The Shadow Skitso Detail Mod

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

What do you mean by harder in this case ?

L0stS0ul
      Participant
        @l0sts0ul

First off thanks so much for this table. We are really enjoying it and I too have walked past this real one many times and did not know how cool it was. I just hope I see it again.

I am having a strange problem with the mini playfield thing with the latest VPX beta with both 1.0 and 1.1 of this table. As you can see in the picture it looks like a masking issue or something. My setup is a Ryzen 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, 8GB DDR4 2400 with a 256 SSD and windows 10. All of the lights in the mini playfield have an issue but the bottom left one never lights up at all. I don’t believe I have had this issue on any other tables on this machine. I tried turning on the alternate depth buffer option and when I do so things look correct when launched from VPX. All lights work and look proper. If I try to launch with pinup popper with alternate depth buffer turned on I get an nvapi_error followed by a few other errors and VPX crashes. I’ve been on the latest nvidia drivers but I did just get a notification tonight that there was a new one. Will be downloading that in the morning.

This is the only issue we have seen. Otherwise it plays awesome and looks amazing.

artifact

Draifet
        Participant
          @draifet

First off thanks so much for this table. We are really enjoying it and I too have walked past this real one many times and did not know how cool it was. I just hope I see it again.

I am having a strange problem with the mini playfield thing with the latest VPX beta with both 1.0 and 1.1 of this table. As you can see in the picture it looks like a masking issue or something. My setup is a Ryzen 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, 8GB DDR4 2400 with a 256 SSD and windows 10. All of the lights in the mini playfield have an issue but the bottom left one never lights up at all. I don’t believe I have had this issue on any other tables on this machine. I tried turning on the alternate depth buffer option and when I do so things look correct when launched from VPX. All lights work and look proper. If I try to launch with pinup popper with alternate depth buffer turned on I get an nvapi_error followed by a few other errors and VPX crashes. I’ve been on the latest nvidia drivers but I did just get a notification tonight that there was a new one. Will be downloading that in the morning.

This is the only issue we have seen. Otherwise it plays awesome and looks amazing.

artifact

Have u changed the camera view? Press F6 on the editor, modifiy the inclination till it looks fine.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          markrock76
          Participant
            @markrock76

Table is looking so fantastic! Thank you Bord for the new kicker. Wow! So amazing!!

Quick question. I played the alessio table release alot, and maybe i am having a bad day, but has the physics been reworked on BF alot. I seem to suck bad at it now. Like its fast. I used to do so much better on the Alessio release at BF. Maybe i am just having a bad day at the table, but anyone else notice this? Is BF noticeably faster and harder?

Yes the battlefield kicker power has been increased quite a bit from Alessio’s version.  I watched a lot of youtube videos studying how the battlefield played and targets reacted to try to get a more genuine and challenging experience.  But it gets easier as you play.  there is a fine line between too easy and out of control with the battlefield physics.

L0stS0ul
            Participant
              @l0sts0ul

Thanks for the quick response. I did change the inclination to 10 as that is what I usually have it set to on my machine. I reset the table to what you all have set and I do not see the visual artifacts. I’ll just leave it like it is.  :good:

Loganchihuahua
              Participant
                @chihua07

Table is looking so fantastic! Thank you Bord for the new kicker. Wow! So amazing!!

Quick question. I played the alessio table release alot, and maybe i am having a bad day, but has the physics been reworked on BF alot. I seem to suck bad at it now. Like its fast. I used to do so much better on the Alessio release at BF. Maybe i am just having a bad day at the table, but anyone else notice this? Is BF noticeably faster and harder?

Yes the battlefield kicker power has been increased quite a bit from Alessio’s version. I watched a lot of youtube videos studying how the battlefield played and targets reacted to try to get a more genuine and challenging experience. But it gets easier as you play. there is a fine line between too easy and out of control with the battlefield physics.

Thank you.  I was wondering, because it felt more intense.  Thanks for the reply.

Loganchihuahua
                Participant
                  @chihua07

Yes the battlefield kicker power has been increased quite a bit from Alessio’s version. I watched a lot of youtube videos studying how the battlefield played and targets reacted to try to get a more genuine and challenging experience. But it gets easier as you play. there is a fine line between too easy and out of control with the battlefield physics.

After playing some more, It still seems like the battlefield might be a tad too fast.  Earlier you talked about finding that sweet spot between too fast and too slow.  I  just want to report it feeling a little fast to me with full respect. I love the table. Thank you for all the amazing work.

markrock76
                  Participant
                    @markrock76

Does anyone have some good numbers for desktop view for the table before another update is released?

Skitso
                    Participant
                      @skitso

The Shadow Skitso Detail Mod 1.3

Update:

Version 1.3

• Fixed back ramp model (thanks bord), texture and material
                      • Improved back wall flashers
                      • Resized soldier figures to more correct proportions
                      • Fixed battlefield PF texture
                      • Redrawn apron with 3x the resolution
                      • Higher resolution plastics
                      • Added lot’s of missing transparent plastic parts for added authenticity
                      • Added lot’s of small reflections to bring the table alive

Markrock76 also added:

• Changed Battlefield kicker movement to respond like real table
                      • Minor physics tweaks
                      • Option for battlefield physics difficulty (set to hard  by default)
                      • Option for custom backwall decal (on by default)
                      • Option for ramp diverters to shake when hit (on by default)
                      • Option for plastics to reflect from sidewalls (off by default)
                      10 users thanked author for this post.
                      Arngrim
                      Participant
                        @arngrim
                        DOF MinisterMember

i don’t know if it’s from 1.1 or 1.3, but i hear the flipper sounds even with soundfx applied to the flipper sound, there is a sound that must come from somewhere else but i don’t see where?

Loganchihuahua
                        Participant
                          @chihua07

Markrock76. Love the toggle on the BF difficulty. Absolutely Brilliant!!  Great Idea. You can even play around with these three choices a bit if you want.  Just a great solution to different preferences on BF.  Awesome!

Keep up the good works guys. Thanks to everyone involved. Alessio, Bord, Skitso and Markrock76.

Thank you.

BrandonLaw
                          Participant
                            @brandonlaw

I really have to admit this table wasn’t even on my radar as a ‘favorite’ before the port, but after all the work, I can say it’s in my top 5.  I really enjoy playing this table…so much so in fact I have began the search for the real cab.  Thanks for really taking this project to the top of many players’ lists.

-Her “I’m not scared of you”…

-Shadow “But I am” /whisper.

You can’t not smirk when it plays in-game.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Pinbolt
                            Participant
                              @pinbolt

Thanks for the update.

STAT
                              Participant
                                @stefanaustria
                                MemberContributor

Had a strange Issue on Mini PF, pinched the Ball between Paddle and Wall,
                                then the Ball was “away” – i found it later on Top of PF …

ts

lukpcn
                                Participant
                                  @lukpcn

At my side the ball jumps like crazy over the ramp walls like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjlc501s00g38wm/Shadow1.3BallJumped.mp4?dl=0

is it normal or a bug ? (playing the 1.3 version)

Skitso
                                  Participant
                                    @skitso

Lukpcn, that seems pretty normal. Stat, yeah… If you manage to get the ball caught between the paddle and wall, strange things may happen. Not sure if anything can be done to it. Luckily it quite rare, I’ve seen that once and I’ve played a lot.

Bob Albright
                                    Participant
                                      @bobalbright

Update looking even better.  Thank you. What is the “uncompressed “ version in the dloads ?

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

@bobalbright : The uncompressed version you are referring to does not belong to this thread but Addams Family. And, it is actually already explained in that thread.

Bob Albright
                                        Participant
                                          @bobalbright

Sorry–meant to post it in the Adams Family

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Mark70
                                          Participant
                                            @mark70

impressive progress in such a short time, thanks for another update!

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 154 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?