This topic contains 297 replies, has 89 voices, and was last updated by  randr 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 298 total)
  • Author
     digable 
    Participant

for the initial ball kick out for the serve, my mechanical plunger cannot hit the ball.  Also, is there a POV import i can grab for cabinets?

this is a great table, thanks for the hard work.

Mark70 
    Participant

for the initial ball kick out for the serve, my mechanical plunger cannot hit the ball. Also, is there a POV import i can grab for cabinets?

this is a great table, thanks for the hard work.

Here is a FS POV…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am looking for T2 cabinet decals, please send pm for offers.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments:
     Joey2001 
    Participant

I have many crashes of VPX at the start of the table. This doesn’t happened with other tables.

I think, it’s a problem with the new freezy dll (1.73) or with the modded b2sserver by David.

If I had this b2s and set external DMD, VPX always crash. I take the original b2s with freezy 1.73 and there are also crashes, but not every time. I can’t test more at the moment.

By the way: The table looks great and physics are perfect.

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

I have many crashes of VPX at the start of the table. This doesn’t happened with other tables.

I think, it’s a problem with the new freezy dll (1.73) or with the modded b2sserver by David.

If I had this b2s and set external DMD, VPX always crash. I take the original b2s with freezy 1.73 and there are also crashes, but not every time. I can’t test more at the moment.

By the way: The table looks great and physics are perfect.

This sounds like the at91jjit error.  Trying finding the at91jjit for the rom in your windows registry and set it to “0” and see if that fixes it.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of Pinball Magic

teme 
    Participant

I downloaded this new version but it starts up in desktop mode or whatever it’s called. How can I turn it to cabinet mode, is there some setting I’m missing? Previous version was working fine in cabinet mode.

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

Import the attached pov file for landscape.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of Pinball Magic

Attachments:
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Thanks roth!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

teme 
    Participant

Import the attached pov file for landscape.

Wow, I was actually able to import it :yahoo: Thanks for the help.

I have few tables where the physics are not that great. Maybe some older tables. I’m not sure if this was one of them but I made a quick test with this new version and now the physics seem very good.

Jopp 
    Participant

Thank you guys for the update, looks and plays fantastic as it already did but even more..!!

And thanks for letting me join the billionaire club  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

My favorite pinball machine?
    Where I can put my name on as G.C....

Draifet 
    Participant

@Jopp Can u tell me what backglass are u using? Mine don’t have the grill and speakers. Thanks.

kds70 
    Participant

Thanks for the update … playing this beauty now and it looks / plays very good. :yahoo:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 28" BenQ, Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, leaf switches / buttons, nudging, tilt, plunger, 8 contactors / knocker, PC: Intel Q6600@3Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win7 Prof.
    Real Pin: Eight Ball Deluxe LE (1982)
     Jopp 
    Participant

@Jopp Can u tell me what backglass are u using? Mine don’t have the grill and speakers. Thanks.

Not sure as I rename the BG’s to the tables name… but try this one, it says it is 2 and 3 screen:
    http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2902-the-machine-bride-of-pinbot/

If not you can PM me and I can send you mine.

My favorite pinball machine?
    Where I can put my name on as G.C....

1 user thanked author for this post.
     mikemr2 
    Participant

Is anyone willing to share their POV settings – when downloaded to my cabinet it appeared all wrong.  Would really appreciate some help on this, thanks.

The Loafer 
    Participant

Is anyone willing to share their POV settings – when downloaded to my cabinet it appeared all wrong. Would really appreciate some help on this, thanks.

Pretty sure I see one attached near the top of this very page sir

edit : there are two on this page

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Yeah there is probably 2 POV files in every page 😳

BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

I still don’t understand why vp can’t automatically compensate for your windows orientation. XY rotation should just be a setting in video preferences and all the backdrop stuff should be table based X and Y, and the rest is just math.  I’ve brought it up in beta threads and I don’t know if they don’t understand what I’m talking about or what, but doesn’t seem to be something they want to do.  :unsure:

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Good point borgdog and really should be able to detect such a thing! I mean it can adjust lighting based on time of day but can’t rotate the player!?  :wacko:

LynnInDenver 
    Participant

I still don’t understand why vp can’t automatically compensate for your windows orientation. XY rotation should just be a setting in video preferences and all the backdrop stuff should be table based X and Y, and the rest is just math. I’ve brought it up in beta threads and I don’t know if they don’t understand what I’m talking about or what, but doesn’t seem to be something they want to do. :unsure:

Probably a variant of “everyone just sets it up as landscape anyway so why bother adding the check?” Basically the whole idea of “since it’s already done one way, the small minority of people don’t need to be catered to.” Plus, they’re probably assuming that, at this point, a change means people have to change their cab setups and that it’s not something that’s a good idea to force for what they think is about a half-dozen people who are insisting that they want to have their cabs run in true portrait, since those people can either use iRotate and scripts, or can go through and edit all the tables they want to run. Which I’ve been doing (I flip my desktop monitor since I’ve got my two monitors on arms), but it is a right damned pain when tables get updated. I’m preferring to avoid running extra scripts and software on the eventual pincab because I want to run that machine lean and mean.

(Note: it shouldn’t be that hard to provide an additional POV option and a flag where, if we tell it cabinet mode, it can either check for the orientation then, or the user can also tell it what the orientation is intended to be.)

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
    Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
    Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

rgarriott 
    Participant

Hello all

Being new and just a month and a half into the visual pin world. This is my first encounter with a table that loads up in DT. So is this a common occurrence even though you have FS selected on the video editor? I saw the file that your suppose to download to fix it but what do ya do with it?

CarnyPriest 
    Participant

I still don’t understand why vp can’t automatically compensate for your windows orientation. XY rotation should just be a setting in video preferences and all the backdrop stuff should be table based X and Y, and the rest is just math. I’ve brought it up in beta threads and I don’t know if they don’t understand what I’m talking about or what, but doesn’t seem to be something they want to do. :unsure:

Probably a variant of “everyone just sets it up as landscape anyway so why bother adding the check?” Basically the whole idea of “since it’s already done one way, the small minority of people don’t need to be catered to.” Plus, they’re probably assuming that, at this point, a change means people have to change their cab setups and that it’s not something that’s a good idea to force for what they think is about a half-dozen people who are insisting that they want to have their cabs run in true portrait, since those people can either use iRotate and scripts, or can go through and edit all the tables they want to run. Which I’ve been doing (I flip my desktop monitor since I’ve got my two monitors on arms), but it is a right damned pain when tables get updated. I’m preferring to avoid running extra scripts and software on the eventual pincab because I want to run that machine lean and mean.

(Note: it shouldn’t be that hard to provide an additional POV option and a flag where, if we tell it cabinet mode, it can either check for the orientation then, or the user can also tell it what the orientation is intended to be.)

VP is open source, you know. You are certainly free to make a change and do a pull request. The help would likely be very welcome as VPdev is basically a couple of people doing this in their spare time. Lots of requests get made in the beta thread but addressing them is always a matter of priorities. :yes:

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 298 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account