The Wiggler (Bally 1967)

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

wiggler_4kdone

Last render before heading to VP for scripting. Now w/ plastics, Wiggle Lane, finished playfield and full lighting.

View 4k version here.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Wow that looks great!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

@scottacus, just watched you video on explaining schematics, that was great.  A lot of people say they don’t like the older EM tables, but I absolutely adore them.  The real ones too because of how mechanical it is.  I am very confused now though, that video reminded me of why I don’t buy non working EM tables anymore, but a part of me wants to get one to see if I can fix one.  Especially over the last 2 years my knowledge base has improved dramatically and I think I might be up for the challenge.

Scottacus
          Participant
            @scottacus
            MembervipContributor

@Tom you should do it!  Non working EM’s are usually pretty cheap even in this age of crazy high pin prices.  I’d be more concerned about playfield condition than if a game plays or not.  Parts are available for most repairs other than replacing specialized units like steppers so make sure that you check out the inside of the machine to make sure that the reason it doesn’t run is because it has been stripped for parts.

Don’t tell anyone but SS games are just a gateway drug to EM’s. B-)

Scottacus
            Participant
              @scottacus
              MembervipContributor

@Bord got me the early stages visuals for the table before he left on vacation and I’ve just completed the initial scripting of the table.  This table has a fairly complex rule set according to the schematic.  There is a Free Ball gate that returns the ball to the shooter lane which is controlled by a roll over that is set by a stepper as well as by the stepper itself.  The flippers zip when the center blue mushroom is hit and the light under it is off and the yellow mushrooms advance the “Wiggle Alley” and unzip the flippers.  The two rebounds above the top entry lanes have lights that show which one will increase the center entry lane to 200 points if hit.  There is also a Wiggle Alley that scores points and opens the Freeball gate with its rollovers and is portected by a locking gate at the top that locks when there is a 3 ball multiball (see previous video).  There is a “Wigglesville” nasty left outlane that scores points based upon a stepper unit and last but not least a three ball multiball.

This video demonstrates game play.  I’ve coded VP to set the color of the various balls so that I can see how the saucer logic is working.  VP numbers its balls based upon how many are on the table and which order they were released.  Scripts often use the GetBalls method to see the ball names and by convention they are BOT(0)…BOT(2).  I’ve colored the balls so that BOT(0) is green, BOT(1) is red and BOT(2) is blue.  It’s fun to see a ball change color as another lower numbered ball is drained.  There is no sound for this video because it was too painful to listen to because of stutter in the x-box video screen capture

The saucer logic was interesting to work on.  This table uses the “modern” approach to saucers where a primitive hole and bevel is cut to the table so that the ball can “rim” the hole before falling in.  A trigger is placed in the bottom to sense when a ball has been captured, this avoids using VP kickers.  I had to figure out a way to know which ball (BOT(0)-BOT(2)) is in which hole so that I can kick the appropriate ball.  To make matters even more challenging, the schematic shows that the upper kicker is kicked on the score motor’s first step, then if there was a ball there the table scores 100 points on the next two steps (top hole worth 200 points) then the table kicks the bottom kicker on stepper position 4 and then scores 100 points on stepper position 5.  This meant that I had to time out everything and couldn’t just kick both balls at once.

Here’s a video to show progress as of now.

3 users thanked author for this post.
              Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Appreciate video with description. During your test, I could not help starting to think about @loserman76 and his tables. Not that very long time ago since the ball control via mouse feature was released. :wacko: Inventive solution, using colors like that @scottacus B-)

JR
                Participant
                  @jfr1

Yeah, so…some guy I know is available to, you know, beta test.  Let me know if you need his help.        this is looking really nice

Dutchman
                  Participant
                    @dutchguy

This is my favorite EM table! :good:   Can’t wait for the release of this table!

Thanks to everyone creating this fantastic looking masterpiece! :yahoo: :good:

Scottacus
                    Participant
                      @scottacus
                      MembervipContributor

Wow my first post was from 2018!  The table is now out and can be found only here on VPinball.com

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/the-wiggler-bally-1967-2/#post-198719

2 users thanked author for this post.
                    Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?