This topic contains 163 replies, has 58 voices, and was last updated by  randr 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 164 total)
  • Author
     senseless 
    Participant

Made it through level 3 :). You enter blood bath and is really cool :). After that I made it into the Drakness mode with three black balls. You can score points for a limited time and then the flippers just stop.

All the time the scipting was working fine. No bug yet!

I tried playing it back in the day son fp but never got the feeling due to the physics. Love this version!

@senseless What was your score in that game? I had a pretty good run (for me) and got about 400,000 points. Not sure if that’s even decent or not, but it was a fun game. Had the multi-demon balls going at one point. Still learning the game.

Not sure actually, was really focused on making the shots and progressing through the game to support the debugging (if any). The multi demon (Darkness mode) is super cool. Love the look of the dark balls and the fact that you have a limited time to play in which the balls come back even after a drain.

Next challenge will be setting a crazy highscore!

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

@senseless did you make it to end of trap 3 complete times with a demon? also did you ever put an angel in and have to rescue it? It really is very very cool game

Yes I did :). The Blood bath mode is really cool. The demon get’s access to the angels and the lights and sounds all go crazy and you hear the angels being drained. It’s really awesome!

Also the demon multiball is cool and I love how you styled the black balls. This one just screams for more play! I wonder if there is an actual end game in there.

Yes there is a end! Collect 666 souls and you will have s heck of a sound, light show with a great speech at the end of playin

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

@ripleyyy you must keep an eye on apron video screen during that mode use flippers to select item to trade souls plunger button to choose item. The ultra dmd will show you how many souls you have to trade. You can also come back later when you have more souls the small video dmd displays very important information during game but is very important in that selection mode.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Updated to Beta .092!

see change log for all the updates but most importantly i changed the wishmaster selection mode so people will get a much better idea on what they should be doing during that selection process.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     ripleyyy 
    Participant

@ripleyyy you must keep an eye on apron video screen during that mode use flippers to select item to trade souls plunger button to choose item. The ultra dmd will show you how many souls you have to trade. You can also come back later when you have more souls the small video dmd displays very important information during game but is very important in that selection mode.

for what i remember, i got 0 soul !? and no button let me escape…

asap, i will check your video to learn about the game rules ;)

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

@ripleyyy download version .92 i made changes to explain better in game

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Spoiler kinda but im finally debugging the end of game mode.. Watch if you dare :) and yes i have found a few bugs not surprised

Video does not show actual end! im still working on it though

Nemo 
    Participant

DANG !  Just back from Hell   B-) Another day with A LOT of games played, boy o boy, this is some conversion  :good:

This morning i did some extra tinckering with the sound settings just to dial it in a bit more (specific SSF setup)

Had some “strange things” going on but overall this is some Beta ! Must say, back when the fp version was “a thing”

on that crippled platform, it deserved so much better ! Now it has ! I finally get somewhere with this vast ruleset, getting

some modes to start is just too cool ! The physics are great, you can actually target stuff on the playfield  :yes:

It’s a masterpiece !

BTW a use a fairly standard key layout/binding scheme, everything just worked from the get go.

Nemo 
    Participant

Ohhh my……have you gone mad ? Hahahaha that was nice, dunno if i ever get so far with regular play, this thing’s a beast.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

End of game debugged!

Still some ultradmd programming needs to be done but watch this to end it will be worth it the voice over at the end when you defeat evil is just AMAZING.

You will see why this game has 100k plus lines of code and keep in mind this is a single end mode i have shown in this video. mind blowing effects and sounds. just insane!

2 users thanked author for this post.
     Corey 
    Participant

Two things! Was in a two ball multi-ball mode last night after rescuing an angel from a trap and got this error.

AE044893-EF70-4174-A1A6-99116DCDAAB8

Also, I can’t seem to plunge into the 4th hole no matter how far back I pull the plunger. Even tried just using my launch ball button holding it all the way to the end of the plunge and it still gets “sucked” into the 3rd hole.

Other than that, it’s running great! This is my favorite table ever and I’m so glad it’s finally in its rightful place on a good virtual pinball platform ☺️

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

@coreysalyer bug report on the bulbblink. i will fix that right away.

As for pluger skill shot you must be pulling to hard and its bouncing back off stop past 4th kicker and to number 3. you can pull to much and that will happen. i works well for me but may need further adjusting. try releasing a bit earlier and see if you can get in in the 4th kicker and not past it

beta .94 uploaded with the bug fixes reported so far

PsychoPsonic 
    Participant

My son has wished for years that someone would physically build this fantastic original game. He will be absolutely thrilled with this VPX refresh. THANKS!!

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

I am now going through scripting of all my dmd(ultradmd) cleaning it up adding animations like scrolling, fading and stuff to make the display more helpful. will be a long process but worth the time. I just tossed in basic commands to get it all “working” before

2 users thanked author for this post.
     freelunch 
    Participant

I have my S key mapped to start game, so that gives me the Scroll On-Off in the DMD. I don’t know if I’m remembering correctly, but wasn’t that only useful in Future Pinball for turning camera scrolling on or off? Haven’t found in bugs yet, but since this was my favorite FP original, I’ll play it a lot more. Thanks for all your work on this @randr.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Yeah you should probably comment out the s key in they key up/down sub if you use s for start. Or change it to another key code in script that you don’t use as it may cause issue with game in scroll is left on

arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

@randr, can’t wait for this table to be out of beta so I can make a final FSS mod of it..

Sliderpoint 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

OK, I tried to get some longer play games in to see any issues.  Here are a couple things that I found.

There are a lot of bounce outs from TrapKicker3.  Could stand to be adjusted.

The TrapDT’s need to be added to the ball search function.  I had a ball stuck between TrapDT2 and Trap Diverter2.

A few times TrapDiverter2 doesn’t move the demon ball up to trap 3 successfully. (code knows and you can keep going, just annoying to have to shoot it twice)

After you trap all 3 demons and go through the multiball, the traps don’t reset to start over.

If you lock an ‘angel’ ball in Hell and then release it through opening a gate, you get two balls.  But then you just keep getting two balls all the time and the game is a bit confused.

I also get an error consistently, however I don’t know what the steps are to recreate the issue.  It’s either have three demons locked and drain or finish midnight darkness and drain, but you get this out of memory error.  (got it on 2 different machines, both running 10.6 beta, not sure if that is the issue or not).  You’d have to be quite a ways into the game.

-Mike

Attachments:
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Great info. I can fix the error you displayed no problem. Thanks for a great bug report.

i agree trap kicker 3 is a bit hard to lock and if a ball missed going to next level I can look at that And try to make it work every time. I’ve not had it miss in testing yet

the ball search should drop those targets but you need to let it finish the searching they drop torward end of search

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

@sliderpoint you running version .94 beta? i dont see possesiontimer at line 12638 i was hoping i forgot true or false but not seeing a issue on that line. .94 version that line is a call to dmd for midnight madness clock….

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account