This topic contains 292 replies, has 87 voices, and was last updated by  CarnyPriest 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 293 total)
  • Author
     wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

New beta posted with cross-over ramp ball hit sounds. I created a pair of slightly different sounds and even added additional triggers so regardless of ball speed trough the ramp. It should sound correct.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/otazkfi78sa7wqy/The%20Machine%20-%20Bride%20Of%20Pinbot%20%28Williams%201991%292.1Beta_f.vpx?dl=0

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  wrd1972.
    3 users thanked author for this post.
     wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

Wrd great update, plays super realistic! Not sure, if you changed much at the plunger and first metal wire ramp, but it feels extremely “fair” on my mech plunger now, when trying a skill shot.

The plunger is very sensitive on this table, just due to the nature of how the skill shot works. The current plunger is adjusted to work properly with a NON mechanical plunger. But I have found that even on my cab WITH a mechanical plunger. I have to slightly increase the plunger “release speed”, to get the best performance. In fact, I have noticed this with many other tables as well.

So you will need to slightly increase the plunger “release speed”, to get the correct performance for you mechanical plunger. But dont overdo it. Or all of the balls will shoot to to the very top. Also on the real BOP, getting a successful “skill shot” award, is all luck. IMO, one can not skillfully get the award over and over, due to the way the ball bounces on those large rubber round blocks, beneath the wire ramp.

Hope that helps.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

vogliadicane 
    Participant

^^ Oh I think I wasn’t quite clear. I meant it feels extremely real and natural in this version. So you get a better (fair) chance to hit the skillshot :)

For the sound it is in the sound manager: sound “Intro” should be mapped to the backglass (like all ROM sounds are) not the table; sounds much better.

Hope I was clearer this time.

Btw physics are excellent. This release will be soooo good, I love it.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  vogliadicane.
     wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

So to be clear. Select this:

Is that correct?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  wrd1972.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  wrd1972.
     vogliadicane 
    Participant

yeah that’s what I meant. It can also be done in the list of sounds – button Toggle BG Output…

1 user thanked author for this post.
     wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

Ok I can make that change. NP.

wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

Okay last Beta has been posted. Switched “intro” sound clip to backglass. Added combo target hack on the two right side stand-up targets. More realistic target moving animations. Few other small visuals.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/otazkfi78sa7wqy/The%20Machine%20-%20Bride%20Of%20Pinbot%20%28Williams%201991%292.1Beta_f.vpx?dl=0

Final release likely tomorrow assuming no issues are encountered.

wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

<span style=”font-size: 18pt;”><span style=”font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;”>Version 2.1 now released and ready to download.</span></span>

• Lots of new stuff of course. New face hole ball physics
    • New gameplay physics, lighting etc.
    • Removed lots of dated physics hacks
    • Way cool color changing helmet bulbs option.
    • Lots of thanks to Cyberpez and Rothbauerw for helping me to work the kinks out.

Mark70 
    Participant

Thanks a lot for another update of this gem!

Edit after playing:
    wow what an awesome experience, all these superb flashers, light inserts, reflections (even on plastics), new hole physics, bulbs. .. combined with the excellent playability due to the excellent physics! In addition there are tons of options, so we can easily put 3 variants of this table into the cab. Thanks again!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am looking for T2 cabinet decals, please send pm for offers.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Albright 
    Participant

nice update. Thank you!

BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

Nice update, @wrd1972 thanks.

So I was looking at how you did your multi-target hits and comparing to how 3rd axis did his, and I exported your target prims to possibly use in my tables (still hoping they update the built in targets), but umm, did you know your round targets are ovals?   or are they supposed to be?  :unsure:

Capture

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you for the update. I never get tired of updates that improves the tables. I want to add. it is seldom or I should maybe say, I can’t remember if we ever got a table that has this many revisions, but still improves as much as this release did !! :heart:   ( talking from the very last beta – now downloading the real release ).

Did you know that there is mobile phone app that helps to keep track of site activity ?
    IOS : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vpinball-mobile-app/id1446518720?mt=8
    Android :https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vpinball.app&hl=en_US

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Thalamus.
     cyberpez 
    Participant

Nice update, @wrd1972 thanks.

So I was looking at how you did your multi-target hits and comparing to how 3rd axis did his, and I exported your target prims to possibly use in my tables (still hoping they update the built in targets), but umm, did you know your round targets are ovals? or are they supposed to be? :unsure:

Capture

I can FixIt!

They were much more oval to start with.  :whistle:   I’ll fix up the models better.

wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

Thanks Dan.

Nope. no egg targets on BOP. I tweaked it and uploaded a quick rev with only that fix. Rev number will remain the same.

Here is the fix for the three target prims, in case someone does not want to re-download:

2 users thanked author for this post.
     Ben Logan2 
    Participant

Thanks for the update, Wrd, Roth and Pez. Can’t wait to download.

Mr_H 
    Participant

Incredible update! Lighting GI mod is awesome!!! Great work, thanks a bunch.

KiwiBri 
    Participant

thank you!

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Really amazing :good:

Btw. you have one “Dirty Harry” Screen at the Pictures here for this Table.

Ben Logan2 
    Participant

Love the realistic way in which ball settles into and through holes. Well done! New GI and sidewall lighting is a treat too.

Skyrider 
    Participant

Thanks a lot for sharing this update!  :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 293 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account