The Walking Dead

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    Johngreve
    Participant
      @johngreve

“Also, make sure you have the LE rom. you can get it from Stern’s site. The rom file should be called TWD156LE.BIN, and you need to have it zipped as twd_156h.zip If you are running in exclusive fullscreen, make sure that twd_156h is set to ddraw=0, or you will get an error / crash. That should do it for you.”

Having some problems getting the rom to work….I’m pretty sure I’m doing something wrong with the zip and renaming process as I’ve downloaded the LE rom from Sterns site, renamed it to twd_156h and I continue to get the can’t find rom error. I’m wondering if I either zip the bin file incorrectly or rename it incorrectly. I usually have this problem when I have to zip and rename the Stern roms. Can someone please give me a quick rundown on how to zip and rename the roms properly? I’m sure others would benefit from this as well.

Also where is the ddraw=0 setting located?

Thanks very much!

Edit: I just tested the rom found in Pinmame named twd_156h and it does run. Though when you see the version running on the DMD display

it shows the rom as being V1.56 with no h. But that makes sense am I thinking correctly here? The Rom on Sterns site did not have the h in it.

Mark70
      Participant
        @mark70

John you can find the ddaw=0 setting in the registry (Visual Pinmame -> ROM name).
        You can also change the default reg key to ddraw=0, so every new ROM will start then with the default value (ddraw=0).
        And also when deleting an “old” ddraw=1 reg key, it will start next time with the default value (ddraw=0).

BTW you can find the right ROM also on VPU…

1 user thanked author for this post.
        DJRobX
          @djrobx
          MemberModerator

I usually have this problem when I have to zip and rename the Stern roms

You usually can just download the file from Stern and rename their zip file, no need to re-zip.    VPM is smart enough to find the correct ROM inside a zip regardless of the filename inside, as long as the outer zip is named correctly.   It looks for a matching CRC.

If you can start the ROM in VPM test but it does not work on the table, it’s probably either the ddraw issue if you’re using exclusive fullscreen, or you’re running into the memory problem.    On my 32 bit VM I have to reboot almost every time to play this table.    VP uses over 2GB by itself before the ROM even goes to load, and then VPM needs a big block of memory to fit the ROM into.   Not a good combo.  It would work better if VPM loaded first, but that’s not the way VP works unfortunately.

I’m looking at some possible solutions, probably on the VP side.

sandroace
          Participant
            @sandroace

I’m using DT mode and keep getting this error. Line:1711 object doesn’t support this property or method: ‘Controller.B2SSetData’ Any help?

Johngreve
            Participant
              @johngreve

Thanks for the reply guys….still looking for the ddraw setting and am not finding it….
              This is where I am looking – Local Disk/Program Files/Visual Pinball/PinMame. Once I’m in the PinMane folder I should see another folder named “Rom Name”? I’m Not seeing anything named that. This is where my Rom folder and NVRam folders are located. I must be close…I feel like such a beginner yet at times.

DJRobX. Question you can maybe help me out with…I just posted this on the Code change thread on VPU as well.
              Whenever I install the latest versions of VPM(120616-2010 or 121616)in place of my existing version(102416b)my tables seem to load ok but I cannot launch them to play the table by hitting the start button. The tables just sit there when I hit the start button.Also the credit button doesn’t seem to add credits either. I have to go back and reinstall VPM ver 102416b over the latest versions for the tables to play. I am running the latest 10.2 ver2877 beta. I ran into this problem last week when I tried to get VPM 120616-2010 running so that I could take advantage of the modulating flashers on the Gilligans Island table. Couldn’t get that to work so anything you suggest I’d be most grateful for your help.
              Thanks guys….in the meantime I’ve got to find that ddraw setting….I have a suspicion that I may have run into the memory problem cause I could never get Frens version of this table to run either. I take that back it ran maybe 2-3 times then stopped working again. I tried all the usual suggestions to no avail.
              Also run into the similar Rom error when I try to get the AC/DC table to load….and like you say after a fresh reboot I can usually get that table to load…..but not again if I try it after a different table.
              Running Win7 32 bit 4 gigs of memory here.

Shadow
              Participant
                @shadowshd

For me v1.0 won’t run at all.

My specs : Intel Core i7-4770, GeForce 770 2 Gb, 16 Gb DDR3-1600, 240 Gb SSD, DMDST32, Windows 10 x64 1607, VPX/VPM/B2S up to date.

When I launch the table the B2S appears, the playfield appears static, no DMD showing up, then VPX auto-exits without any crash / error message.

If I test LE ROM in VPM Setup.exe it runs OK.

Tested in true FS and Windowed FS, did the ddraw=0 registry mod, did lower VPX video settings and have the same results.

Will try tomorrow morning with v1.1.

Anyway thank you for the hard work Dozer  :good:

RustyCardores
                  @rustycardores
                  MemberModerator

I still cant get the playfield LEDs to work. I have updated everything as per the guidelines and the table plays fine with no stutter, but no LEDs or crossbow.

If I disable the B2S the LEDs light, but the table is inactive.

Sorry if I’m making some sort of rookie mistake here, but I’m just not seeing it. (I blame this suckie cold if I am, I’m just not firing on all cylinders at the moment)

Arngrim
                  Participant
                    @arngrim
                    DOF MinisterMember

thanks Dozer for this high anticipated release, with acdc le and metallica le, this is my top 3 tables that i am waiting for a loooong time

here’s the 1.1 script with controller.vbs

http://pastebin.com/Cpqeuf5E

and the f32 has the bulb disabled in its light option, enabling it making the sol32 working, well i think that was just that that had to be activated, i see it flashing now

DOF config has been created :), so the old config will only work with the pro version and the le has its own config, because the playfield have slight differences, i didn’t have time to really play with the table yet but let me know if you see something wrong ;)

Flupper
                    Participant
                      @philippe

I think I have found a possible issue generator for those of you who cannot start of run this table properly. Probably by mistake, a primitive is included which has 141400 triangles. That is a lot of triangles. And it just is a very small metal thingy at the prison. If you want to test this: select “primitive220”, press “import mesh” and then this file:

https://mega.nz/#!oAZBBIKY!0DyaqWi_wuieWd199VCYMhSiDZWEP9vwjym1F__sGkc

I know it is on static rendering, but it might still use a lot of memory. I also disabled “reflect elements on playfield”, this increased my fps to ~100 fps (with 4xAA on, i have a core i5 and a GTX770).

If you just use FS then you might also want to delete these primitives:

Primitive316 (invisible apron)

Lockdown (lockbar, which is not visible in FS)

Pinbolt
                      Participant
                        @pinbolt

Thanks for the update.

RustyCardores
                          @rustycardores
                          MemberModerator

I still cant get the playfield LEDs to work. I have updated everything as per the guidelines and the table plays fine with no stutter, but no LEDs or crossbow. If I disable the B2S the LEDs light, but the table is inactive. Sorry if I’m making some sort of rookie mistake here, but I’m just not seeing it. (I blame this suckie cold if I am, I’m just not firing on all cylinders at the moment)

Woohoo!  I have them working.

In my “cold drugs induced stupor” of the last couple of days, I must have repacked the original twd_156 rom within the zip.  This allowed the table to work, but with missing features.  I’ve now repacked the zip with a fresh download of the game code and all is good. :)

Interesting to note though. While some people don’t rename the .bin file within the zip and have no problems, I have to run matching bin/zip names or it won’t work.

TNT2
                          Participant
                            @tnt2

Such a great table. Thanks to all involved.  :heart:

Is it me or when the crossbow is engaged is there a slight hint of a James Bond theme?

CarnyPriest
                            Participant
                              @carnypriest

Another data point

i5 3570k 3.4GHz, 8Gb DDR3 RAM

GTX 660 2Gb VRAM

Typically run true FS with 4K DSR downsampling and no AA. Ambient Occlusion and Anisotropic Filtering enabled. Ball reflection on playfield enabled. Ball trails disabled. Unlimited textures. VSync off

I can get the table to load and play (not consistently) if I go windowed FS, disable Anisotropic Filtering, and set max textures to 2048. Already tried replacing the Primitive220 mesh.

Using djrobx VPM build from 12/16.

This is the table that really puts your hardware to the test.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

I won’t be able to try 1.1 until Thursday. Interesting seeing how things run on people’s systems though.

********************************************************
                                Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                for IOS and Android

********************************************************

RustyCardores
                                  @rustycardores
                                  MemberModerator

Hmmm… my lowly old 2.8 Quadcore 4Gb RAM, GTX960 (not sure if it’s a 2gb or 4gb) runs this fine with AA on, VSync 1, MaxFrames 2, True FS, max Textures 3000(something) runs great graphics and without stutter even during multiball and active lighting.

I have applied Flupper’s suggestions, plus I am running with the light halo option OFF and Playfield Reflections Off.

This came as a surprise to me to be honest, as I had been chasing stutter on some of my old favourite tables over the last couple days (fixed them with the latest versions of everything) and I really expected this table to give my system grief.

MnHotRod
                                  Participant
                                    @mnhotrod

I was able to run the stock rom (twd156le.bin inside twd_156h.zip) just fine. In order to get the Cleland modified sound rom to run, the bin file had to be named twd_156h.bin. Odd? FYI – “Ignore CRC errors” was checked.

Interesting to note though. While some people don’t rename the .bin file within the zip and have no problems, I have to run matching bin/zip names or it won’t work.

-=Dozer=-
                                    Participant
                                      @dozer

Update coming before I have to bail for a while with massive optimizations – file size is now 1/2 what it was before. Many redundant textures removed and some optimized.

Paulo Carvalho
                                      Participant
                                        @paulohotline

Thanks Dozer, 1.1 is still crashing randomly on boot up. So this will be 1.2?

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                                        http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                                        "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Drybonz
                                        Participant
                                          @drybonz

Hey Paulo, in post 44205 of this thread, DJRobX gives us some info about the crash, and there is some previous discussion.  Related to VPM and memory (possibly) not to the table.

I may call you about it.    B-)

Paulo Carvalho
                                          Participant
                                            @paulohotline

Hey Paulo, in post 44205 of this thread, DJRobX gives us some info about the crash, and there is some previous discussion. Related to VPM and memory (possibly) not to the table. I may call you about it. B-)

Hey DB, since Mustang LE is working fine with the latest VPM 2.8 installed I am guessing this is related to optimization of the table in VPX. I had a similar crash occurring with the TWD VPX Pro version untill the table was substantially reduced in size and optimized then I had no issues loading it. I have an i7 Core 16GB RAM and an Nvidia 980 card so it should be able to handle any table I throw it, hopefully!

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                                            http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                                            "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 266 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?