Three Angels

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

What’s the latest on this one? I wouldn’t mind having a crack at adding DOF to this table as an upcoming project hence i ask :) Assuming no-one is on the DOF for this yet, would it be best to wait for a while (if there is another release planned) or should I get started?

Normally I would do this…but I’m in the middle of the Popper 1.4 update….and learning Javascript sucks!!!

For this table it involves completely updating the table script…and full DOF…not just MX Leds…so it’s not for the faint of heart given the monster size of this script.  You aren’t just updating triggers on DOF Config Tool, so you need to be familiar with vb script, and how tables work in vp,etc.. DOF is different than MX leds, so you need to be careful what types of triggering you are using for devices. You don’t want something triggered ON and left on when it’s a solenoid, shaker,etc.

-RpT
      Participant
        @rpt

@TerryRed

Whatever you think is best and i will defer to your better judgement of course… I don’t have solenoids on the cab yet or a shaker so I could add those in theory but I wouldn’t be able to test.

That said I’m especially interested in this table due to the theme and rules (have some ideas for the “possession” mechanic etc). If there is a possibility to colab in the future, for example I’ll do the lights and someone else take the rest, i would certainly be interested…

Looking for a script-based table in general to DOF regardless as next on the list so that i have then completed one of each category  based on your tutorials.  B-)

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

@terryred

Whatever you think is best and i will defer to your better judgement of course… I don’t have solenoids on the cab yet or a shaker so I could add those in theory but I wouldn’t be able to test.

That said I’m especially interested in this table due to the theme and rules (have some ideas for the “possession” mechanic etc). If there is a possibility to colab in the future, for example I’ll do the lights and someone else take the rest, i would certainly be interested…

Looking for a script-based table in general to DOF regardless as next on the list so that i have then completed one of each category based on your tutorials. B-)

If you look at Jaws or MOTU…you’ll see that I’m particular in labeling everything I do to make it easy to find down the line when updates are added.  This is important because you have DOF triggers…MX led triggers…and maybe PuP triggers. Sometimes you can use the same triggers for all, sometimes you can’t or don’t want to.

This table in particular has a lot for DOF…I cry thinking about diving into it to get it done…  :(

There’s a reason why Arngrim doesn’t like doing original tables as much as rom tables for DOF.

I’m the opposite…but that’s because I want to do all of the DOF, MX Leds (cause I too like fancy) on an original table and it’s much more work to reverse engineer what someone else has done sometimes…

-RpT
          Participant
            @rpt

I think that’s one of the many reasons I am drawn to this one… to do the hard thing as it generally yields the higher rewards and this thing is as complex as I have seen a VPX table get! As a vertical slice i feel that I could probably DOF anything if I could do a good job on 3A.

Mostly 3A is a unique beast though – I want this table to FEEL possessed and even slightly broken at times. I’m talking little kids running away crying because a demon is in the machine and grown men checking their cabinet is wired up correctly :)  That was sort of the goal with Time Fantasy too – to try and inject a soul to the machine, even though these are just lights that are triggered by impact, the animation speeds, positioning and things like having an initial impact then after effect a half second later (or layering so that you get the occasional flicker of a different colour hidden in there) are what gives the thing a personality…. Example techniques used are things like linking a build up in lightshow to the bonus multiplier, “hidden” effects that might blink for a second or sometimes not at all depending on how fast you hit the ball and the way that some things are a sharp  impact (such as a bright strobe hit) vs a more organic or softer dripping down the sides of the playfield on some of the mushroom bumpers.

Know i’m preaching to the choir here as you always try and augment the table’s features – especially games like Tron and Stranger Things have gained so much more depth from the light show and MOTU fits perfectly too as just a riot of saturday morning style hijinx with the various multiballs and all.

Anyway, I’m rambling on at this stage. I will look at reverse engineering MOTU or stranger things script as my next point of order here and try to understand how you are doing things and then copy that style for whatever i end up working on!

If anyone reading this is approaching three angels DOF, PLEASE PM me for a lot of ideas!  ;-)

garrett
            Participant
              @playwitit

Got to level 3 on the trap and blood bath worked great!! Amazing job man! Really :yahoo:

1 user thanked author for this post.
              randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Small update to fix a bug only seen in vr and a few other playability issues fixed! For the better I hope?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

5 users thanked author for this post.
                naeromagus
                Participant
                  @naeromagus

Thanks a lot man,  for the time put in to bringing the masterpiece to vpx. I know that it couldn’t been easy juggling this and real life. I admire your dedication this FP conversion and the others you’ve already done RnR  :yahoo:

cryptdoctor21
                  Participant
                    @cryptdoctor

Top notch Randr, as always!!  I’m so happy to have this killer table for VPX!!!

Thanks lot for this gem!!!! :good:

Oldschool4
                    Participant
                      @oldschool4

The Sound Effects coming from this table are awesome.Thanks Randr. Used to play it in FP on Desktop, now its in a Cab. :yes:

Bob Albright
                      Participant
                        @bobalbright

Thank you for the table. I had FP in my cab only for a short time and never played this table that much. Seems like a fun table–a lot is going on! What’s a good score on this table?

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

fings1
                        Participant
                          @fings1

Two things:

1. I just recently installed this on my unfinished cab. I played a few games and next thing I know a couple hours are gone. This build could a lot longer than I anticipated.
                          2. I now sleep with the lights on…this is the most ominous sounding game ever

Damn you RandR…lol… ;-)

rx2006je
                          Participant
                            @rx2006je

is there a b2s backglass for this table?

nevermind i found it

St0max
                            Participant
                              @st0max

:wacko: got no words for this…. it´s like an angel  :good:   :good: :good: :good:

coreduo0099
                              Participant
                                @coreduo0099

On my cab, the 3 Angels backglass from 11/20/2018 no longer loads.  It does load on the previous version BTW.

alulabxxx
                                Participant
                                  @alulabxxx

Any news about this great great table?

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

What news are you wanting?

********************************************************
                                    for IOS and Android

DJRobX
                                      @djrobx
                                      MemberModerator

What news are you wanting?

That it’s getting closer to a 1.0 release?  :)

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Have not got any feedback since i fixed a few issues in last wip other then it now looks correct in VR

for IOS and Android

NailBuster
                                          @nailbuster
                                          ModeratorMember

the first official release should be “3.0 Angels”…..hardy har har… :)

3AngelsFan
                                          Participant
                                            @3angelsfan

After putting some time on this , somewhat learning the rules , intricacies , and the feel how to play well ,, just gotta say wow !

Is there a bug during 2 angel balls in a multiball? Flippers die right after the 1st angel drain.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 188 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?