The Simpson Party Pinball Rom Issues

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Kingspian
    Participant
      @kingspian

Not sure where to start so If I’m in the wrong topic and needs to be moved? You may do so. I just want to be sure I’m in the right place.

Okay I just downloaded The Simpson Party (May 22, 2018) from vpinball.com and I’m having issues. I found the Rom “simpprty” and when I started the game in Visual Pinball 10.5? I keep getting Rom Error Msg and it won’t start. I put it in the right Folder. I have 3 Harddrives and I wanted to avoid putting the Pinball game on my SSD Drive. Where can I fix or Find the Correct Rom file? I’m new to the Script so you may have to tell me Step by Step and Hopefully we can solve this issue.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

What’s your vpinmame rom path setup as in vpinmame setup?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Kingspian
        Participant
          @kingspian

Roms: E:\Visual Pinball\VPINMAME\roms
          Config: E:\Visual Pinball\VPINMAME\cfg
          NVRAM: E:\Visual Pinball\VPINMAME\nvram
          Samples: E:\Visual Pinball\VPINMAME\samples
          Screenshots: E:\Visual Pinball\VPINMAME\snap

Visual Pinball X 10.5 is in the E:\Visual Pinball. All the other Pinball Tables seems to work pretty good except the Simpsons Party.

osc65
          Participant
            @osc65

In the table script does it specify a different rom name?
            This should be visible somewhere in the top part of the script.
            Const cGameName=”simpprty”

Dark
              @dark
              vipMemberContributor

When ever having a rom issue, it’s never a bad idea to try testing it through vpinmame before running through visual pinball, if it doesn’t work through vpinmame it could be a bad rom or something, try downloading another.

3dcreation

32assassin
              Participant
                @32assassin

your table will not load unless you know for a fact that you have a working rom

run an audit in PINMAME to make sure you have a complete rom

after you verify you have all the bin files (and they are named to match what PINMAME expects)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xnmvj9cuc1t2fj/1.png?dl=0

do a test launch (start button)  to make sure PINMAME is launching your rom.

1. if both of this tings are correct you can move on to checking your Visual Pinball settings.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Kingspian
                Participant
                  @kingspian

The Rom seems just fine. Got no problems there. The Game still cannot pick it up. Maybe something’s wrong with the Script. Let me share this screenshot Script so you guys can take a look.

It’s strange everyone else’s game is working except mine. But I’m not bound to give up until I learn how to resolve this issue.

I got the game from here https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/simpsons-pinball-party-the-stern-2003/

So here’s the Script Screenshot I’ve Provided
                  The Simpsons Party

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

If rom is good then try this but rare it would be the cause but worth trying

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/turning-onoff-at91jit/

for IOS and Android

Kingspian
                    Participant
                      @kingspian

Well nothing worked, but I did find the vpt for VPX 9.5 so I’m enjoying that. Thanks guys for trying to help me out. I do hope it’ll be fixed for the future. I am willingly to learn about to fix some tables.

If there is something else to fix? Let me know. I’ll try different things to try to get it to work. For Some reason it’s not picking up the Rom.

gtxjoe
                      Participant
                        @gtxjoe

Post a pic of the rom error msg

you probably have ddraw = 1 issue, so search the fix for that

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Gtxjoe as usual is probably spot on! Forgot about that possible issue. Give that a try for sure

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Kingspian
                          Participant
                            @kingspian

Here you go. I brought everything together from the Dual Screen to one so you know why I’m getting a error.
                            The Simpsons Party

xenonph
                            Participant
                              @xenonph
                              MemberContributor

Try going into Preferences, Video Options, and uncheck Force exclusive Fullscreen Mode.

Capture10

Or if you need to turn DDraw to 0, you can add this to table script, (In the Table Init Sub)

Controller.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value(“ddraw”) = 0

or

Controller.Games(“simpprty”).Settings.Value(“ddraw”) = 0

Hope this helps.

Kingspian
                              Participant
                                @kingspian

Try going into Preferences, Video Options, and uncheck Force exclusive Fullscreen Mode.

Capture10

Or if you need to turn DDraw to 0, you can add this to table script, (In the Table Init Sub)

Controller.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value(“ddraw”) = 0

or

Controller.Games(“simpprty”).Settings.Value(“ddraw”) = 0

Hope this helps.

THAT WAS THE ONE!!! I just unchecked the Force Exclusive Fullscreen Mode

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?