The Last Dragon table

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Richard
    Participant
      @fireslayer26

Would any table makers out there be interested in making a table after the movie “The Last Dragon”? I think this would be an awesome table. Even more so if someone made a PUP pack for it too!

Thanks!

Dark
        @dark
        vipMemberContributor

Reality is there are only so many authors and only so much time, the absolute top notch tables take as long as a year to make.  The average table author only gets a few tables out a year (depending on quality of finished product).  Another problem is that original tables with any kind remotely deep rule set requires a lot of work to make from scratch.  So with that said, you can make table suggestions like this and hope for the best but in my experience if you really want to see something happen its ultimately up to you.

If you have basic photoshop (or similar software) you can make a table following the examples of others and if your project gains interest you can likely out source help from there to fill in the blanks.

Myself, I’ve always wanted to make an original table, design my own and make it in 3D but it’s a daunting task, creating and sourcing all the artwork, making a playable layout and somehow find someone to script a rule set has always made me shy away from the prospect.

3dcreation

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Richard
        Participant
          @fireslayer26

@dark  Thank you for your reply. Yes I did look into doing it myself. But like you said, its a very daunting process. I wouldn’t even know where to start.  I would be ok if it was based on another table and just the graphics and maybe a few playfield items were changed. I even looked at this, but couldn’t even figure out how to changed the playfield background picture. I wanted to use something like the picture attached. (without the bluray part)

Attachments:
          Dark
            @dark
            vipMemberContributor

Re-skinning an existing table is a common strategy for making originals, a few changes to a layout and new artwork can make it a whole new table.

3dcreation

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Just re-skinned tables is the most boring thing ever. However. Doing more, like the Iron maiden table, is not. That is my honest opinion on the matter. Yes. I know. I’m an old grumpy guy that way. :-(

Richard
              Participant
                @fireslayer26

How do I reskin a table? Any suggestions on one that would work for this project?

robertms
                Participant
                  @mophead

Never seen The Last Dragon, is that like a martial arts cult classic? If so Swords of Fury might be a good candidate.

Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

Find a table you really like to play and then play with the artwork.  You can change the layout too by moving ramps, targets, swapping things.  There is only one way to learn how to build a table and that playing around with one that’s already built and learning what different things do.  Very fun

Richard
                    Participant
                      @fireslayer26

Get the table here. V1.2 will get you the files you need. V1.3 is the table only and is for use with the PUP pack, which is linked below. **READ THE INSTRUCTIONS** for the PUP pack installation.

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=14837

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/the-last-dragon-vpx-puppack/#description

Touchmaster97
                      Participant
                        @touchmaster97

I agree with Thalamus: No more Re-skins, please.

Widebody re-imaginings of already existing tables are OK, though.

Midway's Legacy lives on.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?