The X Files (Sega 1997)

Viewing 11 posts - 101 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    blackvulcan3
    Participant
      @blackvulcan3

Any help gents. Cant get the x-files to rotate in my cab. Originally the DMD and the playfield was rotated but adjusted ‘rol’ to ‘ror’ in the script. DMD fixed but playfield still in apparent DT mode. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT – All good, my FS and DT settings were both set at 0. I changed the FS settings to 270, its way to big but at least I can adjust. Cheers anyway.

Attachments:
      Drybonz
      Participant
        @drybonz

I had that thing with the second DMD on the playfield tonight as well.  First time I can remember seeing anything like that.  Mark70’s tip, above, worked just fine.

ozg
        Participant
          @netweight

I hate to ask because I’m sure its just something I am missing, BUT: The DMD shows up on the playfield and I cannot move it, or right-click to drag it to my separate screen. I don’t see anything in the script or playfield editor to do with DMD location and have not encountered an unmovable DMD before so I am stumped. I am running this table as-is after having imported the landscape xml that was posted a bunch of times as I am in a 3-screen cabinet setup. Any clues would be appreciated, thanks!

I just tried it. Change “UseVPMDMD” from “1” to “0” should solve the problem. You find it almost at the top of the script. .

When I change the script from 1 to 0, I lose the apron and part of the shooter lane on the table, the plastics just disappear. I reinstalled everything a few days ago and had the double DMD problem with The X-Files and The Walking Dead LE 1.4. The Walking Dead LE second DMD just went away on it’s own, I think this happened when I upgraded SAM from 2.37 to 2.39, but I still have two on the X-Files table (which wouldn’t use the Stern SAM, at least I wouldn’t think so).

WTF, that’s so odd, when I did what you said, changing the 1 to 0, I lost the plastics. So when it said do you want to keep the changes, I said no. But when I reopened the X-Files table the second DMD is now gone. So I went back into the script and the USEVPMDMD is still set to 1. Now I’m just sitting here scratching my head. I still think that it has something to do with the new SAM 2.39, but I can’t say for sure. Never mind, I opened the X-files a third time and now the second DMD is back, so back to tinkering. I’ll update if I can figure anything out.

OK, I’ve fixed the problem. I removed line 15 and 16 from the script and now the second DMD is gone.

remove:

Dim UseVPMDMD
          UseVPMDMD = 1

blackvulcan3
          Participant
            @blackvulcan3

Hey guys, thanks for the tips on the 2nd DMD on the playfield. I have this table working perfectly in Win 7, upgraded to Win 10 and suddenly a second DMD appeared.

ozg
            Participant
              @netweight

Smooth, amazing and so far seems flawless, THANK YOU! It’s in my top 3 tables of all time.

xkane47
              Participant
                @xkane47

I just want to mention another solution, because none of these worked for me. I corrected the problem on my machine by going in regedit and changing the line “showwindmd” from 0 to 1

TXT11
                Participant
                  @txt11

I would like to add another solution that I found worked as well after installing the VPinMame beta 3.0.  I selected the Backdrop button and saw a DMD sitting in the top right hand corner of my playfield.  Right mouse clicked and selected “Unlock” I could then move the DMD off the playfield.  Hasn’t come back !! :good:

Micronaut
                  Participant
                    @micronaut

very very good

thanks guys

Muhammedwally
                    Participant
                      @muhammedwally

Looks like a fun table. Unplayable for me. The ball launches, and……that’s it, does’nt enter the play field. Maybe I did something wrong? I don’t see others having the same problem :unsure:   It’s a keeper though, I will come back to it when I’ve learned some more.

Sliderpoint
                      Participant
                        @sliderpoint
                        MemberContributor

I just checked and it works fine.  I would guess you have something plugged into your computer that is affecting the tilt of the playfield.  start unplugging things until you find it.

-Mike

Muhammedwally
                        Participant
                          @muhammedwally

Thnx 4 the reply, I fiddled endlessly and failed at remediating one small error I created somehow. A re-download and overwrite fixed it. The more I learn about VP, the more amazed I am at the amount of technical wizardry wielded by all of you authors……THANK YOU!

Viewing 11 posts - 101 through 111 (of 111 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?