The Machine Bride Of Pin-Bot (Williams 1991) 2 & 3 screens directb2s b2s db2s

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Blacksad
    Participant
      @blacksad

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/the-machine-bride-of-pin-bot-williams-1991-2-3-screens-directb2s-b2s-db2s/

• Full rebuild from scratch
      • HD translite resolution : 2560 x 2048 px retouched from @wildman B2S previous version, translite provided by cscroble, thanks to them.
      • For 2 and 3 screens, with removable grill and “B2S DMD”.
      • Authentic bulbs position and Rom ID
      • All Rom ID tracked, found and added !
      • Authentic translite mask
      • Redesigned grill to avoid distortion of the speakers
      • 20 photoshop slices for lighting this project
      • 2 inserts from @schreibi34 pack, many thanks dude !

2 screens  b2s visibility parameter : “Grill : visible”/ “DMD : hidden” / B2S DMD : visible”
      3 screens b2s visibility parameter : “Grill : hidden”/ “DMD : hidden” / B2S DMD : visible”

Edit the 28/12/2020, “3scr only” version added for this B2S with no speaker panel and a different image for the “B2S DMD” including the robot’s faces.

Special thank to @wrd1972, @cyberpez, @rothbauerw, @nfozzy  & @unclewilly for this amazing table recreation (and all the other authors and VP’s developers as well).

Enjoy !

Blacksad

A particular project for me because this table is the decoration of my mini pincab and the Python Anghelo’s arts are my favourites :’)

Total of 48 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Schreibi34
      Participant
        @schreibi34

Veeery nice!!

marie
        Participant
          @marie

Wow, splendid! Thanks!

And looks very nice in your cab! :yes:

7x4x1z
          Participant
            @cookieraid

Great work! Thank you! :good:

kds70
            Participant
              @kds70

@blacksad : This is a backglass i would call : “incredible”. It looks / plays perfect … thank you :rose:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Bladeof
              Participant
                @bladeof

Thank You for this Excellent backglass. :good:

STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

You also made the 3rd -Bot Glass … thank you Man, great :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  htamas
                  Participant
                    @htamas

Very nice, great looking backglass. Thank you.

It’s a pity though that in 3-screen mode, the faces below the score are missing, unlike your screen shot shows in 2-screen mode. Or is it just my setup?

Blacksad
                    Participant
                      @blacksad

It’s a pity though that in 3-screen mode, the faces below the score are missing, unlike your screen shot shows in 2-screen mode. Or is it just my setup?

I understand, it is not from your setup but from the fact that I use a “B2S DMD” so that this B2S is compatible with 2 and 3 screens.

The particularity of this mode is that the “B2S DMD” comes to cover the grid in 2 screen mode, so the background image of the “B2S DMD” must represent exactly a part of the grid used in the 2 screen version.

If I included the faces of the grill in the background image of the B2S DMD the image would overflow onto the false speakers.
                      So I made the technical choice to display only the score on the B2S DMD on the assumption that the faces don’t add anything to the game.

That said, it would be quite simple to duplicate this B2S to make a version only compatible with 3 screens, to modify the grid to make a version compatible without the speakers and with faces. (as I had done for the B2S of DINER).

At the moment I am more in doubt as to the brightness of this B2S compared to the authentic one.

Maybe the background is too dark, the flashers are too bright, the shades of the “GI no Body” are not shaded enough and the “flashers” on the robot woman should not be flashers but rather softer bulbs… in short I can only see the flaws now :scratch:

Blacksad
                      Participant
                        @blacksad

Because it is Christmas I had a second version of this B2S ;-) , a special one for 3 screens cabinet user, with NO speaker panel and with the Robot Faces on the B2S DMD with a retouch grill image like that :

Capture_3scr_grill

EnJoY !

6 users thanked author for this post.
                        Scooby
                        Participant
                          @scooby

You are knocking these backglasses out of the park. Seriously, this and your Fathom b2s are incredible. Thank you!

JR
                          Participant
                            @jfr1

Pretty sure that is the best looking belly-button ever in vp.

Peter222
                            Participant
                              @swietlikowa

I’m trying “3 scr only – B2S DMD with Faces”” version. Backglass is now stretched and cut (badly fitted to the screen). What could be the cause?

Blacksad
                              Participant
                                @blacksad

I’m trying “3 scr only – B2S DMD with Faces”” version. Backglass is now stretched and cut (badly fitted to the screen). What could be the cause?

I don’t know :) I can’t test the 3scr only version because I “only” get a 2 screens setup… but could you post a picture it maybe help me to help you.

Normally the B2S DMD image respect the same ratio than the first one… Does somebody else has the same problem ?

Blacksad
                                Participant
                                  @blacksad

Does the version 1.2 attached to this message solve your problem ?

Thanks to test it and give me your feedback, otherwise post a picture.

Peter222
                                  Participant
                                    @swietlikowa

Still the same. Previous version (no faces) was OK.

20201229_204337

JR
                                    Participant
                                      @jfr1

Hm, I’m getting this –

20201229_160502

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

Though I can live with the absolutely amazing version without the faces. I’m seeing the same as  @swietlikowa. If I set the 3 version to show dmd, then the proportion of the db2s become the same as the previous release without a config telling it to “show dmd”. If I save the new version setup, to “use dmd” and load the table  with these settings in db2sserversettings, the main picture is squashed to make room for the dmd and the faces, as expected. I didn’t have faces on the old version, I don’t really need them, but, like Whirlwind, It and other backglasses, it is of course a nice thing to have in the backglass, just the info panel on where you are in the game.

32assassin
                                        Participant
                                          @32assassin

if you guys want this

witch is the DMD image

displayed on an LCD screen,   you need to define the size and position in your screenres.txt file

the same  way you define the PINMAME DMD window

Capture

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

JR
                                          Blacksad
                                          Participant
                                            @blacksad

Still the same. Previous version (no faces) was OK.

20201229_204337

Ok, with the version 1.2 :  right clic on the B2S screen and choose “Grill : VISIBLE”; “DMD : hidden” ; “B2S DMD : visible”

info : on the version 1.2 I use the same B2S DMD image resolution than 1.1 and I removed the grill for the backglass image.
                                            (but unfortunaltely I forgot to redefine the “grill height limit” in B2S Designer, who change alone the y coordonate off the grill height limit, just select “Grill Visible” and you’ll not show grill on B2S but the full backglass robot woman image).

You can also try this 1.3 version attached to this mesasge,with the grill height limit fixed.

Thanks to test it and give me your feedback, otherwise post a picture. ;)

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?