Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Gwen
    Participant
    @gwen

Great work on this. It’s amazing!!

I seem to have to ‘alt-tab’ to bring pup screen 11 up. I played around with the pup-pack settings to try to force it up, but then it covers the DMD and that does not display. Anyone else running into this issue?

I am having the same issue with the Z-order of the pup-screens.

Gwen
    - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

dustancrouch
    Participant
    @dustancrouch

Wow! Fantastic job guys! Thank you so much for all your time and work on this upgrade! Absolutely beautiful!

Peter222
    Participant
    @swietlikowa

If your Topper is a 16:9 screen which has space for a 16:9 ratio pup display, yes….

Otherwise…as the instructions state…. the pup displays used MUST be a 16:9 ratio, or the text won’t work correctly.

I have LCD divided into 2 parts (topper and dmd). Topper is 860 x 368  (so not exactly 16:9). I understand it’ s not possible to display it there? Must it be exactly 16:9? Is it at all possible to display it on a split screen or must there be a dedicated screen for this?

TerryRed
    @terryred
    MemberContributorModerator

If your Topper is a 16:9 screen which has space for a 16:9 ratio pup display, yes….

Otherwise…as the instructions state…. the pup displays used MUST be a 16:9 ratio, or the text won’t work correctly.

I have LCD divided into 2 parts (topper and dmd). Topper is 860 x 368 (so not exactly 16:9). I understand it’ s not possible to display it there? Must it be exactly 16:9? Is it at all possible to display it on a split screen or must there be a dedicated screen for this?

As CLEARLY stated… it MUST be 16:9, or it wont work correctly. So no, a split screen wont work. Keep it on the BG.

TerryRed
    @terryred

Great work on this. It’s amazing!!

I seem to have to ‘alt-tab’ to bring pup screen 11 up. I played around with the pup-pack settings to try to force it up, but then it covers the DMD and that does not display. Anyone else running into this issue?

I am having the same issue with the Z-order of the pup-screens.

Again… need info on your setup guys… and what pup-pack you are using, what options you have enabled like ultradmd,etc.

Read and follow ALL the directions, as everyone’s setup is different.

DO NOT make changes to the pup-pack settings…they are set the way they are for a reason.

If you have a directb2s…. remove it and see if if runs fine. Be sure you don’t have UltraDMD displaying underneath or somewhere else causing a problem. Disable it if using it to be sure. If you have a Topper video enabled from the pup-pack or a front-end,etc… be sure those are NOT still running when the table is launched. Try running without a front-end.

Be sure you have the 1.44 version of pup installed.

If you have nothing else running or displayed on the BG / screen you are using for pupdmd…. then you should have no problems with z-order. Something else then, is causing the problem…. not pup.

Badazzwi
    Participant
    @badazzwi

20200321_141152

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

oddzilla
    Participant
    @oddzilla

Phenomenal work, all involved!

This table and PuP pack look great and the theme works really well for Virtual tables.

Excited to give this a try on my WIP vpin table.

Really can’t express how grateful I am for all y’all hard work.

TerryRed
    @terryred

PRO TIP for “PUPDMD on Backglass” users only!

• ok… if you have the table and pup-pack and pupdmd working correctly and completely FIRST…. then users of the “PUPDMD on Backglass” versions can make the fullscreen splash videos (that don’t use pup text) play in fullscreen on their entire backglass if they want.
    • Using the pup-pack editor, change Screen 13’s CustomPos to 2,0,0,100,100. This tells pup to use screen 2 as a reference screen, positions the top left at x=0, y=0. Then uses Screen 2’s size for a width of 100% and height of 100%.
    • DO NOT do this if you are using the “PUPDMD on a Fullscreen” on a 3rd screen, as certain aspects of the PUPDMD text and videos won’t display / work correctly. You guys already have a fullscreen for your stuff!

ScottyC
    Participant
    @scottyc

I was able to fix the alt-tab pup screen 11 thing on my setup by unchecking the Bring BG form to Top option in B2S. Haven’t had any issues since.  Only issue I have is that Ultra DMD process is not killed on table exit.

My setup:
    Running the “tna – PuP-Pack1 – PUPDMD on Backglass with B2S”
    2 screen setup with pindmd3.
    B2s 1.3.0.4
    PinupPlayer 1.4.4
    Ultradmd enabled.

Here’s a quick video of how it was behaving before changing the B2S options.  (HQ processing still in progress at time of posting)

TerryRed
    @terryred

Yup…. the “install Instructions” mention about  “Bring BG form to Top” option in B2S needs to be unchecked if using a direcctb2s.

As for UltraDMD not closing with PinDMD3, can’t help you there…. but the table is closing it correctly as far as I see.

Most people who have problems with UltraDMD not closing correctly… are almost always with Real DMDs. Since the problem pops up with pup based tables more often…they assume pup is the problem…but it isn’t.

I know others have fixed that issue before…. but I don’t know the solution myself…. but I’m sure it revolves around using the correct dll in the right place,etc.

Not sure if any task kills or other solutions will help or be ideal to use.

Personally…. if you can’t find a solution… I would disable UltraDMD, and just have a nice image on there while playing… I mean the pup update kind of defeats the need for using it.

jcksu3
    Participant
    @jcksu3

My setup:
    Running the “tna – PuP-Pack2 – PUPDMD on Backglass” i’ve also tried the one with B2S
    B2s 1.3.0.4
    PinupPlayer 1.4.4

Pinup Popper 1.4.1
    Ultradmd disabled.

What i’ve noticed is if I reboot my computer and TNA is the first game I play, it works fine. If I play other tables and come back to TNA, I need to alt-tab to bring screen 11 to focus.

Same behavior with the B2s.  I have the Bring BG Form unchecked.

ScottyC
    Participant
    @scottyc

Yup…. the “install Instructions” mention about “Bring BG form to Top” option in B2S needs to be unchecked if using a direcctb2s.

Personally…. if you can’t find a solution… I would disable UltraDMD, and just have a nice image on there while playing… I mean the pup update kind of defeats the need for using it.

hehe, I totally missed that 1 liner in the instructions.. DOH. I totally agree with ya, think I’m just gonna disable UltraDMD and call it good. This pup is right up there with Tron!

TerryRed
    @terryred

My setup:

Running the “tna – PuP-Pack2 – PUPDMD on Backglass” i’ve also tried the one with B2S

B2s 1.3.0.4

PinupPlayer 1.4.4

Pinup Popper 1.4.1

Ultradmd disabled.

What i’ve noticed is if I reboot my computer and TNA is the first game I play, it works fine. If I play other tables and come back to TNA, I need to alt-tab to bring screen 11 to focus.

Same behavior with the B2s. I have the Bring BG Form unchecked.

It sounds like things are good the first time… but when exiting…something is causing a crash/not getting closed out…so things don’t work after that because you have a running process that is messed up.

Sadly, I don’t have a real DMD so I can’t help you out.

I know Win 7 can be more picky with this stuff….and like I mentioned… sometimes using the wrong dll in the wrong place causes this with pup and a real DMD.

Gamemodder36
    Participant
    @gamemodder

Hey Terry could you tell me what the original PUPDMD on Backglass with B2S setup was. I messed mine up. Heres a pic of what im talking about.image

DeathInc
    Participant
    @deathincclan

Thank you Terry!!  Great Job!!

Gamemodder36
    Participant
    @gamemodder

I fixed it.

TerryRed
    @terryred

Hey Terry could you tell me what the original PUPDMD on Backglass with B2S setup was. I messed mine up. Heres a pic of what im talking about.image

….  ? …..

Just copy over the files from the zip again.

Manolo / ICE
    Participant
    @kamerik

Supercool ! Thanks guys !

0Cool
    Participant
    @0cool

Terry and all others involved, a big thank you! It’s looking fabulous. Instant favorite here!! Terry, you are a true legend! Thanks again!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

TerryRed
    @terryred

Terry and all others involved, a big thank you! It’s looking fabulous. Instant favorite here!! Terry, you are a true legend! Thanks again!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

The big thanks goes to @Pinballfan2018 as most of the Pup related stuff was his work.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW