The Machine – Bride Of Pinbot (Williams 1991)

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 324 total)
  • Author
    Sliderpoint
    Participant
      @sliderpoint
      MemberContributor

Maybe ask @Knorr  He had a strange material issue on some light objects in Demo man.  I didn’t quite understand what the issue was or how he fixed it, but it could be a similar problem so he might have an idea.

Yeah the physics are just a preference. I’ve played about 4 different BOPs but they probably were all a bit more “long in the tooth” as they say.  Although when I saw “2.0” I was almost excited for a different reason, if you know what I mean.  I’ve played a couple of those.  Pretty neat.

-Mike

Knorr
      Participant
        @knorr
        vipContributor

Maybe ask @knorr He had a strange material issue on some light objects in Demo man. I didn’t quite understand what the issue was or how he fixed it, but it could be a similar problem so he might have an idea.

Yeah the physics are just a preference. I’ve played about 4 different BOPs but they probably were all a bit more “long in the tooth” as they say. Although when I saw “2.0” I was almost excited for a different reason, if you know what I mean. I’ve played a couple of those. Pretty neat.

-Mike

Easy one, when a light has a base, like a wall or something, the wall needs a material assigned, because the light object is also using the material when it’s turned off…

The fix in demoman was a pure black material.

Basically Flupper came up with that lightning and I adopted it.

Draifet
        Participant
          @draifet

Don’t get it, are u still talking about the wire ramps strange artifacts?

Draifet
          Participant
            @draifet

I already fixed it, I copied the same ramp from the old version table, same material, nothing touched, no more strange artifacts.

Attachments:
            wrd1972
            Participant
              @wrd1972
              MembervipContributor

I already fixed it, I copied the same ramp from the old version table, same material, nothing touched, no more strange artifacts.

Could you please post a pair of pics, showing the concern? I am not seeing it.

Thanks

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

wrd1972
              Participant
                @wrd1972
                MembervipContributor

Durp! I just saw the pic. I will take a look.

Thanks.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Sliderpoint
                Participant
                  @sliderpoint
                  MemberContributor

Don’t get it, are u still talking about the wire ramps strange artifacts?

No, I didn’t notice a problem with the wire ramp.  I was replying to @wrd1972 about the missing materials on items.  I thought it was related to lights,  but now having opened the table to look it’s just missing materials on some objects.

Item list:
                  pPlastic6a
                  Primitive3
                  Ramp1
                  Ramp28
                  Ramp21
                  Ramp23
                  Ramp26
                  Rubber30 and Rubber37 (which you probably don’t need both)

There could be more, those are just the ones that stood out.

-Mike

Meek424424
                  Participant
                    @meek424424

Great work on a beautiful table! I love this machine and this build is just awesome! Thank you for your hard work! :)

I do have an issue, and I am sure it is something I am missing. Does anyone else have issues with the face getting stuck between faces? Any Idea on what I am doing wrong? I am running a late VPX 5 beta, one of the latest VPinMAME builds. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

wrd1972
                    Participant
                      @wrd1972
                      MembervipContributor

I really appreciate you guys bringing this to my attention. :)

Okay, I have fixed the missing materials, and I am looking for any more problematic ones. Also, the wire ramp texture appears to be the issue on the ramp. Contacting CP now to see when he can fix the texture, and I will upload a new rev with a couple other minor fixes ASAP.

Meek424424
                      Participant
                        @meek424424

I got the faces to calibrate and it works fine now. I just hit F3 to reset the ROM. I then closed the table and re-launched it. The faces calibrated and the table has worked every since. Not sure how I jacked that up. Thanks!

firebeek70
                        Participant
                          @firebeek70

I can only get desktop view on my cab with this table and the Dr. Dude table that you re-done. What do I need to do to get the cab view??? Thanks

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

POV either import from page 6 of this thread or enter values yourself

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/the-machine-bride-of-pinbot-williams-1991/page/6/

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Skyrider
                            Participant
                              @skyrider

Fantastic work! Thanks a lot for this beautiful table! :good:

HauntFreaks
                                @hauntfreaks
                                vipContributorMember

heres my landscape POV
                                https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JQDECshX_UcYBMLCH1ev1pfa3Yy9TJ7q

the way I  fixed the jaggy issue was with a material adjustment and a different environment map… now the table is super smooth

my question is, since i’m an old VP fuck… where in this crazy new script thingamabob… can the GI brightness be set??

untitled1

Sliderpoint
                                Participant
                                  @sliderpoint
                                  MemberContributor

I’m going to guess 1625, the color grade switching.  I’m not a fan of that method, but it’s easy to comment out in the script.

If not that, not sure.

-Mike

wrd1972
                                  Participant
                                    @wrd1972
                                    MembervipContributor

The jaggy issue with the ramp, was actually an issue with the 3d. It has now been corrected along with the several missing material issues. I will upload a new rev with these fixes likely today or tomorrow.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    Draifet
                                    Participant
                                      @draifet

It’s very picky, but before the new rev if u want check the bottom post under the bonus scores, I think it’s a little out of position. Thanks for updating!

wrd1972
                                      Participant
                                        @wrd1972
                                        MembervipContributor

It’s very picky, but before the new rev if u want check the bottom post under the bonus scores, I think it’s a little out of position. Thanks for updating!

Yeah I can certainly do that. But just reduce confusion, could you please send me a screen shot showing the exact post?

Thanks

Draifet
                                        Participant
                                          @draifet

Sorry. I was wrong about the post, now I think it is already well placed. This screenshoot fooled me (the post under the 300K), but then I watched a video on youtube and saw that the post wasn’t holding the bonus panel (min 2:30): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbd9G64rGx8

Still don’t understand what is doing there.

Attachments:
                                          wrd1972
                                          Participant
                                            @wrd1972
                                            MembervipContributor

It is actually very common to find these oddly placed posts, around many real pins. You can actually find many just to the right, of the shooter too. And one might ask, what the heck are these for?

Well the reason is, the post will block an area where you could get a ball stick on a real machine. Without these posts, if the ball goes airborne, it can land in these little ‘pockets” and get stuck. Then the game is disrupted and you have to contact the operator. Or at worse, someone lifts the machine up and jostles it around to free the ball.

So that’s what they are for.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 324 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?