The Shadow Skitso Detail Mod

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    Pinbolt
    Participant
      @pinbolt

THank you Skitso and Alessio, fantastic release.

stampedem
      Participant
        @stampedem

I have no table audio on this game.  Like, no soundtrack, game sounds, etc.  Doe steh tabel not have game sounds or doe sit need to be enabled in the script?

Schreibi34
        Participant
          @schreibi34

If there’s anyone that could make a new and more accurate 3d model for the battlefield paddle, it would be great! It’s the only thing I couldn’t make look good the way it is…

How about this guy

@vikingmop

He’s looking for 3D work!

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/long-time-vpr-first-time-caller/

Genesis38
          Participant
            @genesis38

The Shadow is quickly becoming one of my favorite titles and this table looks absolutely stunning. Thank you Skitso, Markrock76 and Alessio and anyone else I missed that was involved in this hidden gem.

bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

With the extent to which this thing has been overhauled one maybe could have cobbled together some new resources and not had to worry about locating Alessio for permission. I haven’t done the detective work – how much of the original project still exists under there? Either way, thanks to all for the work on this. It is looking really nice.

Edit: Not suggesting this would be easy – just speculating about how much of this is still original.

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

If there’s anyone that could make a new and more accurate 3d model for the battlefield paddle, it would be great! It’s the only thing I couldn’t make look good the way it is…

How about this guy

@vikingmop

He’s looking for 3D work!

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/long-time-vpr-first-time-caller/

We thought the same. But, well. It’s not like he can imagine how it would look. Good pictures from all angles and it would help a lot. Thinking of it. I’m a complete idiot. Spend a whole day in Oslo playing this an other pins. Did I take pictures ? Noooo. Beer was cold and the walk back to the hotel was probably double of what it needed to be ;-)

This is the only one I took and on a crappy Samsung – https://photos.app.goo.gl/G8P7TUWurtNnMRpW8

markrock76
                Participant
                  @markrock76

The Shadow is quickly becoming one of my favorite titles and this table looks absolutely stunning. Thank you Skitso, Markrock76 and Alessio and anyone else I missed that was involved in this hidden gem.

Thank You for the nice compliments!  This table is really a lot of fun to play and it is one I keep coming back to.

markrock76
                  Participant
                    @markrock76

Image of the kicker

flipper-the-shadow-f2286-7fd

FlippingSweet
                    Participant
                      @nomorestalker

One of my personal favorites! thanks!

Loganchihuahua
                      Participant
                        @chihua07

Thanks Skitso and thanks markrock76. And of course thank you Alessio for the original conversion. This table is fantastic, and actually the shadow lore is pretty cool.  Some cool comics, and old radio shows you can dig up on the character.  Also a so bad its good movie in the 90s.  Anyway, love that work is being done on an amazing table. You can switch the ramps using the magna right and left, and play the breakout game. Complex and fun. Thanks a bunch for the enhancements guys!!

Draifet
                        Participant
                          @draifet

I remember a poll or a list somewhere with the best pinballs and surprised me that this one was on the first places (I knew about all the other pinballs but never heard anything about the shadow before).

Nice mod, thanks!

Mark70
                          Participant
                            @mark70

TSPaddle

bord
                              @bord

Does someone have good images of the metal bracket that holds and moves this thing? The PAPA tutorial has a good perspective on how it works but I can’t make out the details.

Skitso
                              Participant
                                @skitso

IMG_20190303_170040

bord
                                  @bord

Hey Skitso, I wanted to take a look at the feasibility of modeling a new upper pf kicker arm and ended up with a short wishlist for this table. I’m going to leave it here only because I’m willing to help with these things. Please don’t take it as ragging on this project, which is leaps and bounds improved over past versions.

First is the PF flashers. They are turned 180 degrees so that the texture map doesn’t show properly. If you turn ROTY to 180 on the three PF flashers they will look correct. Stock would be orange flashers but the yellow works with the color scheme of the art.

Second is some element overlap on the ramp.

ramp overlap

Sidewalls are too low or upper elements are too high

sidewall height

Last is the upper PF. This has always bugged me because the inserts are so distorted.

Currently at overhead it looks like this:

upperpfstretch

but should be closer to this:

upperpfunstretch

upperpfactual

Could be as simple as some Photoshop work. I can pull a new UV for the upper PF that has precise proportions if that is of any help.

Again, I can help with any of these things. Just let me know if I can be useful.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Skitso
                                  Participant
                                    @skitso

Thanks @bord.

The flashers should be rotated correctly in the latest version. I have also tried to improve the battlefield playfield inserts. I think they look good enough for now in the latest version.

There seems to be something odd going on with the ramp primitives. In addition to the issue you pointed out, all the inner sides of the ramp walls seem to be invisible (no textures?). I’ve made a makeshift solution to this by inserting walls so it would look a bit better. The same texture invisibility issue is with the clear plastic ramp at the back of the table where the ball exits the battlefield playfield.

At the moment, I’d say the priority fixes should be the battlefield paddle and the transparent back ramp. If you can model those, it would improve this table greatly.

Thanks again!  :bye:

bord
                                      @bord

Thanks @bord.

The flashers should be rotated correctly in the latest version. I have also tried to improve the battlefield playfield inserts. I think they look good enough for now in the latest version.

There seems to be something odd going on with the ramp primitives. In addition to the issue you pointed out, all the inner sides of the ramp walls seem to be invisible (no textures?). I’ve made a makeshift solution to this by inserting walls so it would look a bit better. The same texture invisibility issue is with the clear plastic ramp at the back of the table where the ball exits the battlefield playfield.

At the moment, I’d say the priority fixes should be the battlefield paddle and the transparent back ramp. If you can model those, it would improve this table greatly.

Thanks again! :bye:

Looks like the normals are facing the wrong way on a lot of the ramps. That would explain them not showing up.

normals

I’ll get them updated on your latest version and start modeling the upper pf paddle.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      bord
                                        @bord

Thanks @bord.

Thanks again! :bye:

Forgive me on the upperPF stuff. I pulled the texture from the previous version. Yours is much improved.

The ramps are a bit of a head scratcher. They are single planes so only one side or the other will be visible.

flatramps

What do you want me to do with those? I can solidify them so they have two proper sides (can also reshape them for accuracy as in the photo) but you’ll have to re-texture them.

image-23

Sliderpoint
                                        Participant
                                          @sliderpoint
                                          MemberContributor

I have some useful resources for this project. It was going to be my next one on a ” from scratch” build as Bord suggested. Give me a bit and I’ll try to get some stuff together.

Skitso
                                          Participant
                                            @skitso

@bord, I don’t really have any good suggestion as I have absolutely zero skill on 3d modeling and texturing. So whatever you can and are willing to do is more than appreciated.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 154 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?