover no matter how many states you render). You should be able to realign them pretty well, it’s your punishment for fecking with the pov.

Yeah, that disable light trick fixed it. Thanks.

It sure is pretty table! I really appreciate your passion to this hobby.

SSF
    Participant
    @ssf1991

I’m guessing y’all who are having problems with the table playing itself are using the S key for start or something.  :)

Yeah, that line was the cause of it.

I also discovered, when I was trying to fix the bug on my end, that changing the 1 to 0 works just as well, so if you don’t want to remove the entire line, you don’t have to.

Blompottan
    Participant
    @blomman

As already wrote this is an amazing table! I had the joy to play it for approx one hour yesterday and it plays so smooth rly nicely done! One strange thing happening but it looks like it could happen on the real machine as well. During 1 2 3 when the ball rolls over to the other flipper. It was supposed to land on my right flipper but ended up rolling off the ramp behind the right flipper down the drain. I guess this is not a bug but it looked goofy.

Anyways again FANTASTIC WORK!

:yahoo:

Blacksad
    Participant
    @blacksad

Always the same issue than @rothbauerw and lot of other users wich posted printscreen in this thread, not sure to know how to remove reflexions on the layers (I’m very bad with the visual pinball editor :( )

Concerning the B2S I don’t have a lot of time to clean properly the translite, I tried a lazy method this morning with 2 images , first GI off and second GI on, but it not match perfectly :

g5k
    Blacksad
    Participant
    @blacksad

When I see 1571 downloads and only 91 “thank you” (5.7%)… What a shame ! I want to say that this is a community here, not a all-you-can-eat buffet !

If I build the B2S of this table, I think I will not share in public until the thank-you rate reaches 33%, so one in three people with a minimum of politeness for the amount of work that is involved here :yes:

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Nate
    Participant
    @nkachelmeyer

Amazing work as usual guys! I really appreciate the time and effort you put into these tables and this hobby. Table is running flawlessly for me.

3 screen mini-cab 23", 19", 10" - Win10(64bit) i7 2600 3.4ghz, 8GB Ram, GTX 1060 6GB
    force exclusive fullscreen mode in 1080p

g5k
    Participant
    @g5k

Extra note: In addition to making sure you leave playfield reflections on it also sounds like you need to also have the dynamic playfield reflection options in the video options enabled too if you have the black insert issue. I don’t think screen space matters but have it on if you can it looks great.

@rothbauerw
    @blacksad

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Schreibi34
    Participant
    @schreibi34

When I see 1571 downloads and only 91 “thank you” (5.7%)… What a shame ! I want to say that this is a community here, not a all-you-can-eat buffet !

If I build the B2S of this table, I think I will not share in public until the thank-you rate reaches 33%, so one in three people with a minimum of politeness for the amount of work that is involved here :yes:

1733 DL’s and 50 Thanks = 2,88%

Beat this!

Sad but true, it has always been like that! It got a little worse the last couple of years. More and more VP-Cab manufacterers place a link on their websites and the customers just download. They know nothing about this community and how much work a table like this is!

At g5k, 3rdaxis, Dark, DJRobX:

This is serious pro stuff here! Thanks for the hard work guys! Looking forward to your next releases!!

Blacksad
    Participant
    @blacksad

Extra note: In addition to making sure you leave playfield reflections on it also sounds like you need to also have the dynamic playfield reflection options in the video options enabled too if you have the black insert issue. I don’t think screen space matters but have it on if you can it looks great.

@rothbauerw
    @blacksad

I’ll try to try that :) thanks

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

1733 DL’s and 50 Thanks = 2,88%

Beat this!

Sad but true, it has always been like that! It got a little worse the last couple of years. More and more VP-Cab manufacterers place a link on their websites and the customers just download. They know nothing about this community and how much work a table like this is!

At g5k, 3rdaxis, Dark, DJRobX:

This is serious pro stuff here! Thanks for the hard work guys! Looking forward to your next releases!!

Doesn’t help that a facebook group provides a spreadsheet with direct table links either. :-(

Schreibi34
    Participant
    @schreibi34

@rothbauerw
    @blacksad

I’ll try to try that :) thanks

Dunno if you are running VPX in exclusive full screen. If not, try that first. It helped me on a few tables.

But to be honest, in the end g5k’s solution will be the right one!

Ginsonic
    Participant
    @ginsonic

It’s a masterpiece, thanks a lot  :yahoo:

rothbauerw
    @rothbauerw
    ModeratorContributorMembervip

@rothbauerw
    @blacksad

Checking dynamic playfield reflections in the video options did the trick.  Thanks!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

anarkizt
    Participant
    @anarkizt

anarkizt
    Participant
    @anarkizt

That’s it! Thank you, was really confused there for a while! :)

And again, amazing table, thank you so much for all the hard work, really appreciate it!

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 240 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW