The Walking Dead LE

• This topic has 154 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by randr.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Ummm. Lmao!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
        @freneticamnesic
        vipModeratorMember

Looking for a photoshop/gimp gifted TWD fascinated pinballer: This table really could you use a highres updated playfield image, the current one is 1024×2048 and a bit blurry. Today I found this site: http://www.victor.fi/kuvat/Fliput/TWD/hires/html/index.html It has really higres images, which you could base a new playfield image on, especially this one: http://www.victor.fi/kuvat/Fliput/TWD/hires/html/pages/image/imagepage30.html Anyone willing to do this? Don’t know how long this site will be up, never saw this before… It is hosted on a site of a badminton club.

I think the source playfield image we used is higher resolution – I actually used the LE playfield in my TWD pro build because it was all that was available.

Before that, gtxjoe and I used the image you posted (the Stern promotional image) in our TWD PM5 build

I just went into my WIP folder to grab the source playfield image I had and the folder is corrupted. fml

Punch it!

ICPjuggla
          @icpjuggla
          MembervipModerator

Hmmmmm, I might still have it! Was it the pf we started the table with fren I still have all of our old wips when I started the build.

-=Dozer=-
          Participant
            @dozer

Ok a couple of things folks, the playfield image in that build I sent Flupper has been reduced to 1/2 res because there was an issue on my cabinet with the original pro table and what appeared to be the 2048×2048 textures used in the original build.  I just remembered this after reading Flupper’s post.  Whenever I launched this table there was a 1 in 2 chance that the table would crash vpinmame.  I noticed that it would often use close to 4gb of memory when running so I batch converted those textures down and it fixed the crash completely.   This was the version that I sent to Flupper, so the original build by Fren and ICP has a playfield image twice the res.    I’m not sure why this fixed the crash because those textures are at max around 6mb but it seems to have something to do with the way VPX allocates memory or something?

Dark, I believe the toy is just the head poking up through the playfield.  Out of those two reference images I sent in our PM’s the first one “pic230235” contains an image of the actual toy and the 2nd one with the bust was the only reference image I could find for the face.  When I saw your model in the follow up post I noticed the bust but thought I would just position it with a – z value to hide the bust below the playfield and maybe add a mod which pops her up a bit when it.   Sorry for the misunderstanding here.

Dark
              @dark
              vipMemberContributor

No big deal really, I just chop the head off the low poly version and use that for final, just sucks working with minimal resources.

3dcreation

freneticamnesic
                @freneticamnesic
                vipModeratorMember

No big deal really, I just chop the head off the low poly version and use that for final, just sucks working with minimal resources.

that’s how you take care of zombies!

Punch it!

Flupper
                Participant
                  @philippe

I don’t think the texture size is the issue with this table. I remember when working on Fren’s original, it crashed very often for me and the current LE WIP still does that. Sometimes I can edit and restart 10 times, with some changes (just a texture swap for instance) it crashes on first launch.
                  The texture size should not really matter: on BK2K I used 4 textures with 2048×4405 resolution, 9 textures with 2048×2048 resolution,  and 30 textures 1024×1024 res; and it never crashed on me during editing. There is a big difference between these two tables: BK2K has 200k triangles, TWD has 1200k triangles, but I am not sure that is the issue, since it performs really well.

About the playfield image: Fren, are you sure that your original playfield was based on the same sized LE image as in my link? I have never before seen such a highres version (3906 x 6949 resolution). Also in the released version, the playfield res is 1024×2048.

ICPjuggla
                    @icpjuggla
                    MembervipModerator

Reducing the texture size fixed all crashes I was getting too, we never released a reduced texture table. I just did it on my personal copy for my cab. Since reducing the textures it hasn’t crashed once on me.

Flupper
                    Participant
                      @philippe

Finished the new left LE ramp, the lift ramp and made new textures for all the other transparent ramps. Also shadowed the zombies and added playfield shadows. Hope you like a gloomy pinball table… :-)

screenshot07
                      screenshot08

3 users thanked author for this post.
                      freneticamnesic
                        @freneticamnesic
                        vipModeratorMember

What an improvement very cool

Punch it!

Pinbolt
                        Participant
                          @pinbolt

Fantastic.

TNT2
                          Participant
                            @tnt2

Dumb question. What does “baked” textures mean in this context?

freneticamnesic
                              @freneticamnesic
                              vipModeratorMember

When you render things in your 3d modeling program you have a lot of environment control, shadows and the way light plays off of other objects “realistically” – you don’t really get this control in VP. So if you “bake” the effects into the textures created in your 3d modeling software, you can fake the effect in a more primitive 3d environment like Visual Pinball.

Punch it!

TNT2
                              Participant
                                @tnt2

Huh. Interesting.

-=Dozer=-
                                Participant
                                  @dozer

Dark created this great Bicycle Girl model with a separate hair mesh – fantastic.

Will put it in the game when I get the changes back from Flupper.

Attachments:
                                  DJRobX
                                    @djrobx
                                    MemberModerator

bicycle girl mod or something… it does look really cool.

I can see the line in the script already

Dim cBicycleBuubs:cBicycleBuubs = 0   ‘  0 = Factory, just the head   1 = A cup   2 = D STAT’s D-cup

senseless
                                    Participant
                                      @senseless

Brr she is really scary ;). This LE version is going to be awesome.

Pinbolt
                                      Participant
                                        @pinbolt

Great girl, dark.

-=Dozer=-
                                        Participant
                                          @dozer

When you render things in your 3d modeling program you have a lot of environment control, shadows and the way light plays off of other objects “realistically” – you don’t really get this control in VP. So if you “bake” the effects into the textures created in your 3d modeling software, you can fake the effect in a more primitive 3d environment like Visual Pinball.

I always thought baked textures were the ones with a size of 420×420 :)

Dark
                                            @dark
                                            vipMemberContributor

I always thought baked textures were the ones with a size of 420×420 :)

I always bake something ‘special’ into my texture bakes! :P

:wacko:

3dcreation

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 155 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?