The Walking Dead (Stern 2014) BETA

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Jodannar
    Participant
      @jodannar

plays really well. Quite a big improvememnt over the physmod release. The Burbeury (whatever the town is, I don’t watch the show( entrance back to the ball launch is a bit of a ball magnet in my opinion.

Great work. Thankyou.

Wolfgang
      Participant
        @mrwolfgang

Hi all, I can also vouch that the extra ball target wasn’t working for me last night.

Anyway, I’m sure when Fren has some time there will be a final release – quality tables like this are more than worth the wait.

TXT11
        Participant
          @txt11

I have had no issue starting and running the TWD PM5 version which also uses the same twd_156 rom.  But for the life of me, I can’t get this to run. All other VPX tables are fine.  I’mnot on VP10.1 only the release version 10.0. I get the “Machine Terminated – Check the ROM”error followed by the darkened playfield on my main monitor, but no BG or DMD.  I have altered the script to only use VPM Controller.  Might try downloading SAM.vbs, table, rom all over again and start fresh…. :bye:

freneticamnesic
            @freneticamnesic
            vipModeratorMember

High res images probably, try setting max texture size to 1024 or something and see if it runs

Punch it!

TXT11
            Participant
              @txt11

I can’t fluke this at all.  Resized max textures to 1024 also and still won’t play.  I had tried that earlier as I saw that helped others…. It is something to do with the rom.  I updated to the latest SAM as well and it changed a lot of sound levels in any of my Stern tables – WEIRD…..!!  Thanks to everyone for their help anyway. Might wait until version 1.0 is released and try again then :wacko:   :wacko:   :wacko:

nate
              Participant
                @nodzebra

Hey guys here is a link to a video of me playing my walking dead pro skrillex dubstep edition, a link to the game code is in the video description, its in .bin format so just zip it up as you would if you downloaded it from stern, I have already tested it with fren and icp’s VPX version and can confirm its working well, its version 1.56 and has a total sound overhaul other than it playing the original TWD music while waiting to shoot the ball, a couple attract mode animation changes and a a nerds candy easter egg hidden deep within the basket dead walkers!  enjoy!

Paulo Carvalho
                Participant
                  @paulohotline

Hey guys, after upgrading to VPX 10.1 I cannot get this beta table to run. I have downloaded the latest beta and I am having the same error. VPX  locks on start of the table and it also locks my shaker. I cannot get out and have to kill the app in task manager. Anyone else having this issue? Very strange and this issue is not happening with any other table in VPX that I know of. Will keep testing. But for now I have disabled it in my script :(

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                  http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                  "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Jesperpark
                  Participant
                    @jesperpark

Paulo,

check out the thread “confusing issues with Sam tables”

Slider point posted a smaller file size of the twd, seems to be working better

wowter
                    Participant
                      @wowter

hi,  thanks for all the great tables!

I keep getting the “machine terminated before intitialized, check rom path” , which would suggest that there is something wrong with my rom.  However, the pysmod5 version works as normal (also twd_156.zip with inside TWD156.BIN), and when I test it in pinmame, it also works as normal.  Is there another reason to get this message?  Anyone any ideas? I already tried downloading the newest pinmame (arngrim version from VPU).

edit:  just checked http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/confusing-issue-with-sam-tables/

Looks like it is my system specs :-( . (Nvidia GTX460 1gb, 4gb sysmem)

sorry, have been out of the loop for a while.  This is the first table for me that gives me this error. This smaller version is is working great:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45508371/The%20Walking%20Dead%20(Stern%202014)%20AB.vpx    (sliderpoint/senseless version)

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Glad you at least got it going

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

RallyRally
                        Participant
                          @rallyrally

Smaller version of the table(78.5 MB) is still not working for me in VP 10.1 final running in 32 bit Windows XP Home SP3(Geforce GTS250 1GB, 3GB system memory), giving the “machine terminated” error from VPinmame. I have the pinsound mod rom, which is actually smaller than the original rom, with file size of 74.3 MB. Tried lowering max texture dimension(1024 & 512) and detail level at minimum, but nothing changed. Also tried the original rom with no success.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Drybonz
                          Participant
                            @drybonz

Anyone else getting a crash at launch with this table on the newest SAM PM and VPX 10.2?

Drybonz
                            Participant
                              @drybonz

Seems to be a problem with the latest 2.36 Sam pinmame… Was playing fine for me before that one, unless I am just missing something.

TXT11
                              Participant
                                @txt11

Smaller version of the table(78.5 MB) is still not working for me in VP 10.1 final running in 32 bit Windows XP Home SP3(Geforce GTS250 1GB, 3GB system memory), giving the “machine terminated” error from VPinmame. I have the pinsound mod rom, which is actually smaller than the original rom, with file size of 74.3 MB. Tried lowering max texture dimension(1024 & 512) and detail level at minimum, but nothing changed. Also tried the original rom with no success.

I am exactly the same boat with this table, except I run Tiny Beast Edition of WinXP.  I can get the smallest VPX file to run with all sliders down and 512 max textures… But it looks god awful compared to the PM5 edition that runs/looks great.  Guess we will have to be happy with the non-VPX version….!! :good:

Jesperpark
                                Participant
                                  @jesperpark

I have the latest Sam Pinmame, running 10.1 and i have no problems playing the game.  Still using the larger file size version as well

Drybonz
                                  Participant
                                    @drybonz

Have you tried it with 10.2 beta, Jesper?

Jesperpark
                                    Participant
                                      @jesperpark

Not yet no, I will try to give it a go this weekend and see what happens.

Jesperpark
                                      Participant
                                        @jesperpark

@drybonz, tried this out using latest 10.2 beta and the latest piname.  It plays fine for me…

Drybonz
                                        Participant
                                          @drybonz

Ugh… wonder what happened that mine stopped playing… I think I might re-download it and start fresh to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks for checking it in 10.2, Jesper… helps me narrow down the problem.

Drybonz
                                          Participant
                                            @drybonz

I decided to try again today and it opened, normally, on the first try without me taking any additional steps.  I have no idea, but I’ll take it.     :wacko:

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 114 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?