This topic contains 210 replies, has 68 voices, and was last updated by  wrd1972 6 hours, 51 minutes ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 201 through 211 (of 211 total)
  • Author
     Micronaut 
    Participant

great work wrd 1972, :good:

thanks to you and the whole team for this excellent update of one of my favorite tables, :heart:

HauntFreaks 
    vipContributorMember

I’m going to guess 1625, the color grade switching. I’m not a fan of that method, but it’s easy to comment out in the script.

If not that, not sure.

-Mike

that didn’t do it for me… I tried messing with all those numbers and commenting stuff….
    so I still don’t see where the GI brightness is adjusted….

and what in the 3d causes jaggies and hot spots?   :scratch:

wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

Not sure what the root cause was for the funky ramp. CP simply redid the ramp in Blender, and it turned out the way it should. Im working on the table now and I should have it done in the morning. I’m now changing over to material controlled physics and fixing some rubber hit sound effects that were jacked up.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

HauntFreaks 
    vipContributorMember

maybe we’re not talking about the same jaggies and hotspots…
    I meant these
    temp3btemp3

and after the material adjustment and envo change

test

Some users who have liked this topic:

wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

So did your material change and envo change reduce the jaggies? I cant quite tell from the pic. I can see where it reduced the hotspots though.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Clark Kent 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

The most problematic part of this table is the playfield – it is not very accurate and heavily distorted. Without the correct aspect ratio and drilled holes with the posts on the correct positions you will never get an authentic gameplay.

I’m right in the middle of revising a scanned but old and damaged playfield. You should use this one as soon as finished.

Some users who have liked this topic:

Attachments:
     wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

The most problematic part of this table is the playfield – it is not very accurate and heavily distorted. Without the correct aspect ratio and drilled holes with the posts on the correct positions you will never get an authentic gameplay.

I’m right in the middle of revising a scanned but old and damaged playfield. You should use this one as soon as finished.

Yeah the existing PF image has issues for sure. One of the biggest being, no locator holes in addition to what you mentioned above. I would gladly welcome a much better PF image and I will redo it yet again. But in the meantime, I will release a rev to fix numerous problems that plagued this last release. Will try to do that today or tomorrow.

Sliderpoint,

The flipper physics were indeed jacked up. My intended one were being governed by the global physics setting and not the local table settings. When I turned off use global in the flipper physics properties, I did not ad in the intended values. Expect them to be better when I get this rev out.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     exodus_cl 
    Participant

hey guys :s

How do I import/find the option for the POV fix so I can use this table on my cab?

(fullscreen is rotated)

Thanks in advance

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

Like a db2s file – if it is named exactly like the table it can be used. Eg. tablename.vpx <=> tablename.pov.

Or, File -> Import -> something ( don’t remember the exact wording, but, something pov ). Remember to save table after that.

grendelrt 
    Participant

Has anyone else had an issue with the ball going rocket speed when it comes down the tunnel from the face? Has happened to me 5 or 6 times, it goes so fast that if I hold the left flipper up it almost shoots the ball over the right slingshot hehe. Its very random of when it happens, I played prob 10 games today and it only happened once.

This is the house favorite right now btw, amazing job, thanks so much for all your hard work.

wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

Gren,

I have never see that. But I will certainly take a look.

I am still working on the new rev to address the issue mentioned a page or two ago.  For some crazy reason, all of the sounds disappeared and set me back several days.  Hopefully this weekend.

Viewing 11 posts - 201 through 211 (of 211 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account