The Walking Dead

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    latin625
    Participant
      @latin625

@CarnyPriest

If that does not fix the problem then make sure that the at91jit key is enabled for twd_156h in the registry for VPinMAME. It should be enabled by default but worth a look

What is a at91jit key is enabled key? and how do I enable it! Thanks!!!!

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

@latin625 : You have to open the registry editor in windows and change a value

win-key + r -> regedit  <enter> – you get a editor that looks something like this.

windows_registry

You have to navigate yourself down to the rom name for the table. Unfortunately I’m not on a window machine right now so I can’t make a exact picture.

hkcu -> software -> freeware -> twd_156h -> at91jit

You need to open up the hive. HKEY_CURRENT_USER – the subkeys SOFTWARE -> FREEWARE and find the twd_156h subkey, then double-click when you find at91jit under the subkey and change that value from a 1 to a 0.

After you have change it, make sure to close all open tables, since VP needs to read the key change all over again. This time with a value of 0 instead of 1.

2 users thanked author for this post.
        latin625
        Participant
          @latin625

I am baffled as to why it still slows down out of now where. Grrrr.  did this and it still happens.  Doesnt happen on any other table except the Star trek LE too.  The whole table slows down and lags.

I really appreciate you guys helping me with this!  I know you dont have too, but really, THANKS!!!!!! :good:   :good:   :good:   :good:

Did what you instructed, and still!

latin625
          Participant
            @latin625

Hi,  here are two videos of the slowdown.  First one Star trek le, second is twd .  The dmd and the table just lag badly.  :wacko:   :wacko: Hope this gives a clearer look at my problem.  :scratch:   :good:   :cry:   :unsure:   thanks guys! really appreciate the help!  Ill buy a round of beers once I get this sorted out! :yes: :-) :yahoo: :good: lol!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByipYbhg8SsEVzBzQ2pFWG1zUGs – Star trek LE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lQNOH_sAFs – The walking dead

CarnyPriest
            Participant
              @carnypriest

Oh, I know what you are talking about without even looking. If you’ve gone through the steps as I specified and you still get slowdown, insert lights and GI going dark, etc. then there is not much else to try software wise.

Once again:

If the a91jit key was already enabled, did you try disabling?

ALL pinball-related software needs to be run as administrator. Make sure ALL the dll files are unblocked.

Is there a more recent update to your existing dmddevice.dll driver?

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27063&page=1

Have you tried with freezy’s universal driver?

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases

Did you try both the stable release and beta releases of SAMbuild VPM?

If you are not running Windows 10 then you may need to upgrade. If you are running Windows 10, have you updated?

Long shots:

Have you updated your video drivers?

Try disabling Windows Defender

Uninstall or disable anything that is not related to running VP/VPM

If nothing works, then test if TWD or ST performs better with a standard monochrome palette, with unmodified game code from Stern, with backglass disabled, with PinDMD3 disabled and using a virtual DMD, and/or older versions of the game code (roms) available at VPU.

It’s possible that none of these will work and you will have to try different hardware or live with playing the Pro versions.

You are not alone. I get slowdown too. And so have others.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

@latin625 does slow downs happen with the tables available from this site? not mods from other sites? other site tables are not same

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

randr has a point. I see from you video that your running the hannibal mod of star trek le, that one uses more resources than Fren’ release if not tuned. And, about a91jit, you need to try both settings 0 and 1. Having it to 1 is supposed to fix things – but, on some computers it just isn’t and your better off by having it set to a 0. So, try both.

On the video you showed us that you can play VP9 tables without any issue, well, VP9 and *.vpt tables can’t do a lot of the stuff the authors are able to make with VPX. So, there is often a steep hill in requirement to be running the *.vpx tables smoothly. Do you run other *.vpx tables than stle and twd in your cab ?

latin625
                  Participant
                    @latin625

@randr  Yes.  only from here.  The star trek and TWD are from vpinball.  I only trust your guys stuff. :good: The Vpin 2.8 comes from vpforums.  Funny, My 32 bit version of VPinmame  says 2.9 but my setup64.exe says 2.8

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Perhaps you have mixed up versions. You need “stable” vpinmame Sam version from vpuniverse to run Sam tables! That will not be available at vpf or here. Also the table you showed in screen shot looks like a 4k mod not available here same with your Star Trek and I don’t have them so cannot comment how they play. Make sure your running 32bit version of Sam vpinmame from vp universe released stable version as that’s probably issue no matter what table your testing

for IOS and Android

CarnyPriest
                      Participant
                        @carnypriest

Use official VPM setup.exe to install the dll. Don’t use setup64.exe.

ozg
                        Participant
                          @netweight

How do I make the Metallica DMD look this good, size and compression of the graphics on the DMD. Not that right click and stretch the DMD stuff. Is it in the script or the registry? (and what’s the size of TWD DMD) Thanks!

TerryRed
                            @terryred
                            MemberContributorModerator

How do I make the Metallica DMD look this good, size and compression of the graphics on the DMD. Not that right click and stretch the DMD stuff. Is it in the script or the registry? (and what’s the size of TWD DMD) Thanks!

Are you using “use external DMD dll”  in PinMAME, which uses dmdext for virtual DMDs?

That’s how you get the really nice, hi-res dots (to whatever you size you want). This doesn’t use the ugly old PinMAME rendering. It looks really nice. That’s what I’m using in the Walking Dead video I posted earlier in this thread.

ozg
                            Participant
                              @netweight

No, it’s just the good ol PC desktop for now. Until I break down and buy a $300.00 DMD (one of these years). Dozer has the DMD really nice for TWD (on my desktop) and I would like to get the Metallica one that way. I appreciate the help. (really, no one can tell me how to do this, come on)

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

A picture might help understanding what you are talking about. To me it sounds like Terry answered your question, but, without seeing “your desktop” …

ozg
                                Participant
                                  @netweight

A picture might help understanding what you are talking about. To me it sounds like Terry answered your question, but, without seeing “your desktop” …

Nope, didn’t answer the question. TWD DMD from Dozer on the desktop version, is big with great looking graphics (the DMD looks compressed, like it has more lines of resolution for that size), Metallica is small and looks good, but when you do the right click stretch thing it looks like crap. I want to make it look like Dozer’s, man where’s Dozer. Thanks though, any more help?

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

@ozg is ddraw enabled in registry for Metallica?

********************************************************
                                    for IOS and Android

ozg
                                    Participant
                                      @netweight

@ozg is ddraw enabled in registry for Metallica?

DD is the same for both. Dozer has it so the DMD is locked, the DMD is about four times as big as the Metallica DMD on start. You can’t right click or resize and it looks really sharp and good. See if I play TWD PM5 version, it’s the same DMD as Metallica, but Dozer made it this way somehow, it’s the same for ninuzzu’s Twilight Zone. I’m just not sure how Dozer did it, script or regedit/registry. I want the Metallica DMD just like Dozer has it in TWD. Thanks!

OK, I figured part of it out on my own, again. The UseVPMDMD was commented out (in the script) on Metallica, in two places. So now it’s bigger and green (LOL), now if I can just resize the DMD and change the color, all will be good.

freneticamnesic
                                        @freneticamnesic
                                        vipModeratorMember

I think there’s some confusion as to the source of the DMD, if the size is “locked” then it’s a VP DMD and not a VPM DMD! You’d have to disable the virtual dmd in the script

Punch it!

ozg
                                        Participant
                                          @netweight

Fren, read above your post, I got the one part, finally. Never mind I figured it all out myself. Thanks anyway.

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

You need a real dmd :) LMAO Problem solved! LOL

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 266 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?