The Walking Dead (ICPjuggla & freneticamnesic) wip

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    ICPjuggla
      @icpjuggla
      MembervipModerator

I talked to @randr a wile back about modeling us the fish tank and heads. I think if I recal he said he could make it happen.. :-)

I’ve got some really nice pictures, I’ll get them up in Dropbox sometime this weekend. :-)

Northvibe
      Participant
        @northvibe

I talked to @randr a wile back about modeling us the fish tank and heads. I think if I recal he said he could make it happen.. :-)

I’ve got some really nice pictures, I’ll get them up in Dropbox sometime this weekend. :-)

Does Randr have a 3d modeling scanner thinger?

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

I do have a 3d scanner yes if I had “toys” I could scan them

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Paulo Carvalho
          Participant
            @paulohotline

Randr has all the best toys! And if he doesn’t he just builds them from scratch :)

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
            http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
            "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Northvibe
            Participant
              @northvibe

I do have a 3d scanner yes if I had “toys” I could scan them

Ohhhhh..mmmmmmm :)

Paulo Carvalho
              Participant
                @paulohotline

Latest TWD code update for ver 1.56 which is now supported by VPINMAME:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/download/2480-vpinmame-sampindmd-1-and-2unity-unified-version/

Here are Cleland’s new links for The Walking Dead sound replacement code for ver 1.56.
                Enjoy this great game!
                LE/Premium
                https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD156LE_CLELAND.BIN
                Pro
                https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD156_CLELAND.BIN

"Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

really
                Participant
                  @st3rn

Stumbled onto the website and love what I’m seeing here, great work guys can’t wait to play this on my cab. Have the actual machine about 15 mins from my house but they have it set to a dollar a play and that adds up quick,

We have the TWD pin down at the local bowling alley, it sucks. Has a bigger hole than a hooker, talk about a drain table. The table looks cool and all but the pin itself has no flow. Plus at $2.00 for 3 plays, pfft. I’ll stick with the new Kiss table, now that pin rocks, LOL. The Walking Dead in the middle, Kiss a couple of pins to the left and to the right of TWD you get Game of Thrones, that pin sucks too, at least they have Tommy. AC/DC over at the other bowling alley, plus The Wizard of OZ. I would go down to the punk bar and play Elvis or Metallica, except Elvis has a messed up flipper and they rebanded the Metallica and Star Trek table and now all three suck, geesh. Nice to have many tables in the area though, I figure between the three places there are about 60 pins.

Paulo Carvalho
                  Participant
                    @paulohotline

That’s what I love about pinball, different themes appeal to different players. TWD is not an easy PIN, it’s actually very hard, and pisses off allot of people. I believe in the home environment, where having 3 minute games is no big deal, it will be appreciated as a unique game. I still cannot get to hoard mode very often, but when I do, it sure does feel like an accomplishment. Knowing the rules and having tactics in mind before you drop your cash into the PIN is a good idea, since random shooting will get you no where in this one.

Have not tried Game of Thrones yet, but from what I have seen in the live streams, it looks like it may be the next pin to enter my collection provided of course I find a buyer for my StarTrek Pro as my wife has capped my collection at 4 pins :)

ICPjuggla
                      @icpjuggla
                      MembervipModerator

Stumbled onto the website and love what I’m seeing here, great work guys can’t wait to play this on my cab. Have the actual machine about 15 mins from my house but they have it set to a dollar a play and that adds up quick,

We have the TWD pin down at the local bowling alley, it sucks. Has a bigger hole than a hooker, talk about a drain table. The table looks cool and all but the pin itself has no flow. Plus at $2.00 for 3 plays, pfft. I’ll stick with the new Kiss table, now that pin rocks, LOL. The Walking Dead in the middle, Kiss a couple of pins to the left and to the right of TWD you get Game of Thrones, that pin sucks too, at least they have Tommy. AC/DC over at the other bowling alley, plus The Wizard of OZ. I would go down to the punk bar and play Elvis or Metallica, except Elvis has a messed up flipper and they rebanded the Metallica and Star Trek table and now all three suck, geesh. Nice to have many tables in the area though, I figure between the three places there are about 60 pins.

I totally disagree here. TWD is a great pin and a boat load of fun although it is frustrating witch I think makes this pin so exiting. I’ve played Kiss and for me personally it’s not fun at all. Just my opinion though. Having played both and if given the option to own one I’d pick TWD everyday of the week… Much more fun and rewarding when you do well on it than boring Kiss.

Vampirolatino2
                      Participant
                        @vampirolatino2

I like TWD more than the music based theme pins, don’t know but these last stern music themed pins have a lot of emphasis on the music and the player immersion with sounds and queues is lost a little. You just playing with a music box.

But then again, this is just my opinion on the matter. At the end, “it’s just a ball with flippers” -George Gomez (2015)
                        B-)

freneticamnesic
                          @freneticamnesic
                          vipModeratorMember

I like Metallica, where I usually play it they have the volume turned way down so you hardly know what song is playing, then it’s just a pinball game (and a very good one)
                          TWD is good but I forever loathe the mid-playfield bash toys. Xmen, TWD etc

Punch it!

really
                          Participant
                            @st3rn

To each his own. I just think that the Kiss table has more flow, like the Metallica table. I also think that the owner has TWD set up to drain, could be me but I would have to play another TWD pin to know for sure. ICP and Vamp, if the VP TWD comes out I’m sure I’ll play over and over, but never again on the real pin, it’s a money sucker. To Fren, yeah, the one place that I play Metallica, they have the music turned way down too and the table lights are turned way down, making it hard to see. The other place with the Metallica table, the guy redid the rubbers, now it’s like playing super pinball, so fast you can’t even blink. Many ways people can ruin a good pin.

I click my heels and go play The Wizard of OZ this week. This is another table that looks cool but has complete overkill for one table and few lanes. Plus it’s annother one where the owner has the sound and lights turned way down on the pin.

Too bad they never finished Pinball Zombies from beyond the grave, makes me wonder if Rob Zombie’s Spookshow International pinball will ever be a reality?

Fren: the AMH pin is freezing at the end again before the match score. What I thought I fixed, isn’t fixed, any ideas?

Wish I could play the real Kingpin by Capcom.

really
                            Participant
                              @st3rn

ICP or fren, any idea for a release date yet? Can we play the WIP?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

ICPjuggla
                                @icpjuggla
                                MembervipModerator

Right now I’m on a break until my real job calms down! I’ve been working 60-70 hours a week the past two weeks and still have two to go at that rate.. My VP time has been none all month, by the time I get home from work I’m either too tired or have family things to do for the holidays. I don’t like sharing wips until the table is done. Sorry!

We’ll get it done though sometime next year.

freneticamnesic
                                  @freneticamnesic
                                  vipModeratorMember

Here’s another teaser for all the seeing impaired who think all my tables are too dark.

Punch it!

Attachments:
                                  TNT2
                                  Participant
                                    @tnt2

Sweet. Looks great.

James K
                                    Participant
                                      @hiljak

Looks fantastic! I think the dark table is the way to go. Much more realistic looking. Your Sopranos is the perfect “darkness” for my liking.

rocknroll
                                      Participant
                                        @rocknroll

Looks fantastic! I think the dark table is the way to go. Much more realistic looking. Your Sopranos is the perfect “darkness” for my liking.

That’s the great thing with VP10, if you don’t like the lighting you can change it. I know Fren uploads dark tables and I don’t really prefer them that dark but in a snap my problem is solved and the table actually looks much better to me. It all depends on the lighting in the room you play the table in I guess.

freneticamnesic
                                          @freneticamnesic
                                          vipModeratorMember

That’s the great thing with VP10, if you don’t like the lighting you can change it. I know Fren uploads dark tables and I don’t really prefer them that dark but in a snap my problem is solved and the table actually looks much better to me. It all depends on the lighting in the room you play the table in I guess.

exactly! There’s a built in feature, there’s a slider that you can adjust. Here’s the thing, I know everyone’s tastes are different, and everyone’s monitors are different, so the way a table looks to me is not the same way the table looks to you. And if we do happen to see the table the same way, you may still prefer it a bit brighter. I have no problem with that, all of this is open, anyone can tinker with it. I can’t believe the nerds on VPF complaining that one of my tables is too dark. It’s not a new thing to me, going back to my 2nd table people were complaining about this stuff. Dark balls, they’d say. Phooey. And complaining like I actually need to change the table! People man, I can’t..

Punch it!

Sliderpoint
                                          Participant
                                            @sliderpoint
                                            MemberContributor

Just make sure the LED lighting is bright as fuck, almost hard to look at. At least that was my impression on the real one I’ve played. Although it was sandwiched between an LOTR and an IJ, so it could have just been by comparison is was that way.

-Mike

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 179 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?