The Walking Dead

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    DJRobX
      @djrobx
      MemberModerator

when I tried playing some normal VPX tables….not newer version…some of the flashers seem to not fully light up and are VERY dim. Medieval Madness as an example, whereas the new “X” version works fine with PWM flashers.

If PWM flashers are used in DOF, there will be “NoBool” hints in the config that tell it that it is looking for a 0-255 value, instead of 0-1.   But the “classic” boolean method sends 1, and DOF responds by lighting the light very dim.  DOF config tool only has one table config per ROM, there’s no way to support both in one profile.

The simplest fix is to add Const UseVPMModSol=1 in the old table’s script.   You also have to ensure “vpmInit Me” is in the table init routine.  You don’t have to further modify it (it will continue to light the flashers in the original boolean way), but that flag will cause VPM to  send the full range of signals to DOF.

An alternate fix for people terrified of altering VP scripts, is just removing “NoBool’ from all the places it’s used in the DOF profile, if they’re sure they’re going to use the old table.  The new table would still work also, your physical flashers just wouldn’t have the matching fading effect.

newjersey
      Participant
        @newjersey

thank you, all involved.
        it is working for my CAB, but with the cleveland rom (i do believe that is a pro rom)
        should i still download the LE rom from Stern site? am i missing features now, like this?
        i mean it is working just fine, right now, also happy new year, everyone :)

Jesperpark
        Participant
          @jesperpark

thank you, all involved. it is working for my CAB, but with the cleveland rom (i do believe that is a pro rom) should i still download the LE rom from Stern site? am i missing features now, like this? i mean it is working just fine, right now, also happy new year, everyone :)

Cleland released 2 versions, 1 is LE/Premium the second is the pro version.  Make sure you have the correct version and you are good to go.  If you read back there are a few other versions by others as well if you want change

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/12

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

here. @terryred just copy 156 to 156h in your .30 ini :) twd_156,S9 Red @flshemulo@ L0/S27 Red @flshemulo@ L1/S28 Red @flshemulo@ L2/W41 Red f200 @flshemulo@ L3/S13 Lawn_green @flshemuli@ L0/S25 White @flshemuli@ L1/S26 Red @flshemuli@ L2/S32 Red @flshemuli@ L3/W47 Red f200 @flshemuli@ L4/S10 Red @flshemuc@ L0/S21 White Blink 50 @flshemuc@ L1/W12 Yellow f200 @flshemuc@ L2/W36 White f200 @flshemuc@ L3/S14 Lawn_green @flshemuri@ L0/S19 Red @flshemuri@ L1/S25 White @flshemuri@ L2/W13 Yellow f200 @flshemuri@ L3/W37 White f200 @flshemuri@ L4/S11 Red @flshemuro@ L0/S27 Red @flshemuro@ L1/S29 Red @flshemuro@ L2/W39 Gray f200 @flshemuro@ L3///S2 @strblft@ 300 L0/S24 @strblft@ 300 L1/S21 @strblft@ 250 5 L2/W3 @strblft@ 250 5 L3/W35 @strblft@ 500 10 L4/W42 @strblft@ 500 10 L5/S2 @strbrgt@ 300 L0/S24 @strbrgt@ 300 L1/S21 @strbrgt@ 250 5 L2/W3 @strbrgt@ 250 5 L3/W35 @strbrgt@ 500 10 L4/W42 @strbrgt@ 500 10 L5,S11 Red AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L0/S27 Red AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L1/S29 Red AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L2/W39 Gray f200 AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L3/W23 Steel_blue AT85 AH15 AFDEN40 AFMIN100 AFMAX160,0,0,0,S9 Red AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L0/S27 Red AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L1/S28 Red AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L2/W41 Red f200 AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L3 twd_156h,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

Finally got around to getting this to work….worked great. Thank you.

Now, I’m understanding that file some more.  I’m trying to use letters for the 5 flasher bar….and they work incredibly well.  You can have DEAD!  spelled across the back matrix for this table for example for your 5 flashers….and my default right now is *RED*….  silly, but cool looking!

Any chance you still have the animated effects for addressable leds for Star Trek (Stern).   I used to be able get those effects before with the older PM5 Pro table, but I think I lost your config that had those when my SSD died.  I’ve copied over the config from the DOFConfigTool, and it works fine for the addressable leds for the LE version, but it doesn’t have the really cool animated effects like your previous config….it just has the 5 flasher emulation.

Perhaps…..could I just get a copy of your most up to date  *30 file?

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

sure. i will up it here in a bit!

PM sent

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

Al
              Participant
                @alandee

So I seem to be the only one who is experiencing the following on this awesome table ..

When it runs it’s fine, with no ball stutter etc, but the DMD and DMD sequences are s l o w .. so slow in fact that the ball just sits where it is while the scores are updated and things, then when it resumes normal gameplay it’s fine .. but the DMD is really laggy .. ? any thoughts anyone ?

Also the ball dissapears into the crossbow never to be seen again, the table goes through it’s lost ball routines .. :(

plays real well though nil stutter etc up to that point or when the dmd decides to go for a nap ..

Cheers,

al.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Umpa
                Participant
                  @umpa

So I seem to be the only one who is experiencing the following on this awesome table ..

When it runs it’s fine, with no ball stutter etc, but the DMD and DMD sequences are s l o w .. so slow in fact that the ball just sits where it is while the scores are updated and things, then when it resumes normal gameplay it’s fine .. but the DMD is really laggy .. ? any thoughts anyone ?

Also the ball dissapears into the crossbow never to be seen again, the table goes through it’s lost ball routines .. :(

plays real well though nil stutter etc up to that point or when the dmd decides to go for a nap ..

Cheers,

al.

I had this issue need to update to latest VPM version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Al
                  Participant
                    @alandee

Thanks @Umpa, I thought I had, but obviously I’ve overlooked something :) I’ll tackle it tonight !

Cheers,

al.

Dark
                      @dark
                      vipMemberContributor

So I seem to be the only one who is experiencing the following on this awesome table .. When it runs it’s fine, with no ball stutter etc, but the DMD and DMD sequences are s l o w .. so slow in fact that the ball just sits where it is while the scores are updated and things, then when it resumes normal gameplay it’s fine .. but the DMD is really laggy .. ? any thoughts anyone ? Also the ball dissapears into the crossbow never to be seen again, the table goes through it’s lost ball routines .. :( plays real well though nil stutter etc up to that point or when the dmd decides to go for a nap .. Cheers, al.

I get this too, not a lot of ball stutter but it’s like vpinmame itself is lagging…..SAM emulation has always been kind of buggy and LE implementation is still really new.

3dcreation

facelift
                      Participant
                        @facelift

I can’t figure out what button is used to fire the crossbow!   please help :)

TerryRed
                          @terryred
                          MemberContributorModerator

I can’t figure out what button is used to fire the crossbow! please help :)

One of the magna saves (2nd flipper buttons) fires the crossbow. Same with Star Trek LE. I wish VP would allow for a dedicated FIRE button.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

you can configure any button in script

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Al
                            Participant
                              @alandee

When it runs it’s fine, with no ball stutter etc, but the DMD and DMD sequences are s l o w

I had this issue need to update to latest VPM version.

I get this too, not a lot of ball stutter but it’s like vpinmame itself is lagging

So I updated to latest VPM and the table plays amazingly. Thanks for the heads up @umpa , it’s getting hard to keep on top of the latest at the moment :) @Dark the VPM I used was per description : http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2687-code-change-to-enable-sam-le-driver-board-support/ first part of @DJRobX post. VPM Dated 17/12/2016 or 12/17/2016 depending on your locale :) .. Gameplay is seriously awesome now, and this table has become a massive fave !

Cheers,

al.

DJRobX
                                @djrobx
                                MemberModerator

I get this too, not a lot of ball stutter but it’s like vpinmame itself is lagging…..SAM emulation has always been kind of buggy and LE implementation is still really new.

What he was describing is what happens when you run new LE games on old VPM that doesn’t support the serial port the LE games use to send lights.   The game code pauses for a while every frame, waiting for the serial port to become available.

Modern VPMs should not lag on a modern machine.      SAM emulation is quite solid now.    The only issue remaining that I’m aware of is crashing at table startup, typically due to memory fragmentation.    If you’re having other issues you should report them.

Dark
                                  @dark
                                  vipMemberContributor

What he was describing is what happens when you run new LE games on old VPM that doesn’t support the serial port the LE games use to send lights. The game code pauses for a while every frame, waiting for the serial port to become available. Modern VPMs should not lag on a modern machine. SAM emulation is quite solid now. The only issue remaining that I’m aware of is crashing at table startup, typically due to memory fragmentation. If you’re having other issues you should report them.

Thanks for the updates and clarifying the matter.

3dcreation

vogliadicane
                                  Participant
                                    @vogliadicane

This is my absolute favorite with respect to lighting! It’s absolutely stunning and soooo cool for the overall athmosphere! Great work here! :good:

Anyways, what I didn’t like, was the coloring of the physical flashers via DOF. the plain red, yellow and so doesn’t fit to the subtile colors on the LE table, so I changed them to the colors used at the table (purple, light blue) and now it is absolutely consistent and fits perfectly! My code is this one:

twd_156h,S15,S16,S13/S51,S1/S2/S14/S51,S9/S12/S56 60/S56 60 Invert/W9|W10|W11 @t@,S10/S52|S53 @dt@/W38 @t@/W48 @dt@,S11/W44|W45 @t@,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,S9 Dark_magenta/S13 Medium_aqua_marine/S28 Dark_magenta nobool/S31 White nobool/W41 Dark_magenta f200,S25 Medium_aqua_marine nobool/S27 Dark_magenta nobool/S32 White nobool,S11 Dark_magenta/S19 Dark_magenta nobool/S26 Dark_magenta nobool,S25 Medium_aqua_marine nobool/S27 Dark_magenta nobool/W12 Medium_aqua_marine f200/W36 White f200,S10 Dark_magenta/S14 Medium_aqua_marine/S20 Blue nobool/S29 Dark_magenta nobool/W13 Medium_aqua_marine f200/W37 White f200/W39 Dark_magenta f200

To finalize the overall look I also made a ball with these colors (subtile) now it’s perfect!

Edit: P.S. the undercab colors do already fit perfectly to the LE version to my opinion, so why not change the ones for flashers too? I’ll suggest it for an official version for the LE ROM :)

Dark
                                      @dark
                                      vipMemberContributor

Okay folks things are wrapping up for me on this project, I’ve sent everything over to Dozer and provided he’s happy with everything you should expect an update within the not too distant future.  Update will include 3 new Fish Tank head models with custom flasher texture swaps (seen featured in ‘Projects’ on this site check ’em out if you haven’t yet).  Also will include the option to use the authentic bicycle girl head instead of the one I’d made previously as well as optimised left ramp, the left ramp has very little visual difference but has had a significant reduction in face count.

I looked at all the model stats and I actually exceeded my estimate, the table has had 107670 triangulated faces optimised/removed minus 982 faces or 1332 faces depending on which bicycle girl you choose.

This will hopefully provide at least a small performance boost.

3dcreation

TNT2
                                      Participant
                                        @tnt2

Awesome.

DJRobX
                                          @djrobx
                                          MemberModerator

Awesome!    The existing table is pretty sweet, love to see the continued refinement of it!

Curious to see how the texture swap flasher works.    Thanks for all the work you guys have put into this!

Al
                                          Participant
                                            @alandee

This table is so much fun ! But after Carnys intro to sounds, I thought I’d try and change the rom to the Millhouse or one of the other alternate roms to see what it’s all about.

It was following that decision I realised i’m still a very green newb. …

So I get a cGamename error at startup. I’ve renamed the rom zip file and remaned it in the script at cGameName I want in the script, it matches the name of the zipped rom in the roms folder twd_156le and the rom inside is named  TWD156LE.bin .. I assumed it would work having ticked those boxes, but there is something else to do or I can no longer manage the basics and basically need to go into care .. ?? . :)

Please point out my foolishness .

Cheeers,

al.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 266 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?