This topic contains 297 replies, has 89 voices, and was last updated by  randr 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 298 total)
  • Author
     robertms 
    Participant

Wow wrd, what a table! So good.. it’s an all out assault on senses, visceral reaction. I feel like I should have a cigarette after playing.. :heart: There was a time (not that long ago) when we wished one day VP would rival FP/TPA/ZZZ in the visuals department. This table really showcases the latest VPX software, which has now officially annihilated anything else to date. Thank you Bill for your dedication, your hard work and.. never being fully satisfied with your projects!

HauntFreaks 
    vipContributorMember

awesome as always guys…. super clean build
    here my POV Landscape settings…. if you want the table to be 1:1 (correct dimensions) make the Y scale “1”

MBOP_landscape  <—-  pov xml link

untitled-1

Attachments:
     STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Thanks wrd, amazing :good:

the_greeze 
    Participant

This update is sublime! Thank you very much  :yes:   :heart:

wrd1972 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

Glad everyone is loving the table. And thanks for the terrific compliments.

@randr

Nope, its still not done. I have one more “hot” trick up my sleeve thats gonna blow your minds. Trust me…it will be epic but it will require a bit more time. I wanted to get this latest rev out since so much has changed and wanted everyone to enjoy it as much as I have been recently.

@pike13

The L8 ROM has been determined to be a bit buggy and there is no value to “upgrading”.

@robertms

” it’s an all out assault on senses, visceral reaction. I feel like I should have a cigarette after playing.”

I absolutely laughed my ass off by this. I then I had to explain it to my wife…she just rolled her eyes. I simply cant wait for your replay on the next and hopefully final release. :)

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

wrd1972 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

Regarding the backdrop settings I used in the table. I have been so pleased with these new backdrop settings that in fact, I have started converting all of the tables in the cab to these setting as well. In addition, I further stretch the table lengthwise to push most of the apron off the bottom of the display while maintaining the back wall. This gives me the closest scale and proportion to the real machines as possible while filling the display as much as possible. But I would encourage everyone to experiment to find what works best for them.

I also went back to the stainless side rails as “filler material” to further allow for more accurate S&P by making the viewable table, a bit narrower. If I compare my real Funhouse to my VP Funhouse with the new settings, the S&P is very closely mirrored.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

the_greeze 
    Participant

@wrd1972: A little off-topic, but are you planning on giving ‘Funhouse’ and ‘Dr Dude’ similar makeovers?

wrd1972 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

Yep planning to. :)

The GI Mod has been added to FH (still WIP), and will be added to DD and Bugs Bunny too. DD and FH will also be getting a color mod and some intro music mods as well. Plus all three will be getting the newer flipper physics.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Pike13 
    Participant

@wrd1972, @thalamus Thanks for the info on the ROM, I did see a little on Google but it didn’t really register and I guess I should have clarified by saying if there was any difference with the VP representation and the ROM.  And anyway, it was late and I couldn’t tear myself away from the table, it is that good.  The wife heard the “Yes, Yes, Yes!” and asked if I was really playing pinball.

@hauntfreaks, thanks for your table settings, those look really, really good.  If I could ask, how did you settle on a Y Scale of 1.21?  Just by experimenting by what looked good?  Or did you have some complex calculation taking into account height, eyesight, and cabinet dimensions to derive that value?  A Y Scale of 1 makes it seem too stretched out on a 1080×1920 resolution.  Personally, I like seeing the apron with the instructions and stuff.

HauntFreaks 
    vipContributorMember

@wrd1972, @thalamus Thanks for the info on the ROM, I did see a little on Google but it didn’t really register and I guess I should have clarified by saying if there was any difference with the VP representation and the ROM. And anyway, it was late and I couldn’t tear myself away from the table, it is that good. The wife heard the “Yes, Yes, Yes!” and asked if I was really playing pinball. @hauntfreaks, thanks for your table settings, those look really, really good. If I could ask, how did you settle on a Y Scale of 1.21? Just by experimenting by what looked good? Or did you have some complex calculation taking into account height, eyesight, and cabinet dimensions to derive that value? A Y Scale of 1 makes it seem too stretched out on a 1080×1920 resolution. Personally, I like seeing the apron with the instructions and stuff.

I set my Y scale to fill the screen side to side
    what you see in the pic with the setting is what it looks like on my cab at 1080×1920…..
    Y scale at “1” should be doing the opposite,( less stretched )

here is a pic of the table with no stretching at all… 1:1 scale to how the table was built… (X scale 1  and  Y scale 1)

StevOz 
    Participant

Really liking her, you polished her up a treat, my take on the DT settings , guess I got a thing for integers….

Attachments:
     Paul 
    Participant

Use of the left flipper causes the game to pause! Any ideas on a fix for this?

Great looking table though, thank you.

wrd1972 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

Paul,
    I suspect it might be you button mappings. Check preferences/keys… at the top of the editor and see if there is an issue there. Have you over-ridden the default keys? It seems that nearly every time an issue like this happens, its due to “custom” key mappings.

Jesperpark 
    Participant

There is no pausing in pinball!!!

Bad enough people like me use their buy-in buttons  B-)

Paul 
    Participant

There is no pausing in pinball!!! Bad enough people like me use their buy-in buttons B-)

I will look into the key mapping suggestion thanks, it was a weird effect to have things just stop!

RustyCardores 
    MemberModerator

The pausing is caused by the manual ball control script being activated by a custom left flipper key assignment.

It happened for me as well, so I simply commented out the 3 sections of the manual ball control script (or whatever it is actually called)

wrd1972 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

Ahhh will fix the manual ball control issue.

wrd1972 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

HOT NAKED CHICK MOD
    COMING TOMORROW

Paul 
    Participant

After remapping the ipac and PinX, I see RustyCardores noted the real cause, I had see this previously in the script but only commented out one line not all three. I was close :)

All fixed and finally glad to have a real crack at this wonderful table.

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Where are my Girls … B-)  … thanks :)

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 298 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account