Tommy Pinball VPinMame Unity 64bit

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Ian Pretorius
    Participant
      @shaderbytes

Hi Everyone

Here is the video showing my table and game play. I recorded this video using medium settings this time round because otherwise the file size of the video to upload is astronomical. So its HD but medium bitrate. The actual game is obviously more crisp than this video.

Many things were done with even more detail than my previous table.

• All holes in the playfield are actually cut out ( every single hole )

• All scoops and saucers and VUKs are 100 physics driven… eg : The balls actually fall into these holes into a subway and activate switches , kickers to shoot them out etc. The saucer I made a magnetic field grab the ball and a kicker which kicks it out – other ball are capable of knocking it loose from this grab etc..

• Physics changed again. Flippers are even more responsive now. Still chasing the holy grail of best settings hehe. I did use another PAPA tommy tutorial video to study ball play. You will notice in my game play it is possible to back hand the right flipper into the VUK just as he does in his video.

• I do have the alternate sound files and had them working but the was a short sight in the current VPinMame code to not allow volume control. So I removed it for now until it’s fixed.

The table is basically finished but I need to just consolidate the menu stuff and some settings controls between my two tables now and then I will upload the game and share the link.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      ozg
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

that looks amazing :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
          @freneticamnesic
          vipModeratorMember

I want to try it

Punch it!

Ian Pretorius
          Participant
            @shaderbytes

It wont be long until I upload the game to try out .. maybe give me two days or so ;)  :good:

ninuzzu
            Participant
              @ninuzzu
              vipMember

Very very nice.

Ian Pretorius
              Participant
                @shaderbytes

Thanks @ninuzzu

If you remember a while back you were kind enough to point me to your table ( when it was still beta )  to source the plastics images ;) I also used you mirror motor and rail slide sound files. Extremely helpful.

ninuzzu
                Participant
                  @ninuzzu
                  vipMember

:good:

You can use everything you need from it. I recorded all the sounds from the real table.. some of them are really cool

(mirror hit and propellers among the others)

Ian Pretorius
                  Participant
                    @shaderbytes

Hey everyone

Thanks for the kind words ;)

Here is an installer for the game :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5GQag5iS_vzWHZDazNFZVNIOTg/view?usp=sharing

I added in more sound effects, upgraded the pop bumpers model and textures , fixed a collider and made adjustments to some switches .. a whole bunch of small tweaks, Oh and also I coded the extra ball button to be functional. ( for those who might not know if you hold this button while pressing the start button you can play the entire game with the blinders up )

Let me know if you encounter any serious flaws

@ninuzzu
                    I used some more sounds now .. thanks again ;)

thanks

ozg
                    randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Going to try this in a bit… Will report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for IOS and Android

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

WOW does it ever look great! how do you get to options? tried holding ctrl while clicking exe but nothing showed up… is this any easier to build in then vp or same? harder? looks so nice

Edit: I got it to options.

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

Ian Pretorius
                        Participant
                          @shaderbytes

Thanks randr

Well I cant really compare building to VP because I have never built a table in it ;) One thing for sure is better is that the Unity editor is in 3D. In fact except for Post effect filters in the game view, the editor view is exactly like the game.

unity_editor

Attachments:
                          randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

OMG thats so nice! i will say its “easier” :) but maybe not “easier” 3d editor looks great!

Any chance of adding rotation for portrait? also mapping keys is hard as nothing is labeled for what it does but start

for IOS and Android

ozg
                            Participant
                              @netweight

Hey everyone Thanks for the kind words ;) Here is an installer for the game : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5GQag5iS_vzWHZDazNFZVNIOTg/view?usp=sharing I added in more sound effects, upgraded the pop bumpers model and textures , fixed a collider and made adjustments to some switches .. a whole bunch of small tweaks, Oh and also I coded the extra ball button to be functional. ( for those who might not know if you hold this button while pressing the start button you can play the entire game with the blinders up ) Let me know if you encounter any serious flaws @ninuzzu I used some more sounds now .. thanks again ;) thanks

Why in the hell aren’t people talking about this Unity version. I’ve tried every visual/virtual pin software, Future, Unit, VP, PA and the different physics. Unity takes the cake, installs easy, I can actually aim a shot, the physics are superior to anything out, the lighting and graphics are amazing, you can adjust everything with sliders in the menu, plus being able to scroll, zoom, pan and more. Holy crap, how did everyone miss this, with only a few posts, really! If this were for sale, I would get rid of every PA table just to have Unity Tommy. This is the best virtual pinball table that I have ever played (period). Thank you so much Ian, you are the new GOD of pinball table recreation.

I do like physmod5 for ball weight and gravity (second choice).

I can see someones old paint cans, other junk in a garage and garage doors when I zoom in on the table. The reflection off the glass, when you look at the inside sides of the table, close up, it’s an upside down garage/room. Kinda odd.

The only thing wrong is the giant Tommy pinball on top of the cab. The whole ball should be visible. But maybe you meant to do it that way.

CarnyPriest
                              Participant
                                @carnypriest

No one said this wasn’t really good. The developer tried to do some crowdfunding, the campaign failed, and he moved on. What are you going to do?

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

really is that what happened?

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

I thought that was tmek and his Pinball Labs kickstarter?  same guy, or did more than one do that?

CarnyPriest
                                    Participant
                                      @carnypriest

I thought that was tmek and his Pinball Labs kickstarter? same guy, or did more than one do that?

Oh, yeah. I got my aborted projects confused!

Dark
                                        @dark
                                        vipMemberContributor

It seems like something like this just doesn’t want to become freely available for ‘our community’ to make tables with.  I’ve pitched the idea of starting to develop on a current gen platform to fuzzel and toxie so many times now I’ve become a broken record and have given up.  I suggested that vpx in it’s current state is good enough to last us a few more years, which is why NOW would be a good time to start developing our next platform.  However every time I suggest the idea it gets shot down with answers like “oh we can achieve much of that still in DX9”, “Unreal would be boring (as a dev)”, “still lot’s can be done with VPX” etc etc.  Now I realise I sound like a bit of an ass contradicting what our beloved vp devs have said, but really all you have to do is look at the demo videos above (unity) or look at pinball labs (Unreal) demo videos and anyone with eyeballs can tell you VP looks dated and the current gen platforms look amazing in comparison.  The amount of performance VPX requires just for all the extra AA effects to make the table’s ‘jaggies’ look somewhat acceptable is just ridiculous….4xAA makes a huge performance hit and still doesn’t look as good as the video above which as the author stated was filmed at lower settings.  Just look at the flippers, the lighting and shadows around them is so smooth they look like a 3D render…..they look realistic.  When I see the potential in Unity, or Unreal I can’t help but feel like I’m just wasting my time with VPX as all it would take is one of these current gen platforms to become more widely available to table builders to render vpx obsolete.

I feel like maybe the VP devs are scared of venturing forward and or perhaps they are just comfortable polishing VPX for the rest of our days, but in any case they are the only devs out there working for free so I can’t blame them for not wanting to take on such a daunting project.  At the end of the day I’m just frustrated at how ‘stuck’ with DX9 I feel with no prospects of DX11 or 12 any where on the horizon.  One upside is at least with normal maps being supported now the models I make will still be viable in future platforms.

3dcreation

toxie
                                        Participant
                                          @toxie
                                          VP DEVMember

i know i’ll also sound like a broken record, but the thing is that a) i do not want to abort VPX yet, simply because it still has more potential in it and stuff that we can implement to increase gfx-realism ‘easily’, b) its more fun to code in your own engine and c) switching over to a new engine ‘from scratch’ is most likely not something that fuzzel and me can (and want?) to do in our spare time on our own.

you need somebody with enough continuous spare time on its hands, like mukuste or tmek did have back then when they did the work they did. otherwise its really really hardcore to keep the motivation and finish it all up in the end.

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

This unity table is amazing. I doubt! Love it. But I do love visual pinball and it will catch up eventually so until then I enjoy seeing these vpx tables push the limits :) kinda what makes it so cool but yes more work.

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?