Theatre of Magic VPX wip

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    RustyCardores
      @rustycardores
      MemberModerator

Fantastic work as always. I know it’s a WIP so please excuse me, but an early observation is that it seems to cary more contrast than other tables. Is this intentional or is it something that the user can adjust for personal taste?

Drybonz
      Participant
        @drybonz

Hey Rusty… does the night/day slider lighten it up for you?  I think the night/day checkboxes were unchecked by default if I am remembering correctly, so maybe re-check those first.

ALDiode
        Participant
          @aldiode

I don’t read Italian so I guess I’ll just have to wait for an official release!

If you just switch to the language that you need before attempting to log in you will have a much easier time :)

Have Fun!

AL

Attachments:
          Drybonz
          Participant
            @drybonz

If anyone wants to see the mirror better, try a layback setting of “70” in the backdrop settings.

ninuzzu
            Participant
              @ninuzzu
              vipMember

I have to fix the mirror, it actually rotates with the table inclination, but I’m still not happy with it.

There’s also actually a bug: the elements behind the table are not rendered correctly, so I think I have to translate the table on the +Y axis, just like the vp9 version.

Drybonz
              Participant
                @drybonz

Thanks Ninuzzu… I’m getting that weird white line, but I think it is the same issue that someone reported to you on Monsterbash.

Table is amazing… great job.    :good:

RustyCardores
                  @rustycardores
                  MemberModerator

Hey Rusty… does the night/day slider lighten it up for you? I think the night/day checkboxes were unchecked by default if I am remembering correctly, so maybe re-check those first.

Yes the night/day slider works and I have made adjustments to it and to the ambient light. So I can lighten/darken the table, but it’s a contrast thing. I like to run all my tables in a night mode, as my arcade room has no windows, so I can get away with that “pub” feeling quite well. I do this as I feel it adds to a table’s dimensional relief, or 3D feel if you like. But even when running darker like this, the blacks generally aren’t “solid”, they retain some detail even though the amount is minor.

This time however, the extra contrast is making those blacks quite “solid” (and the mid tones a little heavier) and the amount of lighting lift required to help counter this results in too bright a table.

I have to say, it’s not a massive thing I am trying to describe here, it’s more of a “fine tune” to the appearance that I wish to achieve.

RYSr (Rich)
                  Participant
                    @rysr

Just played this WIP version and Wow it plays incredibly. I used to have this pin about 10 years ago. I forgot how fast it plays.

I love the way the trunk shakes when you hit it, but I don’t remember that on the real table. ;-)

Congrats to Tom and Ninuzzu what a talented team!

Thank you!!

Rich

Ben Logan2
                    Participant
                      @benlogan2

Hey Rusty… does the night/day slider lighten it up for you? I think the night/day checkboxes were unchecked by default if I am remembering correctly, so maybe re-check those first.

Yes the night/day slider works and I have made adjustments to it and to the ambient light. So I can lighten/darken the table, but it’s a contrast thing. I like to run all my tables in a night mode, as my arcade room has no windows, so I can get away with that “pub” feeling quite well. I do this as I feel it adds to a table’s dimensional relief, or 3D feel if you like. But even when running darker like this, the blacks generally aren’t “solid”, they retain some detail even though the amount is minor. This time however, the extra contrast is making those blacks quite “solid” (and the mid tones a little heavier) and the amount of lighting lift required to help counter this results in too bright a table. I have to say, it’s not a massive thing I am trying to describe here, it’s more of a “fine tune” to the appearance that I wish to achieve.

You can try exporting an “environment emission image” (under table tab in the lighting section) from a table you like the contrast on, and importing it into TOM. These can have a major affect on contrast.

Pinbolt
                      Participant
                        @pinbolt

Wow, the table is magic. Beautiful, perfect lights and a great gameplay it’s magic.

Thank you for the beta.

TNT2
                        Participant
                          @tnt2

Really enjoying this. Another one of those tables where the colors just pop.  :good:

Phil Docker
                          Participant
                            @dock

Downloaded the WIP – very impressive.

However the trunk is not right, it does not move when hit.  The only part of the trunk that is ‘moveable’ is the magnet on the front which is slightly hinged on the top.  It does not move side to side when hit.  Plus I did notice that the trunk went out of sync by a few degrees.

I have owned and restored about 8 Theater of magic games – one of my favourite tables in real life and on VP.

Love having the tigersaw mod.

But is there a reason why you are not using the ‘ball save’ post and the v 1.4 eprom (which is based on the prototype).

http://endlesspinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/IMG_2068.jpg
                            http://christopherhutchins.com/albums/album517/52_G.sized.jpg

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

I’ve owned tom and still do. I’ve only seen 1 machine with post ever. I have not tried wip so cannot comment on it

********************************************************
                              Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                              for IOS and Android

********************************************************

N3roflint
                              Participant
                                @n3roflint

I’m at a loss for words about how fantastic this table looks and plays. Great job Tom and Ninuzzu.

ninuzzu
                                Participant
                                  @ninuzzu
                                  vipMember

Unfortunately rom 1.4 can’t be emulated. Or I’m missing something? I would like to add the ballsaver post

Anyway, I reported this glitch to toxie:

To get rid of it you have to disable BallTrail/motion blur in the VP video options.

I’m looking for a better solution, but, for now, this will fix the issue.

ninuzzu
                                  Participant
                                    @ninuzzu
                                    vipMember

Ok I found the solution, in layer 1

Clark Kent
                                    Participant
                                      @clarkkent
                                      MemberContributor

I do not have this glitch at all.

Drybonz
                                      Participant
                                        @drybonz

Hey, Clark… it will look like a thin white line that occasionally flashes on the screen briefly… that’s what I see anyway.

*edit*  I just added Ninuzzu’s fix.

toxie
                                        Participant
                                          @toxie
                                          VP DEVMember

rom 1.4 should actually work AFAIK.

toxie
                                          Participant
                                            @toxie
                                            VP DEVMember

..but only if you set the ‘cheat’ setting in the registry for this game to ‘1’

(or enable the ‘Skip Pinball Startup Test’ in the tom_14h game options UI)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 119 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?