The Walking Dead

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    Drybonz
    Participant
      @drybonz

Yeah, there are a bunch of people with adequate PC specs, myself included, that were getting that crash.  Dozer is uploading an optimized version, so we will see what happens.  DJRobX is the guy with the info, so make sure you check out his posts… beyond that I can’t help much.

-=Dozer=-
      Participant
        @dozer

Version 1.2 has been released – massive optimization so please read the changelog.

If this doesn’t solve the crash which we’re pretty confident is caused by VPM’s / VPX’s memory allocation then we’ll have to wait until DJRob whips up some magic.  The working set while this is running on my machine has reduced from about 2.2 GB to 1 GB so here’s hoping.  Some objects didn’t make the cut to reduce memory – the puppy and original well walker model were some of them.

Remember, these apps are 32 bit so they’re limited to around 3GB max and the simulator and VPM have to fit into the same memory space.  Anyway, give this version a go and hopefully it will resolve some issues for people who are having issues loading.

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Flupper
        Participant
          @philippe

Personally, I still think this table has a very high triangle count. With playfield reflections on, the F11 statistics say ~1500k triangles (I guess static and nonstatic). My own BK2K table has ~200k triangles and also has a lot of big textures (playfield is 2048x4k for instance), without any loading issues as far as I know. It is not easy to find out which objects have the biggest impact, I stumbled on primitive220 by clicking around and see if an object took a long time to display the properties (good indication of a high poly count). My own ramps are quite big and all the zombie heads as well, but they are quite visible and big.

something else: for those of you who want to have more shiny ramps, use “twdenviroment” as the environment  map, with environment emissission scale reduced from 60 to 3. This also affects the ball btw, so you might want to choose a different texture for the ball.

@Dozer
          : don’t know if you missed it or do not want to use it, but I also sent you an updated texture for the prison zombie in my WIP. Your choice of course.

Paulo Carvalho
          Participant
            @paulohotline

Thanks Dozer, ver 1.2 is working fine, launching from PinballX and using Cleland LE modified Rom. Plays fast and smooth, thanks!

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
            http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
            "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Shadow
            Participant
              @shadowshd

Thanks Sir, v1.2 runs fine on my cab  :good:

-=Dozer=-
              Participant
                @dozer

Yo Flupper, I didn’t see the updated prison walker texture which was a bummer because I wasn’t happy with the current one.  I will put it in a future update when I get back from this house move. ugh!

I ended up using a different env map because with some original lighting I had used the ball was impossible to see during some modes.

At any rate, hopefully this version will tide everyone over until after the holidays.

-=Dozer=-
                Participant
                  @dozer

Sorry folks, Flupper’s prison walker image had to go in.

1.3 is up – this will be the last update for a while.

Dozer.

TerryRed
                    @terryred
                    MemberContributorModerator

Thanks Dozer, ver 1.2 is working fine, launching from PinballX and using Cleland LE modified Rom. Plays fast and smooth, thanks!

Are you using that modified rom with normal VPinMAME on a monitor? I downloaded it, and renamed it the same as the normal bin,etc…. but it gives me errors when I try using that. Am I supposed to do anything special to get that (or any other modded roms) to work?

RustyCardores
                      @rustycardores
                      MemberModerator

Are you using that modified rom with normal VPinMAME on a monitor? I downloaded it, and renamed it the same as the normal bin,etc…. but it gives me errors when I try using that. Am I supposed to do anything special to get that (or any other modded roms) to work?

I’m using it as twd_156h.bin inside twd_156h.zip

My system has always been like that though… I have always had to have matching bin-zips, while some others do not??

RustyCardores
                        @rustycardores
                        MemberModerator

Thanks for the awesome work on this table. No errors and it’s playing fantastic for me with playfield reflections off.  Turn them on and I get a little stutter, but that is normal for my system with intense tables.

The only problem I have with this table, is the same as all other Sterns and that is the pathetic little “Toink” sound that they use for replay. It’s so lame! lol

senseless
                        Participant
                          @senseless

Excellent work Dozer on the optimizing of the table. The 1.3 version runs butter smooth without any issues with all options on. I was at the verge of doing a complete rebuild of my cab just to get everything running in 64 bit to see if this would address the memory issues but luckily you saved the day (and half a day of installing and configuring and swearing)!

I played around with all the graphics settings and actually came to the conclusion that the best visuals in VPX on my cab are to set the nvidia 3d configuration in enhanced application mode and vpx in optimal setting. No stuttering at all in native full screen :). For the ones interested see attached the effects of the settings and the config of the optimal settings. System config is Win 8 32bit, i5, 4GB, GTX 970.

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

I’m experiencing a whole different thing with 1.3. All was ok from the start for me, 1.0 ran ok. I saw 1.1 and added the angrim script and flupper texture. Didn’t notice anything had changed. 1.3 – whole different ballgame. The ball studders around the screen. Restarted twice between the 1.1 and the 1.3. Happened every time.

Not a problem for me – just reporting. Oh. Currently in full-screen windowed 1080p.

Haven’t given 1.2 a go yet. Just tell me if that is of any interest.

Super impressive job you guys – must have played 60++ rounds.

-=Dozer=-
                            Participant
                              @dozer

Good to hear it’s loading ok for most people.  Every version has run fine on my dev pc and one of my cabinets.  Tried the earlier versions tonight on a mini cab I have and no load at all, not even once.  1.2 and 1.3 however load fine and haven’t bombed during 10 or so restarts. Will revisit it in the new year and add a couple of other things once some new resources come in.  Happy Christmas to those who celebrate it and have a safe and happy New Year.

6 users thanked author for this post.
                              Drybonz
                              Participant
                                @drybonz

Thanks again, Dozer.    :-)

bent98
                                Participant
                                  @bent98

Awesome job! Really enjoying this table. Is there a new b2s backglass for this?

Nemo
                                  Participant
                                    @nemo

Whoohoo ! This thing plays good, darkened room is ideal, volume way up ! Playing 1.3 on 4k, no problems at all.

Thanks all involved !

TerryRed
                                      @terryred
                                      MemberContributorModerator

I’m using it as twd_156h.bin inside twd_156h.zip My system has always been like that though… I have always had to have matching bin-zips, while some others do not??

Thanks…that’s what I needed to know. Now it works great!   So much better with custom sound and music.

For me, I find that 1.1 and 1.2 run much better than 1.3.   I always get a “little” bit of stutter with 1.3, but the others run silky smooth.

Fantastic table.

takut
                                      Participant
                                        @takut
                                        MemberContributor

The update 1.3 is perfect, plays very good and looks perfect. Thanks for sharing  :good:

Ray
                                        Participant
                                          @vpfan

Major thanks to all contributors, Fren’s TWD Pro was/still is one of my favorites on cab.  This obviously builds on that is a great release.  Props to all involved.

I initially had the missing GI issues, found I was a couple beta/release versions behind on VPN, B2S, and VPx.  After upgrading all of those, the GI/lighting is solid, but I notice the drop targets on this table are missing now.  Just an empty slot in the table where they should be protruding.

99% sure there were present before, anyone run into that?  I’m guessing I must have missed something with the software upgrades, will go back and take a look at that.

Ray
                                          Participant
                                            @vpfan

So I rolled back versions, no change w/ the drops.  Back to current on all now.  v 1.3 of the table.

And to clarify, the drops are invisible, but still seem to function and light dead features when all would have been dropped.

I realized it actually seems to be linked with playfield reflections.  With that off, the drops disappear.  And I notice that with reflections on, I may only be seeing some kind of quasi reflection version of the drops.  I can’t take a screenshot from my cab too well, but the effect makes it look like the drops are not actually at the right height on the playfield, again, might just be the reflections of the drops but I can see what looks like the top of them in the slot in the playfield.

Surely I’m not the only one seeing this behavior?

Edit – Perhaps the drops disappearing with reflections off is unique to me, but when I look at screenshots here in the thread it looks to me like the drops are not appearing correctly for others too.  If you take a look at them it again looks like the height isn’t right on the drops, and you’re seeing through part of the playfield to view the faces, or they are some kind of reflected artifact or something.  Just me?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 266 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?