The Walking Dead (Stern 2014) BETA

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    freneticamnesic
      @freneticamnesic
      vipModeratorMember

Awesome table :-) You can really see all the time and hard work which went in to this. It’s probably because this is thr Pro table, but with the cool fish tank included, however is there a way to have the lights off in the fish tank and then they (green lights) only come on temporarily when the ball drains or during certain modes? (it’s been a while since I played the LE version but I think that’s how they worked?). Again, I realise that this is maybe not possible, and only a feature on thr LE rom, however I thought I’d mention it juat in case (I’m not sure how the fish tank mod Stern sells for the pro works? ; are the lights juat permanently on?). <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Love the red illumination btw ; haven’t even bothered trying the standard mode yet (do you hit F6 or something to change modes?). </span> Thanks again

In the script, at the top there’s a couple things you can change. You can turn RedGI off, though I don’t know why you’d want to! You could also toggle on bloodmode, the problem is the apron doesn’t change, just the ramps, rubbers, flippers, some other small details change. It looks cool but currently you can’t see the right pop bumper lane guide light with bloodmode enabled. I can make the material semi-transparent on the ramps but then it doesn’t look as cool. As long as you keep track of the lane lights it shouldn’t be an issue though. The apron is supposed to be red in bloodmode but with knorr’s new apron primitive I just haven’t converted the texture yet.

As for the green on the fishtank, You could I suppose set it to the same collection as the GI lights. You’d want to comment out the lines in the script that turn these lights on, you can do this by searching for the name of the light object in the script. Then select all the lights in the editor, right click > assign to collecting > GILights (I think is the name of the collection) and then it should function as you described. I’ve currently got them set to actual bulbs assigned in the ROM to the fish tank, there’s some flashers for it and some lamps for it. I don’t know which way is correct but I got the best effect from the lamps I assigned, imo

Punch it!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Blashyrk
      Participant
        @blashyrk

Great Table Fren and ICPjuggla, the auto plunger struggles to get the ball out of the shooter lane, it usually takes 3-4 attempts to launch it successfully.

Wolfgang
        Participant
          @mrwolfgang

Many thanks for the reply ; much appreciated.
          You are definitely right about the red GI ; definitely worth keeping switched on.
          Regarding the fish tank, maybe someone with more experience could fill me in on this, however I went and had a look at some LE footage, and it seems that one of the lights will blink (the far right) when you start the game (all three flash in attract mode) and only seem to switch off when the well Walker is hit or a ball drains.
          At the moment in Vpx,I can see some faint lights doing something, however the main bulbs are always on?

edizzle
          Participant
            @edizzle

Awesome work, as always fren.  As others have already stated, always top notch material.  I’m crossing my fingers one of your unfinished projects is…Jolly Park!  Haha, though I think you said you were done with that one.  Enjoy just playing again!

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Awesome work, as always fren. As others have already stated, always top notch material. I’m crossing my fingers one of your unfinished projects is…Jolly Park! Haha, though I think you said you were done with that one. Enjoy just playing again!

LOL! i was hoping for Jolly Park or maybe Vernes World B-) so see fren cant take a break forever!  :yahoo:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

Vampirolatino2
              Participant
                @vampirolatino2

Thanks! I haven’t got time to fire it up but can’t get let pass to say proper thanks for all the time and effort you guys made to the creation of this table…. so Thanks a lot to all!

:good: keep up the good work and spirit.

STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

JP and VW, hm … whatever,
                  because there is no Beer-Button, take a look at PP, and enjoy some Beers,
                  should be for your break  :-)

Michael
                  Participant
                    @jmg2103

hey everyone,

first of all, i must say that this is one of the very best tables i have seen so far. very good job fren :)

however, after a couple of rounds of playing i’ve come across some issues:

1) if the ball rolls back down from the left ramp, it sometimes bounces very wildly as if it collides with the lower end of the ramp. maybe a positioning (height?) issue?

2) left outlane width seems too wide (for me)

3) even with primitive271 (zombie head) set as toy, no hits are registered when hitting the head…works, if you hit it hard enough :)

4) extra ball (woodbury lane on the right) does not get registered after successful hit

although apart from these four things, it plays very great. also great idea with the red gi.

best regards from germany :)

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

JP and VW, hm … whatever, because there is no Beer-Button, take a look at PP, and enjoy some Beers, should be for your break :-)

What is pp?

for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
                        @freneticamnesic
                        vipModeratorMember

hey everyone, first of all, i must say that this is one of the very best tables i have seen so far. very good job fren :) however, after a couple of rounds of playing i’ve come across some issues: 1) if the ball rolls back down from the left ramp, it sometimes bounces very wildly as if it collides with the lower end of the ramp. maybe a positioning (height?) issue? 2) left outlane width seems too wide (for me) 3) even with primitive271 (zombie head) set as toy, no hits are registered when hitting the head…works, if you hit it hard enough :) 4) extra ball (woodbury lane on the right) does not get registered after successful hit although apart from these four things, it plays very great. also great idea with the red gi. best regards from germany :)

did you set ld and rd to toy (not collidable) as well?

Punch it!

Michael
                        Participant
                          @jmg2103

i started off with version a, so all three were allready set as toy. and it works, i was just a little…inattentive…

also, i made the left ramp a little less wide (130, i think) and moved the entrance almost center between the posts. For narrowing the left outlane i applied my noob-fix by inserting a invisible wall to make the ball roll over the trigger and for the extra-ball / woodbury trigger, i added a broader rectangle as the new sw33 (which i saw on the PM5 version :) )

i still pretty much suck at playing the table, though.

Ray
                          Participant
                            @vpfan

Really great table, great work.  Much improved over the PM5 test version.  Big thumbs up, a visual treat and plays great already.
                            As for bugs:

– I also notice the Prison head not registering all hits (also 32816a version to begin with), it’s inconsistent, so I’m not sure what the key is.  Seems like some pretty straight on, “hard” shots don’t register, most times they do.  A lot of more glancing weaker shots don’t count.  Maybe 70/30 hits counted vs not?  Honestly I see people complain the real game does this, maybe it’s not so much a bug here, but a feature?  :)

This could also be me misunderstanding the scoring/registering of hits to the prison head.  I almost seem to get a hit reaction with the lighting blinking, but no scoring or advancement of the prison letters on those shots.  Registered hits always have the corresponding sound effect and a prison yard walker killed on the DMD animation that doesn’t happen w/ the light blinking only/failed hits.

– I also notice the woodbury/extra ball shot doesn’t register quite often.  Especially if the ball enters that lane through a carom or kicked off the slingshots, etc.  I had a couple multiple bounce-ins not count, then a couple fairly clean shots off the flipper not score either.

– I feel like the left outlane trigger doesn’t register when the ball rolls over the visual switch?  Not sure, just a feeling, just detects the drain when it reaches like it was a normal center drain area.  Could be wrong.

– Rolling back down the left ramp from a failed shot, I feel like I get some extreme throw of the ball occasionally.  Almost like the effect you get from a magnet chucking the ball.  Just seems slightly off.

– Not a bug really, but I think I recall some kind of 2x shot mechanism with lights in the inlanes, that isn’t operational here, guessing that was one of the features you mentioned wasn’t finished yet?  Maybe I’m mistaken on that and this table all together though.

Major thanks for you time and effort Fren, I enjoy every one of your tables.  They are the best showcase of VPX on my cab IMO.  :good:

freneticamnesic
                              @freneticamnesic
                              vipModeratorMember

Great feedback so far, thanks everyone. I should have time this evening to take a look at the switches not registering and double check the prison. It worked great for me on the last build but maybe something else is there that I’m overlooking.

Punch it!

TXT11
                              Participant
                                @txt11

Could I ask what rom version does this table use and which SAM.vbs is suitable?? B-)

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Newest of each.

game code(rom): http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-the-walking-dead-pro

vpinmame version: http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2480-vpinmame-sam-for-desktop-cab-pindmd1-pindmd2-pin2dmd/

********************************************************
                                  for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  imagamejunky
                                  Participant
                                    @imagamejunky

I’ve really been playing the shit out of this table and it’s just amazing!!

Superb job Fren and others.

Thanks a million

Junky

My youtube channel
                                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC85zq3VgibnPTOkielbyReg

chokeee
                                    Participant
                                      @chokeee

So far I have not had any performance issues with VPX tables but I have a strong shuttering in the TWD  table. If you do not have performance problems , write what are the specs of your computer?

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Rafal you should provide your specs. But here is mine i get no stutter:

Windows 7 64bit

8gb ram

i5 cpu

nvidia 750TI 2gb

I run 2 screen setup with real dmd for 3rd screen

Try different db2s backglass maybe or no backglass to make sure thats not a issue

for IOS and Android

Blashyrk
                                        Participant
                                          @blashyrk

I’m having problems with the auto plunger, how can i adjust it to shoot a little more to the right ?(i can’t find it in the editor) when the ball auto plunges it hits the corner of the “lane” that leads back to the shooter lane..

Wolfgang
                                          Participant
                                            @mrwolfgang

Is there any news regarding a Final release? ; if I remember correctly, it was mentioned previously that there was going to be another release which would help with performance issues?.

Also, I might be mistaken, but for me, it feels like the DMD is running too fast (kind of like the throttle mode in MAME is off, so it’s running too fast? (don’t have and frame skip options on etc)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 114 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?