Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Javier
    Participant

Well this is another of the tables I’m working on bit by bit .. The original Goonies in FP

It is already very advanced but I found the problems that many of the sound effects are in the file gooniesmusic, gooniesmechsfx and gooniesspeech.

Someone knows how I can get the contents of these files, or someone can contact one of the authors Jpinsa, Shaderbytes, GLXB & Highlnder00 and thus be able to proceed with the table.

Cheers, Javier..  :good:

"Learning without thought is vain, thought without learning is dangerous." (Confucius)

"Aprender sin pensar es inútil, pensar sin aprender es peligroso". (Confucio)

Please, if you can help me with a small contribution to update my work team and continue to make more tables I will be eternally grateful.

https://paypal.me/javier1515?locale.x=es_XC

5 users thanked author for this post.
    osc65
    Participant

Hi Javier,

Don’t know if these will help?

These are the ogg files directly from the table – sorted into folders.

Attachments:
    TerryRed
    MemberContributorModerator

Hi Javier,

I know he’ll be already using them…and sadly VPX doesn’t support OGG….so he would need to convert them to WAV either way (as do I when doing PUP SSF for pup-packs).

FP uses library files that stores sounds as well….not sure about how to extract those.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by TerryRed.
    TerryRed

Funny, I was playing around with this on FP in VR the other day (updating the physics to use new BAM Dynamic Physics, lighting, shadowmaps, etc just the other day…

…but I know for a fact that MANY people have been asking for this table on VP for YEARS, so you will make MANY people happy with this one Javier!

…and this would inspire me that much more to make a Goonies pup-pack.

Javier
    Participant

Hi Javier,

I already have those .ogg files and they work in .wav but the ones I need are those that come separately from the table. thank you anyway  :good:

Funny, I was playing around with this on FP in VR the other day (updating the physics to use new BAM Dynamic Physics, lighting, shadowmaps, etc just the other day…

…but I know for a fact that MANY people have been asking for this table on VP for YEARS, so you will make MANY people happy with this one Javier!

…and this would inspire me that much more to make a Goonies pup-pack.

Yes, I know, many people asked me to bring this table to VPX.
    I’m working slow but I’m fanning, my PC is giving blue screens more often and that makes me forget to save changes every 5 minutes and I lose everything, it’s serving me to exercise memory because I have to remember what I had done hahaha.
    But I still enjoy working on this kind of original tables. :yahoo:

"Learning without thought is vain, thought without learning is dangerous." (Confucius)

Please, if you can help me with a small contribution to update my work team and continue to make more tables I will be eternally grateful.

Javier
    Participant

I am trying to use PinUpPlayerDMD in this table based on the NailBuster tutorial but I can not get the score updated after a text. many times it gets complicated because my English is very bad

osc65
    Participant

I already have those .ogg files and they work in .wav but the ones I need are those that come separately from the table. thank you anyway

Cool.
    Which files/sounds are you after specifically?

TerryRed

Wait…Javier…do you just need the “library” files for this table?

I can see the sound files you are talking about. They show they are linked to the table’s library files. If you have the FP table’s library files installed properly , you should be able to export them from the FP Sound Manager, just like any other sound. I just tried it on one of the sound files and it works.

TerryRed

If you download the table from here:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-3705-the_goonies_pinball_adventure

The zip file contains numerous *.fpl files. Copy those to your “FuturePinball\Libraries” folder. Then you should be able to load the table, goto Sound Manager, and see the files there. Just Export them, like normal.

toxie
    Participant
    VP DEVMember

Hi Javier,

I know he’ll be already using them…and sadly VPX doesn’t support OGG….so he would need to convert them to WAV either way (as do I when doing PUP SSF for pup-packs).

FP uses library files that stores sounds as well….not sure about how to extract those.

At least with the music though it’s possible to keep the OGGs..

redrooster
    Participant

I never know if this truly helps, but since I have nothing to offer other than support, I just want to thank you in advance for your hard work on this conversion.  If I’m not mistaken, it’s essentially just Indiana Jones with a reskin, but I still like the FP version of this game (obviously due to the Goonies theme).

So…keep at it, I look forward to seeing the finished version!

Javier
    Participant

Little by little I am incorporating the PinUPPlayerDMD.
    It is a new field for me but little by little I understand its operation  :yahoo:

https://youtu.be/KNYn2bKw0a8

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Javier.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Javier.
    Javier
    Participant

Can someone explain to me how to extract the FP frames, in the editor you have an option but in the case of this table I don’t see anything, the PinUPPlayer DMD is already functional and little by little I understand how it works but I was stuck in the creation of the frames shown in the FP version.

If someone can explain it to me I would appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mR2pGs7tdY&feature=youtu.be

Cheers, Javier..

TerryRed

Can someone explain to me how to extract the FP frames, in the editor you have an option but in the case of this table I don’t see anything, the PinUPPlayer DMD is already functional and little by little I understand how it works but I was stuck in the creation of the frames shown in the FP version.

If someone can explain it to me I would appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mR2pGs7tdY&feature=youtu.be

Cheers, Javier..

Can you be more specific what you mean by frames?

Do you mean the fonts? If so you can export them in the fonts manager…but they are FP fonts format…so I’m not sure how they need to be converted to use as normal fonts, if at all.

Or do you mean the Overlay HUD frame? Any image can be exported in the Texture Manager.

Javier
    Participant

I refer to the DMD images that are in the FP version, from what I saw earlier in other tables they are placed in the list of images, in this table there is nothing related to the DMD, what I see is that there are sources in that section of the editor but what I want to know is how to convert those sources in FP format to a common source format

TerryRed

I refer to the DMD images that are in the FP version, from what I saw earlier in other tables they are placed in the list of images, in this table there is nothing related to the DMD, what I see is that there are sources in that section of the editor but what I want to know is how to convert those sources in FP format to a common source format

OK….yes sometimes people will convert pictures to use as Future Pinball “fonts”…even though they aren’t letters or numbers. I have no idea how to convert those back to an image.

Some people like SLAMT1LT would just use images from the texture manager with the DMD…but now he’s moving away from that as well….as its simply better to display the images on the backglass or playfield.  DMDs are old and boring now. :)

Javier
    Participant

Well I think I will end the DMD issue and leave it simple, I will continue with the music and then release a beta that will surely be the final version.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account