Torch (Gottlieb 1980)

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

yeah, some of the inserts could use some work, I noticed that one as well.  I’ll see if I can get that corrected after the GOTW and put it out with the final release.

HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

Loving this table. I can’t stop playing with the chimes!
        One observation. Some of the insert lights are very dim when lit. It’s sometimes hard to tell if they are lit or not. Especially the right drop target “when lit” light. You can’t even tell it’s lit even if you’re looking right at it when it changes from off to on. I cranked the intensity up to 100 and at least it’s not visible, but still not bright.

I think Borg forgot the transmit setting
        for a quick fix turn on just layer 8 , then select the insert lights ,set them to the highlighted below
        then test and set the intensity for each insert to your to your liking…

drop_settings

Attachments:
        randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Never noticed the flipper shadow issue until you mention it can’t not see it now! Thanks for the update borgdog :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

STAT
          Participant
            @stefanaustria
            MemberContributor

Great Table goes to 1.0, thanks again BorgDog and thanks Mr. randr :rose:

Ben Logan2
            Participant
              @benlogan2

That playfield looks super sharp. This theme reminds me I need to get my ass back in shape (been saying this for three years).

Playfiled shadows on his one? I didn’t check the layers, but it seems like they’re added. Lighting looks extra nice. This one plays great, like all your EMs, BorgDog.

There’s one change I always make to VP EMs to match my perception of the real deal (with which I’m less familiar than BD, who owns a few of the I think): I bump up the strength of the outlane post rubbers to 1.15. Seems I often catch a break on outlane drains on EMs, and this seems to give a VP ball a fighting chance — maybe too much of one (!?)

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

I never touch anything BD makes. Find it kind of weird that two rubbers in the playfield has different physical properties than the rest. But, if it is to prevent drains to increase the playtime. Go for it. One thing I’m actually considering is looking at the top lanes. The left has a hit ratio of at least 90% from the plunger. Might be that it can be fixed by adjusting some elasticity of a rubber or two.

BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

Thanks guys, this is definitely a fun table that I would not have really considered as the theme is kind of blah, at least to me.   I have 5 of these gottlieb system 1 machines in my currently 6 machine collection and they all have a similar feel about how they play having basically the same mech strengths, slopes, and objects.  It’s the feel of the game overall more than the individual hits or shots that I try to get right and as Thalamus says how can those two rubbers be different than all the rest.  One of the things that I keep meaning to do is split out the rubbers on posts from rubber between posts into separate physics options as the ball does play somewhat differently off them, and did seriously consider doing it on this one, but it seems like a lot of work and the “feel” of the game seems right without it, or at least close enough, and I’m inherently lazy  :yes:

@thalamus
                  I think hitting the left lane on top 90% of the time may be related to plunger strength, which I think may be high on this one which doesn’t allow for much variableness (if that’s a word) in the plunge shot.  try lowering the plunger strength which would allow for more skill shot ability and a better chance of hitting the far left top lanes past the wheel on a soft plunge.  One of the things that does seem very different on my real machines is the plunger strength and rebound, some I think have stronger springs and newer bouncier rubber wheels than others, it is very noticeable.  They probably were pretty similar new, but 35+ years of replacement parts from different places results in more variations.

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

Yeah, I thought about changing the plunger strength as well. But, could not do that while the table was played in the competition. I began in the end to kind of manage to increase the hit percentage without changing anything. But, well, I’m lazy too. I really should have attached my V2 of zeb’s plunger. Might have helped out in this case. It’s been laying on the table waiting for maybe a month now. I’m kind of scared to change the current nudge unit, it works very well.

vicviper
                    Participant
                      @vicviper

I  see no scores

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

You playing full screen with a backglass or desktop? Check virtual dmd position maybe in your setup

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

vicviper
                        Participant
                          @vicviper

I’m playing desktop

BorgDog
                          Participant
                            @borgdog
                            MemberContributorvip

Some of the lower end graphics cards, particularity any Intel, for some reason don’t like to show light objects that are on the backdrop which is what I am using for the score displays. If that is the case, edit the script and change line 157 from hidden = 1 to hidden = 0 and the pinmame “dmd” will then display for the scoring.

vicviper
                            Participant
                              @vicviper

oh ok but I thought a 980ti is a high end card

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

that should work, do you have under Preferences, Keys Nudge and DOF, is Disable b2s checked?  if not it will not show the desktop lights.

vicviper
                                Participant
                                  @vicviper

thanks that’s was the problem

disable b2s was not checked

Hawyer
                                  Participant
                                    @hawyer

Love the roto target! Thanks

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?