Total Nuclear Annihilation – Welcome to the Future Edition

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/total-nuclear-annihilation-welcome-to-the-future-edition/

Total Nuclear Annihilation – Welcome to the Future Edition

The excellent VPX recreation of the smash hit pinball game from Scott Danesi and Spooky Pinball. Now updated with Pinup Player support for PUPDMD and a slick PuP-Pack.

VPX TABLE:

gtxjoe (table author, and directb2s)

“Hope you enjoy this table as much as I do. All gameplay and rules recreated based on watching Youtube videos over and over and over. I don’t know if I will ever conquer all 9 reactors but now I can focus on playing instead of building :) If you need a little help, you can adjust settings in the script. If you need a lot of help, the Extra Ball button will cycle through different training post setups.”

Mod Permissions

This release cannot be freely modded and needs explicit permissions from the author.

Acknowledgements

Thanks to all those that provided support in creating this table (PM me if you don’t mind your name on the credit list) Thanks to all that contribute to the VP hobby – authors, developers, testers, hobbyists

REQUIREMENTS:

– VPX 10.6

– UltraDMD (optional)

– Pinup Player 1.44 or higher (optional, for PUPDMD and PuP-Pack features)

– B2S Server 1.3.0.4 or higher (to allow the directb2s to display behind the Pup-Pack)

TABLE MUSIC:

This VPX table release comes with the free song from the TNA soundtrack available here:

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=19

– for the full music experience, you will need to BUY the TNA Album and convert the songs from FLAC format to mp3 format with a tool like this:  https://www.freac.org/

– rename all mp3 files to TNA1.mp3 through TNA10.mp3 and replace the existing mp3 files. (Scarlet.mp3 is not used)

– please show Scott Danesi your support and thanks for creating an awesome pinball game and for making the music available for us to buy.

PUPDMD and PUP-PACK:

– the Pinup Player update, PUPDMD, and PuP-Pack was Pinballfan2018’s original work with help from others in the community.

– this is not intended to be an “exact” replica of the original table’s LCD display, but it represents hard work from a passionate fan base.

– the result is a slick experience for the whole VPX community!

We hope you enjoy it!

Pinballfan2018:   PuP-Pack, PUPDMD

TerryRed:   PUPDMD-Code,GIF conversions,PuP-Pack updates

trochjochel:   PuP Media Help

Vaas (Joey B):   PuP Media Help

HiRez00:   PuP Media Help

NailBuster:   Pinup Player, PUPDMD

There are 3 PuP-Pack options (depending on your cabinet / setup):

PUPDMD on the Backglass:

For those who don’t have a dedicated fullsize 3rd monitor / TV for the PUPDMD text and videos.

PUPDMD on the Backglass with B2S:

Same as above, but setup to allow the 4 player score from the directb2s to show on the bottom.

PUPDMD on a Fullscreen:

Display the PUPDMD and Text on a 3rd dedicated 16:9 fullscreen. (similar to a modern Stern or TNA cabinet). This option allows you to also view the entire TNA Backglass at the same time.

TABLE SCRIPT OPTIONS

The top of the table script has options for many things including enabling / disabling UltraDMD, Pinup Player features, VPX Text on the Apron, different Balls, and much more!

Be sure to enable/disable what you do and don’t use!

A video demo of the table, PUPDMD and PuP-Pack in action can be seen here:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   IMPORTANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You MUST read the first post in the SUPPORT Tab for essential INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS for Pinup Player features, proper setup, and how to pick the right PuP-Pack!

If your are reading this on the SUPPORT TAB or the Download Support Topic… that means you need to scroll DOWN a little bit to see the “FIRST POST”.

Total of 86 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      TerryRed
        @terryred

“FIRST POST”

TABLE REQUIREMENTS, PUP-PACK and PUP setup for TNA

• PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BELOW! (after the videos)

A video demo of the table, PUPDMD and PuP-Pack in action can be seen here:

“PUPDMD on BG with B2S” – final Attract mode update.

Cabinet Gameplay demo:

TABLE REQUIREMENTS:

• Pinup Player 1.44 or higher is required for Pup-Pack and PUPDMD features
        • 1.3.0.4 B2S server (or higher)
        • VPX 10.6 or higher
        • UltraDMD (if using that feature)

The PuP wiki page has links to the latest version of the following items that are REQUIRED:

• everything you need for Visual Pinball and this table (the all in one installer for VPX, B2S Server, UltraDMD)
        • DOF R3++ for those who have cabinet hardware for feedback and lighting
        • direct link to the latest B2S Server
        • install files and setup guide for Pinup Player, and the latest UPDATE to PinUp Player
        • and all the other stuff you probably haven’t installed yet or probably need

PuP Wiki page:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

Installing Table and PuP-Pack Files:

• the VPX table goes into your Tables folder
        • the MP3 music files go into your Visual Pinball MUSIC folder
        • the PuP-Pack folder “tna” needs to be extracted from the zip file and copied to your PUPVideos folder.

TABLE SCRIPT OPTIONS:

Be sure to goto the top of the table script to enable / disable the options you do or don’t want to use such as:

• Pinup Player features (optional)
        • UltraDMD (optional)
        • Balls (glowing, magma, colours,etc)

PINUP PLAYER / PUP-PACK / PUPDMD setup and INFO (read everything please!)

Windows “Text and Scaling” / DPI must be set to 100 for ALL your TVs / screens!

PUP-PACKS:

There are 3 PuP-Pack options (depending on your cabinet / setup):

PUPDMD on the Backglass

For those who don’t have a dedicated fullsize 3rd monitor / TV for the PUPDMD text and videos.

PUPDMD on the Backglass with B2S

Same as above, but setup to allow the 4 player alphanumeric score from the directb2s to show on the bottom.

PUPDMD on a Fullscreen (similar to a modern Stern or TNA cabinet)

Display the PUPDMD and Text on a 3rd dedicated 16:9 fullscreen. This option allows you to also view the entire TNA Backglass at the same time.

PINUP PLAYER DISPLAYS

Pup Backglass display MUST be a proper 16:9 ratio such as:

– 1920×1080, 1366×768, 1280×720

Cabinets users with a 3rd LCD screen that is 16:9 ratio or full size (similar to the real TNA cabinet, or a modern Stern cabinet):

– your Pup Music display must be positioned on that 3rd screen and at 16:9 ratio (1920×1080, 1366×768, 1280×720)

Square Backglass Users (4:3/5:4 ratio monitors, or vertical Backglass with lots of space)

– if you have a square backglass monitor such as a 1280×1024 screen… then you still must use a 16:9 ratio (1280×720 for example) for your pup backglass display size.
        – its up to you to decide what to do with the leftover space below the pup Backglass (PUPDMD on Fullscreen, Topper, etc)
        – you can use a custom pinupplayer.ini for this table only and paste it in the pup-pack folder. When the pup-pack starts it will use that ini instead of the default one.

For both the “PUPDMD on Backglass” pup-packs, the pup Backglass screen 2 is referenced for size and position of the PUPDMD display and pup Backglass videos.
        For the “PUPDMD on Fullscreen” pup-pack, the pup Music screen 4 is referenced for size and position of the PUPDMD display and videos.

ALL PUP-PACKs are designed for a 16:9 ratio, which is a MUST for the PUPDMD text to display correctly!

– it’s VERY important to have the PuP Backglass and PuP Music displays at a proper 16:9 ratio, or the text will NOT display correctly
        – the pup displays can be configured with the PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat

DIRECTB2S

– the “PUPDMD on the Backglass with B2S” pup-pack version leaves a space at the bottom on the Backglass for the directb2s 4 player alphanumeric score.
        – you MUST be sure you have latest b2s server and have “Bring BG Form To Top” unchecked in the b2s server settings (to keep the B2S under the pup-pack).
        – if you don’t want a directb2s running at all (or aren’t using it), then it’s best to not have it in your Tables folder, and only use the PuP-Pack

FRONT-END MEDIA and other programs

Be sure you don’t have anything else running / displaying in the areas of the pup-pack or pupdmd displays, that you don’t want to use, etc such as UltraDMD or anything else that may take focus away from the pup-pack layers. Make sure you don’t have any front-end media still being displayed in those areas either when the table is launched.

DO NOT make changes to the pup-pack settings. They are set the way they are for a reason.

• if you are having issues trying to get the pup-pack to work correctly on your multiscreen cabinet… DO NOT make changes to the pup-pack settings. They are set the way they are on each version for a reason!
        • ok…. only for these reasons you can make a change…read below…

PRO TIP#1 for “PUPDMD on Backglass” users only!

• ok… if you have the table and pup-pack and pupdmd working correctly and completely FIRST…. then users of the “PUPDMD on Backglass” versions can make the fullscreen splash videos (that don’t use pup text) play in fullscreen on their entire backglass if they want.
        • Using the pup-pack editor, change Screen 13’s CustomPos to 2,0,0,100,100. This tells pup to use screen 2 as a reference screen, positions the top left at x=0, y=0. Then uses Screen 2’s size for a width of 100% and height of 100%.
        • DO NOT do this if you are using the “PUPDMD on a Fullscreen” on a 3rd screen, as certain aspects of the PUPDMD text and videos won’t display / work correctly. You guys already have a fullscreen for your stuff!

PRO TIP#2 for PUPDMD on a Fullscreen users only! (Pup-pack and B2S / 4 player score on the backglass)

If you want to use the PUPDMD on a Fullscreen pup-pack and also see the B2S 4 player score on the backglass…

Then edit the tna pup-pack using the pup-pack editor and your options are:

• turn off the pup backglass screen 2 and show only the directb2s

…. OR …..

• change Screen 2 (Backglass) CustomPos to 2,0,0,100,90 (this will size the pup backglass to leave space for the B2S 4 player score to be seen)

Single Screen / Desktop Users:

I haven’t had a chance to fully test if the PuP-Packs will work properly in a single screen setup. Normally using “PuP-Packs on Top” works for most pup-packs (but may require some editing), but there is no guarantee it will work:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pup-packs-on-top-use-pup-packs-on-a-single-screen-desktop-view-fp-vpx-fx3-etc/

KNOWN ISSUES:

There is a known bug (we haven’t been able to remove completely) with the hi-score name entry.

Sometimes the “Enter Your Initials” wont go away after entering your name. The game will continue on however.

Also, sometimes the HI-SCORE pup video doesn’t always display. These two issues may be related…but we haven’t yet found a solution.

This first post will have the most up to date info on any changes / updates for the table and pup-pack.

FAQ:

“I can’t get Pinup Player working right…”

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

“I only get one song… why don’t I have more music?”

You have to BUY the music from Scott Danesi. Read the DESCRIPTION Tab on the download page.

“I don’t want the PuP stuff…can I still play the table?”

I think you’re looney for missing out on a cool VP experience… however Pup is NOT required to play this table, but it is required to use PuP features.

“Can you change a bunch of stuff to accomodate me?”

No

“Why doesn’t the PUP stuff look exactly the same as the real table?”

No rom, no original video / media assets, no professional animators = made by the community for free, on their own time, with what they had available to use.

“The GIF animations don’t look nice for me…they are pixelated with black dots.”

GIFs don’t scale down very well. This happens if you run your PUP Backglass or Music Display at a different resolution than 1920×1080.

“Where can I show my thanks or give a Like?”

In the SUPPORT Tab of the download page.

INFORMATION ABOUT THE CREATION OF THE PUP-PACK and PUP-DMD UPDATE

PUPDMD, and PuP-Pack (videos,etc) was Pinballfan2018’s work (over months) with help from others in the community

@Pinballfan2018
        :   PuP-Pack, PUPDMD
        TerryRed:   PUPDMD,GIF conversions,Code,PuP-Pack updates

@trochjochel
        :   PuP Media Help (Welcome to the Future video)

@Joey
        B:   PuP Media Help (main display frame)

@HiRez00
        :   PuP Media Help (cassette mix tape video in attract)

@NailBuster
        :   Pinup Player, PUPDMD framework

I (TerryRed) came in about 1.5 weeks ago, and added the more advanced PUPDMD stuff, and code, fixed up stuff, used GIFs in a PuP-Pack for the first time (which had some challenges), edited some videos, packaged everything up, etc. Lots of trial and error and non stop work for 1 week.

…but the majority of the work on the pup-pack and other stuff before that was all from @Pinballfan2018.

I know I promote things a lot, and I was the poster of the table and pup-pack here… but i want everyone to know who’s original work this was.

Enjoy everyone!

Total of 22 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
        Joey Beaulieu
        Participant
          @godisnothere

Fantastik work guys! I cant beleive how well this is all put together, IT surpasesses the real thing for sur. WAy that go! Thank you Thank you! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

The Overlayer Slayer

Peter222
          Participant
            @swietlikowa

A masterpiece, thanks!

STAT
            Participant
              @stefanaustria
              MemberContributor

Tha-a-anks Guys :good: … if i remember correctly, i did some Works with the directb2s Image ;-)
              Doesn’t matter, full Credits to the Masters here :good: ^ 2

The Loafer
              Participant
                @theloafer

Thanks to GtxJoe, Peter and Terry and all other contributors.  Also special thanks to Scott Danesi who IMHO, has made the best and most original new pin in years.  Your music is top Scott and I hope people support this release via purchasing your music pack.

This is a fantastic release; welcome to the future!!!

dcbob2
                Participant
                  @dcbob2

Nicely done again!  Very easy to understand how to modify it to play on a single monitor! :good:

The Loafer
                  Participant
                    @theloafer

does anyone know the changes between version 1.4 and 1.5?  I am just curious I’ve not tried the table yet, about to!

TerryRed
                      @terryred

does anyone know the changes between version 1.4 and 1.5? I am just curious I’ve not tried the table yet, about to!

Changes are on the Changelog TAB :)

crazy4cab
                      Participant
                        @lorenzo

Another T-Red’s Piece of Art!! :good:

Thank you, thank you very much to share this beauty!! :yahoo:
                        This is one of the best and appropriate quarantine table!! B-)

The Loafer
                        Participant
                          @theloafer

does anyone know the changes between version 1.4 and 1.5? I am just curious I’ve not tried the table yet, about to!

Changes are on the Changelog TAB :)

i thought I had checked earlier and hadn’t seen it. Thanks

Badazzwi
                          Participant
                            @badazzwi

Simply amazing. It looks so good on a cab with the full screen pupdmd. Thank you to all involved and thank you for sharing.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

st3ph3n
                            Participant
                              @st3ph3n

In case anyone else is having the same problem I had getting the directb2s version of this pack to work properly, in order to see the setting TerryRed mentions (Bring BG Form to Top), you have to set the backglass to run in EXE mode. In the default dll mode that setting won’t be visible. Once I ran it in EXE mode and unchecked that box, everything works great.

TerryRed
                                @terryred

To clarify guys….

VPX Table:

• @gtxjoe (I don’t know who else helped with the table…but it was mostly joe’s work I think)

directb2s:

• @gtxjoe, and @STAT, I guess you helped with that? (thanks if you did!)

PUP-PACK, initial PUPDMD

• PUPDMD, and PuP-Pack (videos,etc) was Pinballfan2018’s work (over months) with help from others in the community

@Pinballfan2018
                                : PuP-Pack, PUPDMD
                                TerryRed: PUPDMD,GIF conversions,Code,PuP-Pack updates

@trochjochel
                                : PuP Media Help (Welcome to the Future video)

@Joey
                                B: PuP Media Help (main display frame)

@HiRez00
                                : PuP Media Help (cassette mix tape video in attract)

@NailBuster
                                : Pinup Player, PUPDMD framework

I came in about 1.5 weeks ago, and added the more advanced PUPDMD stuff, and code, fixed up stuff, used GIFs in a PuP-Pack for the first time (which had some challenges), edited some videos, packaged everything up, etc. Lots of trial and error and non stop work for 1 week.

…but the majority of the work on the pup stuff before that was from @Pinballfan2018. Give props to him… especially since he works in the medical field during this challenging time.

I know I promote things a lot, and I was the poster of the table and pup-pack here… but i want everyone to know who’s original work this was.

Thanks for the compliments!

Post some pics of it on your cabinets…or better yet…some video!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                HiRez00
                                Participant
                                  @hirez00

Made a quick wheel for the Pup version. Its a slightly modified version that came with GTXJoe’s original table. This way you can keep both in the same cab.

TNA-Pup

Gwen
                                  Participant
                                    @gwen

Fantastic work guys!  This is really beautiful…  Thanks so much for doing this!

Gwen
                                    - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

Peter222
                                    Participant
                                      @swietlikowa

Is it possible for the “PUPDMD on a Fullscreen” version to be displayed on the topper screen?

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

Is it possible for the “PUPDMD on a Fullscreen” version to be displayed on the topper screen?

If your Topper is a 16:9 screen which has space for a 16:9 ratio pup display, yes….

Otherwise…as the instructions state…. the pup displays used MUST be a 16:9 ratio, or the text won’t work correctly.

jcksu3
                                        Participant
                                          @jcksu3

Great work on this. It’s amazing!!

I seem to have to ‘alt-tab’ to bring pup screen 11 up.  I played around with the pup-pack settings to try to force it up, but then it covers the DMD and that does not display.  Anyone else running into this issue?

outhere
                                            @outhere
                                            MemberContributorvipModerator

Info about your setup may help

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 173 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?