Total Nuclear Annihilation – Welcome to the Future Edition

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    Gwen
    Participant
      @gwen

My z-order issue was resolved by making sure the files from the pinup popper 1.44 update were all unblocked.  I already loved this table and now it is just incredible with the new pup pack! =)

Gwen
      - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

Shannon
      Participant
        @shannon1

This was already one of my favorite table that just got even better!!! I encourage everyone to go over to Scott Danesi’s website and purchase all of the music.  Thank you to the team for bringing us this game.

Brew
        Participant
          @brew

Awesome job guys! Thanks for all the time and effort to make this table even more fun!

yobrewster
          Participant
            @yobrewster

This is some amazing work, thank you very much for all your hard work and dedication.  I’m loving it!

hworths1545
            Participant
              @hworths1545

I am truly amazed by this fabulous table by a talented team of VPX designers and enthusiasts.

I purchased the entire soundtrack.

Thanks for bringing this table to life in the VPX world.

I am experiencing one issue where I need help.

I am using PinballY as my front end and I can see the 4 score windows at the bottom of the backglass only if I launch the VPX table from Windows 10.  When I launch the table from the PinballY frontend it plays fine and all PUPs are working, but Form 1 containing the 4 score windows at the bottom of the backglass does NOT appear.  If I ALT-TAB, I can see Form 1 containing the 4 score windows, but it does not show when launched from Windows 10.

Here is my setup:

Windows 10

PinballY Frontend

3 screen setup (4k playfield, 1920 x 1080 backglass, 1920 x 1080 topper)

Using the tna – PuP-Pack1 – PUPDMD on Backglass with B2S

B2s 1.3.0.4

PinupPlayer 1.4.4

UltraDMD disabled

Backglass “Bring BG form to Top” option in B2S is unchecked

Thanks!

outhere
                @outhere
                MemberContributorvipModerator

When you launch the game from the visual pinball editor does everything work right

TerryRed
                  @terryred
                  MemberContributorModerator

I am truly amazed by this fabulous table by a talented team of VPX designers and enthusiasts.

I purchased the entire soundtrack.

Thanks for bringing this table to life in the VPX world.

I am experiencing one issue where I need help.

I am using PinballY as my front end and I can see the 4 score windows at the bottom of the backglass only if I launch the VPX table from Windows 10. When I launch the table from the PinballY frontend it plays fine and all PUPs are working, but Form 1 containing the 4 score windows at the bottom of the backglass does NOT appear. If I ALT-TAB, I can see Form 1 containing the 4 score windows, but it does not show when launched from Windows 10.

Here is my setup:

Windows 10

PinballY Frontend

3 screen setup (4k playfield, 1920 x 1080 backglass, 1920 x 1080 topper)

Using the tna – PuP-Pack1 – PUPDMD on Backglass with B2S

B2s 1.3.0.4

PinupPlayer 1.4.4

UltraDMD disabled

Backglass “Bring BG form to Top” option in B2S is unchecked

Thanks!

Yes, as outhere mentioned…. if it all works fine with no front end… then chances are PBY is doing something you don’t want.

Do you have your PBY backglass media turned off when this table is launched?

Friffy1
                  Participant
                    @friffy1

Been playing 1.4!  SO much fun!  Downloading 1.5 and the pup packs right now and I can’t wait!

Also, BUY THE MUSIC FOR THIS TABLE, PLEASE!

apophis
                    Participant
                      @massie

My dreams have come true. Thanks so much for this awesome table!

HiRez00
                      Participant
                        @hirez00

This is probably a silly question, BUT …

I like to keep 2 versions of any table that pup packs are made for … 1). The pup version, and 2.) The original non-pup version.

Previously, the pup packs are made for rom tables, and I add the line: .PuPHide = 1 to the table script after the “.Games(cGameName).Settings.value(“sound”) = 1” line that is commonly found to the copy of the table I don’t want to run the pup pack. This has worked for every other table, thus far.

For this table , I can’t seem to find the where to put that line in the script because there isn’t a “.Games(cGameName).Settings.value(“sound”) = 1” line anywhere.

Is there a line I can put somewhere to make this work?

BTW: Great work and thank to everyone involved – this is a great pup-pack!

Mark70
                        Participant
                          @mark70

Fantastic work, and the PUP Pack is a great addition to the game!
                          Thanks to everyone involved in table, PUP pack and music (see first post for details)!

The Pro Tip for full screen splash videos is also working very well.

I suggest buying the complete music!

Friffy1
                          Participant
                            @friffy1

Upgraded to 1.5 and PuP Pack and, well, the table’s still amazing! ;-)

Like some others, I can NOT get the B2S display shine through on my 3-screen setup.  Really missing seeing the scores at the bottom.

Here’s the thing though….  I’m using the PUPDMD on Fullscreen PuP videos.  According to the description, there’s supposed to be room at the bottom for the scores.  But I’m not seeing any room at the bottom.  Far as I can tell, backglass_1 is 1920 x 1080.  Completely fills my 2560 x 1440 backglass display.  I don’t see how this would ever work.

Now, if I CHECK Bring BG Form To Top I definitely get the directb2s screen.  But I was under the impression that I could use the PuP backglass and still have the scores at the bottom from the directb2s.  Which would be nice because the subtle backglass changes in the PuP Pack are very nice.

Just not seeing how this would work.

Thanks for any assistance!

Jopp
                            Participant
                              @joppnl

Great pack, thanks!

Took me a while to get it right for a 3 scrn + pin2dmd setup but everything fine now, stutter free.

Now, as I like to understand things and I’m busy with PuP:

In the triggers I see a lot of Dx triggers where x can be 1 but also up to 908.

After I followed all the instructions on Wiki and on the instruction video’s  I do know that a Dtrigger is a Display trigger but…

with this pack I do not see any display subfolder neither I see any Display captures….

So…where are they hiding? I looked in the scrips but (unless I overlook something..) can’t find it there as well….

So…what;s the secret here??

Thanks!

My favorite pinball machine?
                              Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

outhere
                                @outhere
                                MemberContributorvipModerator

Look in the table script for — PuPEvent

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                hworths1545
                                Participant
                                  @hworths1545

Thanks, Terry Red, for the suggestion.

I tried Backglass media ON and OFF in PinballY front end and the 4 score windows will still NOT show at the bottom of the screen.  I see a blank space for the scores to appear at the bottom of the backglass, but Form 1 containing the 4 score windows is not loading when using the PinballY front end.

Is anyone having success with the 4 score windows showing at the bottom of the backglass when using either PinballX or Pinup Popper?

I can ALT-TAB and get the scores to show, but when launching from PinballY, still a NO GO.

Again, the 4 score Windows do show when launching the TNA VPX table from Windows 10.

Looks like others are experiencing the same issue.

Any help will be appreciated.

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

I like to keep 2 versions of any table that pup packs are made for … 1). The pup version, and 2.) The original non-pup version.

Previously, the pup packs are made for rom tables, and I add the line: .PuPHide = 1 to the table script after the “.Games(cGameName).Settings.value(“sound”) = 1” line that is commonly found to the copy of the table I don’t want to run the pup pack. This has worked for every other table, thus far.

For this table , I can’t seem to find the where to put that line in the script because there isn’t a “.Games(cGameName).Settings.value(“sound”) = 1” line anywhere.

I guess I made things too easy with this table :)

Well “mostly”…

For this table…there isn’t a pup / no pup version. It’s now all the same. You simply disable the pup features on the line:

Const UsePinup = 1 '0 = Off. 1 = Enable PinUp Player features (pup-pack, pupdmd)

I updated the table so that it will check to see if pup is installed. If pup is not installed at all…. it doesn’t matter if you have pup enabled in the table script… the table will then NOT use any PuP functions at all. They are completely bypassed. If pup is installed and the above line is disabled… it does the same things and wont use any pup features.

So if you want a pup and non-pup table…. make a copy of the table and disable that line…. BUT….

…that doesn’t stop the pup-pack from “starting up” because in this case the pupb2s driver kicks in and starts the pup-pack when B2S server is used (for directb2s and DOF support).

So you would also need to use one of the methods on this page to stop the pup-pack from starting up:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_optional

I prefer Option 2 (and I fought tooth and nail to get that added) because it works with everything when using Popper.

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

Thanks, Terry Red, for the suggestion.

I tried Backglass media ON and OFF in PinballY front end and the 4 score windows will still NOT show at the bottom of the screen. I see a blank space for the scores to appear at the bottom of the backglass, but Form 1 containing the 4 score windows is not loading when using the PinballY front end.

Is anyone having success with the 4 score windows showing at the bottom of the backglass when using either PinballX or Pinup Popper?

I can ALT-TAB and get the scores to show, but when launching from PinballY, still a NO GO.

Again, the 4 score Windows do show when launching the TNA VPX table from Windows 10.

Looks like others are experiencing the same issue.

Any help will be appreciated.

In that case, I would try NOT installing the pup-pack at first until you are able to figure out why PBY is preventing the directb2s from loading…. or go without the directb2s in the meantime and use the “PUPDMD on BG” pup-pack for now.

HiRez00
                                      Participant
                                        @hirez00

I guess I made things too easy with this table :)

Well “mostly”…

For this table…there isn’t a pup / no pup version. It’s now all the same. You simply disable the pup features on the line:

Const UsePinup = 1 '0 = Off. 1 = Enable PinUp Player features (pup-pack, pupdmd)

I updated the table so that it will check to see if pup is installed. If pup is not installed at all…. it doesn’t matter if you have pup enabled in the table script… the table will then NOT use any PuP functions at all. They are completely bypassed. If pup is installed and the above line is disabled… it does the same things and wont use any pup features.

So if you want a pup and non-pup table…. make a copy of the table and disable that line…. BUT….

…that doesn’t stop the pup-pack from “starting up” because in this case the pupb2s driver kicks in and starts the pup-pack when B2S server is used (for directb2s and DOF support).

So you would also need to use one of the methods on this page to stop the pup-pack from starting up:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_optional

I prefer Option 2 (and I fought tooth and nail to get that added) because it works with everything when using Popper.

Terry,

Like I said, I tried to normal approach that I normally use – AND set Pinup to = 0 and it still was loading the pup. But now that you explained why, I can go try apprach #2 and see if that works.

Thanks.

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

Terry,

Like I said, I tried to normal approach that I normally use – AND set Pinup to = 0 and it still was loading the pup. But now that you explained why, I can go try apprach #2 and see if that works.

Thanks.

Yah, Option 2 works great… AND you don’t need to modify every “rom” based table with that method….

….OR….you can even modify the Popper launch script to use Alternate Launcher with that so you dont need to make a copy of the table to do both. You get to choose which one when you goto the game’s menu in Popper. (like Hotset in FX3)

….BUT…. with a table that supports PUPDMD like TNA…. you may still need a 2nd copy of the table to specifically not use the PUPDMD functions…. or maybe not if the pup-pack isn’t launched using that method… I’ve never tried it.

hworths1545
                                          Participant
                                            @hworths1545

I previously tried to load just the TNA vpx table and the b2s backglass without the PUP Pack.  By doing this, I was able to see the 4 Play Score Windows at the bottom of the backglass.  It was not until I loaded the PUP Pack that I had problems.

I like having the 4 score windows at the bottom to easily see scores when playing with multiple players.

Thanks

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 173 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?