The living grill – more love to The dB2S grill area

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    vogliadicane
    Participant
      @vogliadicane

I have a 2 display setup so no physical grill, everything placed within the BG monitor. I love it, but always thought: Why does the grill area not get the love it deserves?

So I modded the grills of my BGes the way I liked them (not published)

…to: not look like daylight, not look like illuminated from the back, not look like plainly scanned, added lights and whatever (maybe you know my obsessive passion for lighting ;) ). Well all nice, but all of them were static and somehow dead.

Yesterday I started fiddling around with HiRez’ cool TWD bubble bubble backglass… added a better image for the grill and added my usual lighting to the grill. This time it must be more alive I thought and tried this and that. There is the tank on the right upper place of TWD illuminated a lot in green, so why not start here?

This is, what came out and I like it. It ist the first attempt, but I think it is a good point to begin. I will surely finish this one, but what do you guys think about it as a new basic idea for VP?

Worth the effort? Not so many people use the grill area?

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

:good:

vogliadicane
        Participant
          @vogliadicane

embedded in HiReZ’ BG:

CarnyPriest
          Participant
            @carnypriest

I don’t use the grill myself, but this is good work.  :yes:

VPinMAME does have an opacity setting if you are looking to try to enhance some of those reflective lighting effects.

vogliadicane
            Participant
              @vogliadicane

hmm, not sure Carny what you mean. Opacity setting and VPinMAME? I’m lost.

CarnyPriest
              Participant
                @carnypriest

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=37182

Just making a suggestion if you were wanting to try to blend reflections or lighting effects in B2S with VPinMAME rendered display output in addition to the reflections that are evident in the living grill part of the backglass. I don’t know if results would look good or not.

As TWD is the example, you may be using freezy’s DMD renderer anyway. I know less about freezy’s display options. There is a beta that has a GUI for adjusting lighting parameters for the display but I haven’t messed around with it because of other bugs with that release.

roccodimarco
                Participant
                  @roccodimarco

i have been waiting to use this backglass, but the grill version has yet to be released.  Awesome work!

vogliadicane
                  Participant
                    @vogliadicane

CarnyPriest : ah ok, gotcha. You meant for the DMD itself… good to know

Dark
                      @dark
                      vipMemberContributor

Looks great, I’d actually pondered about this concept a bit myself but I’m easily distracted. :P

You should get the most recent version the walking dead by Dozer.  The fish tank heads as well as their lighting are much more accurate to the real thing in that version.

3dcreation

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

More recent version ? @dozer is moving so a dropbox share would be appreciated if you’ve got something newer than what is uploaded here ;)

bassgeige
                        Participant
                          @bassgeige

I like it. :-) The impression you have for this dB2S and grill was also for me more times the motivation to include more direkt table reflection light to the grill or dB2S. The future is so bright! :D

vogliadicane
                          Participant
                            @vogliadicane

oh you already did something like this? Which BG is it, would be interestet to use?

bassgeige
                            Participant
                              @bassgeige

I am also not able to follow everything. It is a joy to see what you do!  :yahoo:

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              Wolfgang
                              Participant
                                @mrwolfgang

Hi, did you end up uploading your TWD backglassswith living grill in the end?; I can’t find it hee (I’d love a 4.3 ratio one) – Many thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?