The X Files (Sega 1997)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    senseless
    Participant
      @senseless

What a beauty and nice surprise on a weekday! Makes me forgot about work and getting out of bed early.. :). Time to play. Thanks Silderpoint for this great release. The Truth is out there!

@HauntFreaks
      : Thanks for the B2S.

Naboodiver
      Participant
        @naboodiver

Ok…  I feel like a noob here but I am totally lost …   I get the same as above “For some reason I keep getting this error when trying to use the flippers  – Line 312 variable is undefined – ‘DOFFlippers’.  ”   I have downloaded and installed the 10.2 beta files from this site and installed them…  No duplicate script files anywhere.   I have been beaten by this beast for two hours.    I deleted the .nv and cfg. files for Xfiles rom and that did not help either..   I do not have feedback on my cabinet.    All other VP10 tables run fine but on this one as soon as I touch the flipper, it errors out with above.    :negative:

BorgDog
        Participant
          @borgdog
          MemberContributorvip

The one here is not new enough, you need the one from vpforums.org

Ben Logan2
          Participant
            @benlogan2

Really like the nice warm creepy lighting underneath the giant X insert. Nailed that.

Regarding ball rolling off the flippers — Dirty Harry is setup this way too, both on VP versions and the real life table. Some tables seem to employ that flipper angle. Adds some cool variety, imo.

Sliderpoint’s table friction settings have me rethinking the way I’ve setup a few tables on my machine. Interesting new take on VP ball physics.

This table is so much fun. Currently addicted. Thanks, Mike!

Sliderpoint
            Participant
              @sliderpoint
              MemberContributor

Turning off playfield reflections has stopped my balls from stuttering, but after some game play, I now find that I’ve got magnet balls! …..How flip’n cool are they! ;)

Good find.  I’ll go through the table and disable reflection on all the things that can’t really be seen.  Maybe a good middle ground.

The magnet is fun.  Can hold two balls pretty well during the multiball, try to get that third one to “stick” (I can’t it usually falls, but it’s fun to watch).

-Mike

takut
              Participant
                @takut
                MemberContributor

Ok… I feel like a noob here but I am totally lost … I get the same as above “For some reason I keep getting this error when trying to use the flippers – Line 312 variable is undefined – ‘DOFFlippers’. ” I have downloaded and installed the 10.2 beta files from this site and installed them… No duplicate script files anywhere. I have been beaten by this beast for two hours. I deleted the .nv and cfg. files for Xfiles rom and that did not help either.. I do not have feedback on my cabinet. All other VP10 tables run fine but on this one as soon as I touch the flipper, it errors out with above. :negative:

Step 1: Download the latest VPX beta from this link:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35311&page=1#entry350690

Step 2: Copy all the files from the VP beta download into your local VP installation folder and replace the existing files

Step 3: Copy the files from the VP beta script download folder into your local VP script installation folder and replace the existing files

VPX_beta

Attachments:
                3 users thanked author for this post.
                cryptdoctor21
                Participant
                  @cryptdoctor

Amazing job on this table!  I used to own one of these machines and you really nailed this one!  Thanks to all for this great table.  Thanks to Hauntfreaks for the amazing B2S backglass as well.  I think I’ll play a few games right now…wonderful!!

Winterpooch
                  Participant
                    @winterpooch

Amazing job on this table! I used to own one of these machines and you really nailed this one! Thanks to all for this great table. Thanks to Hauntfreaks for the amazing B2S backglass as well. I think I’ll play a few games right now…wonderful!!

Ok… I feel like a noob here but I am totally lost … I get the same as above “For some reason I keep getting this error when trying to use the flippers – Line 312 variable is undefined – ‘DOFFlippers’. ” I have downloaded and installed the 10.2 beta files from this site and installed them… No duplicate script files anywhere. I have been beaten by this beast for two hours. I deleted the .nv and cfg. files for Xfiles rom and that did not help either.. I do not have feedback on my cabinet. All other VP10 tables run fine but on this one as soon as I touch the flipper, it errors out with above. :negative:

Step 1: Download the latest VPX beta from this link: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35311&page=1#entry350690 Step 2: Copy all the files from the VP beta download into your local VP installation folder and replace the existing files Step 3: Copy the files from the VP beta script download folder into your local VP script installation folder and replace the existing files VPX_beta

THANK YOU! at last a clear and concise reply to a common problem for many people with getting this table to work :good:

Sliderpoint
                    Participant
                      @sliderpoint
                      MemberContributor

Step 2 should actually be, right click the .zip file, choose properties, check the unblock option and click OK. Shouldn’t have to do the extract in 2 steps, just open the zip and your vp folder side by side. Drag and drop all the contents from the .zip into your vp folder, select to overwrite all. Done.

TNT2
                      Participant
                        @tnt2

I have really been enjoying this table. Data East and Sega have some underrated pins.

franco
                        Participant
                          @guilinman

Hello,

your pinball is fantastic! I use vpx 10.2 2791 but when I play give me script error….dofflipper..some solution? thanks in advance

:good:

Dark
                            @dark
                            vipMemberContributor

Hello, your pinball is fantastic! I use vpx 10.2 2791 but when I play give me script error….dofflipper..some solution? thanks in advance :good:

You need to update your scripts as was explained above.  http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/the-x-files-sega-1997/page/3/#post-36652

3dcreation

Daryl
                            Participant
                              @allknowing2012

Nice play .. trying to figure out the rules.. Is there really a skill shot? the web says something about the scully mulder flashing lights but I cant seem to make sense out of how that is a skill shot.

[update: the web is wrong on the skill shot, a VPF’er posted his findings from playing a VP table & rom

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=13482#entry109955

]

The one youtube nails it when it says you have to be good at your shots. This is a nice table to learn and improve your shot making!

Couple of very minor issues.. Ball got stuck coming down the left ramp right at the drop point of the metal habittrail.

I put a .02 friction on the tunnel (Ramp580) coming down to the right flipper to show it down a bit so it stays on the right flipper.

ICPjuggla
                                @icpjuggla
                                MembervipModerator

What a great table. So much fun and hard like it should be. Thx to everyone involved on this.

It’s been a fun Friday night drinking beers and playing X-Files on the cab.

image-2

Edit: 8 edits to get my picture right! lol

Attachments:
                                STAT
                                Participant
                                  @stefanaustria
                                  MemberContributor

Hey that wasnt a Beer Bottle to the left ? :whistle:

ICPjuggla
                                    @icpjuggla
                                    MembervipModerator

Hey STAT yeah it’s a beer.. I call them twisty’s, 16oz cans with a twist off top. They stay much colder than bottled beer and they come in 16oz instead of 12oz..  B-)   :good:

image-3

Attachments:
                                    randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

but do they taste as good as beer from a bottle? i cant drink beer from a can.

********************************************************
                                      Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                      for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Sliderpoint
                                      Participant
                                        @sliderpoint
                                        MemberContributor

I think they taste like beer from a can, only… faster!

JAA3rd
                                        Participant
                                          @jaa3rd

Thanks for the awesome effort, I’ve had an absolute blast with this table.  I never had the chance to play the real deal.

I am however having 2 issues.

1) I seem to get the ball trapped behind the FBI trap door rather frequently.  The only way to get it out is to Tilt, since lost ball checker doesn’t seem to engage the trap door. (Don’t know if it’s supposed to)

2)I have the rom value set to 32 (max), yet the mechanical sounds are predominately louder than the rom.  Is there any way to adjust the mech sounds by individual table rather than globally in the audio preferences?  Even at max vol. this table’s volume is extremely lower than the rest of my VPX tables.

Thanks again for the hard work – outstanding job

Daryl
                                          Participant
                                            @allknowing2012

There are settings on the Table properties page .. but they arent likely to help you.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 111 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?