The Walking Dead LE Hanibals 4k Blood Mod

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Hanibal
    Participant
      @darklord

http://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=52580

Blood Mod of the very nice table from Dozer, and tx for the permission to mod.

I have changed this things:

– new Hires playfield

– new apron

– new physics

– new sounds

– new animation

– new lights

Have fun and enjoy

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Before I’ve tried this table – I have a big question mark about change to the physics. Well, guess I have to see.

Hanibal
        Participant
          @darklord

I play this table on a business in Dubai and I liked it.

I think it is very close to the original now, with the same difficult  ;-)

ICPjuggla
            @icpjuggla
            MembervipModerator

Way to not give credit to the pro version authors which dozers LE was built from! It feels like a slap in the face!

robwaade
            Participant
              @robwaade

played it its very good as is dozers and versions before they all rock :yahoo:

fisch
              Participant
                @fisch

link no working  :unsure:

Can you tell a new one?   :yes:

Laylow
                Participant
                  @pinlow
                  MemberContributor
                  Dark
                    @dark
                    vipMemberContributor

Permission to mod from most recent author clearly makes it okay to shed all the other credits that got it to where it is today.

Although I’ve given blanket permission to mod/use any models I’ve made, I’ve clearly stated before that using any of my models without credit is basically using them without permission.

3dcreation

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    robwaade
                    Participant
                      @robwaade

maybe didnt realize whats needed to keep everybody happy with credits due. everyone does an awesome job creating tables and everyone deserves their contributions being credited dark your stuff is awesome maybe after your post he will do it better next time using your stuff or other peoples :bye:

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Its not the first time I can assure you.

markrock76
                        Participant
                          @markrock76

Can’t wait for the Gilligan’s Island Blood Mod.

Just kidding.  But would love to see this time and effort put in to a new table instead of a mod of an already great table.   Just at least give credit where credit is due.

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

Don’t get me wrong. I think this mod is fine. Both looks and plays well. I’m not 100% sure about the physics changes, but, well – its a mod, so I guess he is entitled to change that as well.

This time he did after all ask Dozer. It has happened before that he hasn’t asked anyone and I believe there are a few guys that very understandable feels a bit pissed off about it. For what I’ve seen, he would be perfectly fine if only he put some credits … like you say where credit is due.

Dozer did it on his release. And maybe he thought that was enough. I don’t know. I don’t have the skill yet to do these kind of mods. But, if I did, I would try to investigate and give credit for the guys that have worked on the table before. Some tables go way back to VP8 ( maybe even further back ? ) with code re-use. You often see the more senior authors out the give credits to scapino, JP, eala etc …

ozg
                            Participant
                              @netweight

I’ve never see anyone thanking Stern, Bally, Gottlieb and the other manufactures or pinball designers like Pat Lawlor etc. for all of the hard work, plus the fact that we’re all stealing their products and copyrighted material, so pfft with the credit or crying IMO.

Hanibal
                              Participant
                                @darklord

Hello together,

if somebody is missing in the Autors list please send me your name, I will add them.

I have just copy the Autors list from dozer, because I don’t know all of them…

Greetings

ICPjuggla
                                  @icpjuggla
                                  MembervipModerator

Listen I don’t have a problem with the mod.

The problem here is not giving credit where credit is due. If your going to take the time to mod a table, you can’t take 5 min. to follow where the table originated from? Like I said it’s a slap in the face and blatant disrespect in my opinion. Or it’s just laziness. Either way if proper credit was given this wouldn’t even be a discussion. If you want to put out mods maybe spend some time doing a little leg work with your release notes!

ozg
                                  Participant
                                    @netweight

Listen I don’t have a problem with the mod. The problem here is not giving credit where credit is due. If your going to take the time to mod a table, you can’t take 5 min. to follow where the table originated from? Like I said it’s a slap in the face and blatant disrespect in my opinion. Or it’s just laziness. Either way if proper credit was given this wouldn’t even be a discussion. If you want to put out mods maybe spend some time doing a little leg work with your release notes!

I understand, but maybe he didn’t do his research to know that it was a table, of a previous table, of a previous physmod5 table and so on. It takes months to do these pins and maybe a year. I have the utmost respect for the people who do the work or I wouldn’t get to enjoy playing these machines almost every day or not at all and that would suck.

Dark
                                      @dark
                                      vipMemberContributor

I’ve never see anyone thanking Stern, Bally, Gottlieb and the other manufactures or pinball designers like Pat Lawlor etc. for all of the hard work, plus the fact that we’re all stealing their products and copyrighted material, so pfft with the credit or crying IMO.

If they were here to thank I’d be sure to thank them until then, go fuck yourself.  Maybe if you ever contributed anything you might have some understanding of the hard work put in here and it’s not like I’m not fair about it, I give blanket permission just fucking credit me is that so much to ask for?

Pffftt to you asshole.

3dcreation

Dark
                                        @dark
                                        vipMemberContributor

Hello together, if somebody is missing in the Autors list please send me your name, I will add them. I have just copy the Autors list from dozer, because I don’t know all of them… Greetings

Just take the credits from his release and add them to yours, no research required.

3dcreation

ozg
                                        Participant
                                          @netweight

If they were here to thank I’d be sure to thank them until then, go fuck yourself. Maybe if you ever contributed anything you might have some understanding of the hard work put in here and it’s not like I’m not fair about it, I give blanket permission just fucking credit me is that so much to ask for? Pffftt to you asshole.

Really, name calling.

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

IMO. Sorry to say – you deserved it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?