The Machine – Bride Of Pinbot (Williams 1991)

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 324 total)
  • Author
    Draifet
    Participant
      @draifet

Playing with an I7 7800K @5Ghz and a gforce 1080TI OC, usually 180FPS at 4K. When I start the game, it plays without stuttering, but after a few minutes, the fps are still at 170/180, but it stutters, maybe is something related more to the red flashers than to the head rotation?

And by the way, for some reason the shuttle toy looks a little weird on this wip (I can see the polygonal faces on top), I know it’s the same model and texture image, but only happening on the wip, if I play the other with the same POV an settings it looks fine, probably a light doing this.

cyberpez
      Participant
        @cyberpez

Runs good on my cab, but I do get a little slowdown on my tablet when the red flashers go off.  But most tables run cruddy on the tablet :P

If anyone has any ideas on what’s up with the shuttle toy I’m all ears.  I’ve not found a fix for it and tried everything I can think of.

wrd1972
        Participant
          @wrd1972
          MembervipContributor

Well this is just f’n insane. Still cant get it to run on my dev laptop properly. When the table starts, the face rotation occurs every single time…even when it should be properly calibrated from the previous table start. In the past, if the head was calibrated, it would not need this calibration. But now, it does it every single time.

Also the sequencing of the attract lights stutters big-time and the diag message on the displays, takes forever to clear. And of course, this happens on my desktop I use for development too. Oh, the cab too!

All three of my systems have plenty of power and at some time recently in the past, the table played fine. I just dont get it. I have reduced the setting in video to allow more resources, but nothing helps.

Anyone have any ideas? Or this table refresh goes to the back burner till a solution is found.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Draifet
          Participant
            @draifet

I saw something similar on ghost busters (stern), when slimmer starts to move and the big flasher triggers, the framerate don’t drop but the ball stutters at any resolution or graphic setting too.

wrd1972
            Participant
              @wrd1972
              MembervipContributor

Okay I think I figured it out. I had “use sound” un-checked in the tables VPM properties for testing, and this was causing the sever stutter. Now one would think that disabling functionality would have the opposite effect…but not here. Looks like a VPM bug.

Re-checked the setting, and tghe tables plays as it should.

Thanks for the assistance guys, back to refreshing BOP and FH.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

1 user thanked author for this post.
              CarnyPriest
              Participant
                @carnypriest

Sometimes there is nothing else to do but backup and re-install Windows. :unsure:

Sliderpoint
                Participant
                  @sliderpoint
                  MemberContributor

Okay I think I figured it out. I had “use sound” un-checked in the tables VPM properties for testing, and this was causing the sever stutter. Now one would think that disabling functionality would have the opposite effect…but not here. Looks like a VPM bug.

Re-checked the setting, and tghe tables plays as it should.

Thanks for the assistance guys, back to refreshing BOP and FH.

I noticed that same thing with other roms as well, so not just you or those specific tables.

-Mike

wrd1972
                  Participant
                    @wrd1972
                    MembervipContributor

Tease…tease…

Looking to upload my latest refresh of BOP tonight or tomorrow.

Get ready!

3 users thanked author for this post.
                    wrd1972
                    Participant
                      @wrd1972
                      MembervipContributor

Version 2.0 for VP10 is up and ready to DL.

This table has undergone a tremendous amount of refinement with countless new visual details, all new lighting, all new physics, better sound effects additional table options.

Shout-outs to Cyberpez, Rothbauerw, nfozzy, flupper for heavily contributing to this latest refresh. Cant thank you guys enough.

Table includes all of the tips and tricks I have learned over the last year or so, and really looks and plays, better than ever. Please refer to the script for additional credits and table options.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

12 users thanked author for this post.
                      Ashlong
                      Participant
                        @ashlong

Looks awesome wrd1972!! Attaching a POV file for Fullscreen (same settings as 1.3) for anyone who needs it. I love this table, so happy to see it continue to get love.

EDIT: Updated the POV file. After playing with the same settings from 1.3 I noticed I couldn’t fully pull back the plunger. These settings seem to work best for me. Hope anyone who grabs this file agrees  :heart:

Attachments:
                        1 user thanked author for this post.
                        Rawnei
                        Participant
                          @rawn303

Whoa, thanks a bunch!

STAT
                          Participant
                            @stefanaustria
                            MemberContributor

GREAT, thank you, can’t wait for your Funhouse Update :good:

Draifet
                            Participant
                              @draifet

Thankssss! An hugh improvement over the other version and a lot of refinement since the beta, and u fixed the rocket toy too :yahoo:

I love this table.

Jopp
                              Participant
                                @joppnl

Thank you very much!

Update on a real ‘classic’ !   Let the hear-beat go up!  :good:

Thanks!

My favorite pinball machine?
                                Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

grunger
                                Participant
                                  @grunger

Looks awesome – some great updates to both BOP and DD.

I do have a problem with BOP – it sounds like a solenoid is constantly firing and the flippers are firing repletely when the a flipper button is held down – not just staying held up.

I’ve changed the POV to fit a cab (exported and imported what I was using on the previous release) but other than that no changes to the table.

Running VPX 10.5 final

However I am running the very latest VPinMAME which has the fixes for NBA fastbreak in, and I’m wondering if this is the problem…..

Sliderpoint
                                  Participant
                                    @sliderpoint
                                    MemberContributor

I highly suggest authors change their editor preferences “default material color” to something a lot more obvious than the default pinkish color.  I use the neon green color.  It stands out way more when objects don’t have materials assigned.  In this case it looks like the skill shot “off” scores and the helmet W logo are missing material settings somehow.

As far as the update goes, it looks great!  The physics seem like a lot of things are a bit to bouncy (esp. flippers).  Not saying anything is broken, it’s all good. I think it is just not my preference. Although the pop bumpers are a bit out of control.

Thanks for all your work on your tables wrd, they are really great!

-Mike

wrd1972
                                    Participant
                                      @wrd1972
                                      MembervipContributor

Good idea on the green material color. Regarding the pop  bumpers. Thanks for pointing those out, I will fix them soon.

I have played two different real BOPs (one several times yesterday), and the ball on both machines can really stay somewhat “captured” up in that bumper area. As you are seeing, it does that on the VP table too. So when the ball is bouncing around up in there, there is only one narrow path for it to enter, to return to the bottom of the PF. It really is that cramped, back in the bumper area. So if you find that the ball is staying trapped up in there too long, might just decrease the strength of the three bumpers or the strength of that slingshot up there. I already have the sling set lower than the two below.

Regarding the bounciness. I am modeling this after the behavior that I see on my real pins as much as possible. I tend to like a little more bounce and rebound and a bit less ball velocity myself. But as has been mentioned several times, its all personal preference and I encourage everyone to fine tune the table to their personal likings.

Draifet
                                      Participant
                                        @draifet

Oh, the pink W logo was nice :D

I can’t find the skill shot “off”, but I have found another one, check the rubbers 30 and 37 under it. To fix it I think u can erase Rubber 37, and add Rubber 30 into the RubbersCol collection.

Maybe u can check the left wireramp, on the old version it looks ok, but on the new release 2.0 at least on my config it have some irregular black and white shapes over it.

wrd1972
                                        Participant
                                          @wrd1972
                                          MembervipContributor

Will certainly take a look. Many thanks for pointing them out. :)

Draifet
                                          Participant
                                            @draifet

I tried a lot of things to fix the left wire ramp, but i can’t find the guilty, sorry, can’t understand why it looks fine on the old version and not in this.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 324 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?