The Machine – Bride Of Pinbot (Williams 1991)

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 324 total)
  • Author
    Micronaut
    Participant
      @micronaut

great work wrd 1972, :good:

thanks to you and the whole team for this excellent update of one of my favorite tables, :heart:

HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

I’m going to guess 1625, the color grade switching. I’m not a fan of that method, but it’s easy to comment out in the script.

If not that, not sure.

-Mike

that didn’t do it for me… I tried messing with all those numbers and commenting stuff….
        so I still don’t see where the GI brightness is adjusted….

and what in the 3d causes jaggies and hot spots?   :scratch:

wrd1972
        Participant
          @wrd1972
          MembervipContributor

Not sure what the root cause was for the funky ramp. CP simply redid the ramp in Blender, and it turned out the way it should. Im working on the table now and I should have it done in the morning. I’m now changing over to material controlled physics and fixing some rubber hit sound effects that were jacked up.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

HauntFreaks
            @hauntfreaks
            vipContributorMember

maybe we’re not talking about the same jaggies and hotspots…
            I meant these
            temp3btemp3

and after the material adjustment and envo change

test

wrd1972
            Participant
              @wrd1972
              MembervipContributor

So did your material change and envo change reduce the jaggies? I cant quite tell from the pic. I can see where it reduced the hotspots though.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Clark Kent
              Participant
                @clarkkent
                MemberContributor

The most problematic part of this table is the playfield – it is not very accurate and heavily distorted. Without the correct aspect ratio and drilled holes with the posts on the correct positions you will never get an authentic gameplay.

I’m right in the middle of revising a scanned but old and damaged playfield. You should use this one as soon as finished.

Attachments:
                wrd1972
                Participant
                  @wrd1972
                  MembervipContributor

The most problematic part of this table is the playfield – it is not very accurate and heavily distorted. Without the correct aspect ratio and drilled holes with the posts on the correct positions you will never get an authentic gameplay.

I’m right in the middle of revising a scanned but old and damaged playfield. You should use this one as soon as finished.

Yeah the existing PF image has issues for sure. One of the biggest being, no locator holes in addition to what you mentioned above. I would gladly welcome a much better PF image and I will redo it yet again. But in the meantime, I will release a rev to fix numerous problems that plagued this last release. Will try to do that today or tomorrow.

Sliderpoint,

The flipper physics were indeed jacked up. My intended one were being governed by the global physics setting and not the local table settings. When I turned off use global in the flipper physics properties, I did not ad in the intended values. Expect them to be better when I get this rev out.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  exodus_cl
                  Participant
                    @exodus123456

hey guys :s

How do I import/find the option for the POV fix so I can use this table on my cab?

(fullscreen is rotated)

Thanks in advance

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

Like a db2s file – if it is named exactly like the table it can be used. Eg. tablename.vpx <=> tablename.pov.

Or, File -> Import -> something ( don’t remember the exact wording, but, something pov ). Remember to save table after that.

grendelrt
                      Participant
                        @grendelrt

Has anyone else had an issue with the ball going rocket speed when it comes down the tunnel from the face? Has happened to me 5 or 6 times, it goes so fast that if I hold the left flipper up it almost shoots the ball over the right slingshot hehe. Its very random of when it happens, I played prob 10 games today and it only happened once.

This is the house favorite right now btw, amazing job, thanks so much for all your hard work.

wrd1972
                        Participant
                          @wrd1972
                          MembervipContributor

Gren,

I have never see that. But I will certainly take a look.

I am still working on the new rev to address the issue mentioned a page or two ago.  For some crazy reason, all of the sounds disappeared and set me back several days.  Hopefully this weekend.

Draifet
                          Participant
                            @draifet

I’m repressing the desire to play the table waiting for the update.

wrd1972
                            Participant
                              @wrd1972
                              MembervipContributor

Working on it now. :)

Adding in some new “eye candy”, that will be impossible to miss.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                              PinballerinID
                              Participant
                                @pinballerinid

The table is rotated on my cab.  How can I get the table to rotate to the correct orientation of the cabinet?

Thanks!

Skitso
                                Participant
                                  @skitso

Working on it now. :)

Adding in some new “eye candy”, that will be impossible to miss.

Any update on this (or Funhouse), wrd? :bye:

wrd1972
                                  Participant
                                    @wrd1972
                                    MembervipContributor

A lot of work has been done on the face rotation scripting, to smooth it out and make it much more realistic. Currently, DJRobx has the table and is finishing that complex stuff off now. Once I have it back, I should be able to release it. Tons more new stuff, and hopefully all of the bugs have been fixed.

Working on FH now. But still a whole lot to do. But it is coming along nicely. Hang in there. :)

3 users thanked author for this post.
                                    randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Your crazy. Sorry but you are! ;)

cant wait to see what you have done to it this time and how it can be any better is beyond me :good:

thanks for the update and your hard work to reach perfection that I don’t think you will ever be satisfied with lol

********************************************************
                                      Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                      for IOS and Android

********************************************************

wrd1972
                                      Participant
                                        @wrd1972
                                        MembervipContributor

LOL…you may be right. :)

One of my end goals is to keep evolving the tables as much as possible, and just pack them with newer and newer features. In addition to the table getting better and better. It also becomes a valuable resource tool that I can look back on, when making newer tables. So when I need to add common or more advanced features to the new table, I can just refer back to my previous ones.

Skitso
                                        Participant
                                          @skitso

Nice, can’t wait to see what you’ve come up this time around! I can understand wrd’s obsession in constantly improving his tables. I’m pretty new here and I’m already completely hooked into messing around with all the tables…

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus
                                            ContributorMemberModerator

@skitso : Happy to hear that. Because both your mods are :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 324 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?