Tom & Jerry (Williams 2018)

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 257 total)
  • Author
    knightrider
    Participant
      @knightrdrx

3.2 installed…10.6 now installed..on my home pc…i don’t want beta on my cabinet… i got the game name not found script error. tomjerry.zip in roms..don’t know what’s wrong

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

Your using this 3.2

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-42321

1 user thanked author for this post.
        exodus_cl
        Participant
          @exodus123456

I haven’t been able to fix the “no game name” error? I did everything as instructed, but still the same :(

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Did you re run setup for vpinmame when you updated it? You always should do that

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

exodus_cl
            Participant
              @exodus123456

Hi!

Yes I did, I can also see and run the rom using Vpm   :unsure:

awww silly me, I had changed the cgamename to “tomjerry” when I was trying to make it work and saved the table with that edited script, I redownloaded the table in order to load the default script and now it seems to be working, I see a texture errror, but that has to be the crappy video chipset mi laptop has, I’m going now to test on the cab  :yahoo:

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Hmm well then that does seem odd. Show a screenshot of the actual error that may help. Also try loading it in non exclusive full screen

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

2 users thanked author for this post.
                exodus_cl
                Participant
                  @exodus123456

Thanks for your help Randr, I edited the post before this, I got it working finally!!!

does anyone know how to turn the volume up?

outhere
                    @outhere

Try This

http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/PinVol.html

nickbuol
                    Participant
                      @nickbuol

This table is super fun and looks amazing.  Awesome job.

I do, however, have one issue.

Has anyone else had the game stop when entering a high score?  I will get prompted to enter initials, but then nothing else happens.  The table is still active in that the lights are still “blinking” and the background sound is still playing, but just can’t do anything but exit the table.  Doesn’t matter if it is 1 or 2 players.  Setup is a 2 monitor plus PIN2DMD configuration.  Here is a quick video.  At the end I just exit out to PinUp, so when you see the ball moving again, it is just the table video for the menu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywg4nn_etTU

Any ideas are welcome.  Thanks.

PinballerinID
                      Participant
                        @pinballerinid

I too am having the issue of the table not accepting input at the high scores.  Thanks!

Joker00058
                        Participant
                          @joker00058

Hmm, looks fantastic from the pictures but so far have just been getting the game not found script error.  :unsure:

nickbuol
                          Participant
                            @nickbuol

Hmm, looks fantastic from the pictures but so far have just been getting the game not found script error. :unsure:

What is the ROM name listed in your Script for the game (search for GameName in the script)?

There were a couple of versions of this.  One that used a ROM name from a different table, and one specifically for Tom & Jerry.

outhere
                              @outhere

Everything you need comes with the game Except the back glass
                              but you may also be having this problem

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3880-cursor-disappears-vp-x-10-please-help/?tab=comments#comment-42286

Marcbud
                              Participant
                                @marcbud

Here you go Bob – and remember – you need a fairly new 3.2 beta for this to work. Remember to thank Carny guys. He does an amazing job for us.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/5465-tom-jerry-hollywood-heat-unofficial-mod/

For the first time … in a very long time – it seems that Toxie is actually the one with the newest VPM https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27063&page=1

That of course doesn’t support Stern color rom. Once 4683 or newer is available in the “regular for most ??” release thread will it support tomjerry.zip.

I am a new cab builder and had everything up and running great, including trochjochel’s awesome PUP Pack for Spiderman using his patched color ROM smanve_101c.zip.  Just beautiful!

Then I upgraded to the latest Toxie 3.2 VPM release and BAM – the dreaded “Game Name Not Found” pops up directly related to the rom name.  Using VPM Setup/Test, the ROM smanve_101c is not even listed (any more).  I went through all the forums regarding this problem, tried everything, nothing worked, and then I found this post which makes me think that the change to remove / disable color ROM support might have been intentional on his part?  :scratch:

Can you recommend a version that I could revert to to overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Marcbud

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

That makes perfect sense. The official VPM is still “hosted” on VPF and the colored match VPM is on VPU. You just need to do that you did again, but this time with the file from the beta tread on VPU that is once again newer than the official.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/?page=3

outhere
                                    @outhere
                                    Marcbud
                                    Participant
                                      @marcbud

That makes perfect sense. The official VPM is still “hosted” on VPF and the colored match VPM is on VPU. You just need to do that you did again, but this time with the file from the beta tread on VPU that is once again newer than the official.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/?page=3

That worked like a hammer, Thalamus, you sir, are Sparticus! :yahoo:   :good:    Thank you so much!

I have obviously inadvertently stepped on a topic of artistic / political difference between the two sites, I appreciate your help tremendously!

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

It isn’t that much of a “political” question anymore. It used to be that SAM was not welcome on VPF.  As I understand it. The way the color stuff is implemented isn’t really how the main devs want it to be for the future. It just seems that it has been like this for a while now and there is no focus/priority given to include it into the official. Maybe 3.3 ? Maybe 3.4 ? Who knows. I guess only Toxie can answer that one :)

nickbuol
                                        Participant
                                          @nickbuol

Anyone have any further thoughts on why T&J is stopping when asking for high score initials?  Seems like a few of us are having this problem.  I wanted to wait to ask again until the previous question about SAM betas and color ROMs was sorted.

Thanks.

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

I believe I saw this myself. Do you mind testing if the same happens for Hollywood Heat that this table is based upon ?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 257 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?