Total Nuclear Annihilation – Welcome to the Future Edition

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

I previously tried to load just the TNA vpx table and the b2s backglass without the PUP Pack. By doing this, I was able to see the 4 Play Score Windows at the bottom of the backglass. It was not until I loaded the PUP Pack that I had problems.

I like having the 4 score windows at the bottom to easily see scores when playing with multiple players.

Thanks

To answer your previous question…yes I was able to get the b2s and pup-pack to work from Popper. I don’t use UltraDMD with the table.

Badazzwi
      Participant
        @badazzwi

I use windows 10 PBY as a frontend. No issues but I run the dmd on a third screen.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

balilolo
        Participant
          @balilolo

hi,

updated 23rd March, what’s new?

DeathInc
          Participant
            @deathincclan

Yes, what is new with the update? Fixes??

TerryRed
              @terryred

hi,

updated 23rd March, what’s new?

IPDB link was missing from the description.

Anytime the description is changed, this is still seen as an update. I try to have it complete when posting, but sometimes things get missed.

Best to follow the changelog and version numbers for proper updates.

This is also why I put install instructions on the first post of the Support TAB to try to avoid that, as no matter how much info I put in the description…. people still find a why to mess up things….and I tend to need to add more stuff there after posting the download.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              TerryRed
                @terryred

OK @Pinballfan2018 here you go… some gameplay footage of TNA in my cabinet. It’s a 4K video, so it may take a while before you can choose 4K 60fps quality, but HD is working.

flstclasic
                Participant
                  @flstclasic

Thanks for the detailed setup instructions Terry. I followed it to a T. And, guess what? It worked! Very awesome work! Thank you to all that were involved in this!

Friffy1
                  Participant
                    @friffy1

So, @terryred your video shined a light for me….

1. I see you don’t have the 4-player score at the bottom of the backglass either.  But I thought this was possible.  I really like the PuP backglass, but not at the expense of the scores at the bottom.  If it’s possible, how?
                    2. I see your full-screen DMD is working as described.  Which is what I was expecting.  But mine squeezes into the DMD area of my 3rd screen.  My 3rd screen is configured in Popper as DMD/Topper (1266×320/1266×448).  Is there a way to make this work without breaking my config for every other table?

Thanks!

outhere
                      @outhere
                      MemberContributorvipModerator

1. – See the directions/download
                      2. – Do this and you will have full screen     —  http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_pack_layout

digable
                      Participant
                        @digable

Excellent job on recreating this table.  There are a couple of differences on the real machine:

-The loop doesn’t block the ball at the top until you have started a reactor.  It should pass through like a regular loop otherwise.

-The ball save should cut out when a second ball is launched (if you lock a ball, if you lose the first one, etc).

-The upper right sling should be a little more sensitive (maybe sense the ball in a wider area) and kick that ball on almost every time it touches it.

If you have any questions about TNA please ask as I have the physical table.

Friffy1
                        Participant
                          @friffy1

1. – See the directions/download

2. – Do this and you will have full screen — http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_pack_layout

Thanks for that link.  Makes sense.  I’ll try it shortly.

As for seeing the directions, I have, of course, read and re-read the directions.  Which is why I’m asking the question.  I’m certainly not ruling out my own misunderstanding of something, but since I don’t know what it is I’m not understanding, I’m at an impasse on getting the scores to appear at the bottom of the backglass.  So any advice would sure be appreciated.

outhere
                            @outhere

See Description

PUPDMD on the Backglass:
                            For those who don’t have a dedicated fullsize 3rd monitor / TV for the PUPDMD text and videos.

PUPDMD on the Backglass with B2S:
                            Same as above, but setup to allow the 4 player score from the directb2s to show on the bottom.

PUPDMD on a Fullscreen:
                            Display the PUPDMD and Text on a 3rd dedicated 16:9 fullscreen. (similar to a modern Stern or TNA cabinet). This option allows you to also view the entire TNA Backglass at the same time.

You MUST read the first post in the SUPPORT Tab for essential INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS for Pinup Player features, proper setup, and how to pick the right PuP-Pack!

dondi
                            Participant
                              @dondi

Thanks for all the work on this to everyone involved. There have been some updates to this in a short period of time. Concurrently, ScottyWic is releasing OSB versions, so I am getting a bit lost in versioning. The ones posted here are all 1.5. I get the notifications of an update, but having a hard time tracking the versions and what the fix/improvement/iteration is — was hoping the Changelog would have some more info; please don’t take this post as a “bashing”. I certainly realize the work that has gone into this and I’m very appreciative. Just having a hard time “keeping-up” when all the updated versions are 1.5.

Friffy1
                              Participant
                                @friffy1

This option allows you to also view the entire TNA Backglass at the same time.

So, if I understand what you’re not saying…  “the entire TNA Blackglass” does not include the passthrough for the scoring of the directb2s.  See, to me “entire” meant I COULD see the scores.

OK.  So in that case, it’s definitely not worth using the PuP backglass.  The scoring is far more important.  (Well, at least it is for me.)  I suppose I could always alter the videos themselves.  I’ll probably just do that.

Alright.  Thanks for the… clarification.

Johngreve
                                Participant
                                  @johngreve

This is probably a silly question, BUT …

I like to keep 2 versions of any table that pup packs are made for … 1). The pup version, and 2.) The original non-pup version.

Previously, the pup packs are made for rom tables, and I add the line: .PuPHide = 1 to the table script after the “.Games(cGameName).Settings.value(“sound”) = 1” line that is commonly found to the copy of the table I don’t want to run the pup pack. This has worked for every other table, thus far.

For this table , I can’t seem to find the where to put that line in the script because there isn’t a “.Games(cGameName).Settings.value(“sound”) = 1” line anywhere.

Is there a line I can put somewhere to make this work?

BTW: Great work and thank to everyone involved – this is a great pup-pack!

This may not be the solution you are looking for but line 69 of the script allows you to turn off the pinup features and only shows a static BG with the 4 scoring text zones at the bottom. Not sure if thats what you’re looking for though.

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

So, if I understand what you’re not saying… “the entire TNA Blackglass” does not include the passthrough for the scoring of the directb2s. See, to me “entire” meant I COULD see the scores.

OK. So in that case, it’s definitely not worth using the PuP backglass. The scoring is far more important. (Well, at least it is for me.) I suppose I could always alter the videos themselves. I’ll probably just do that.

Alright. Thanks for the… clarification.

PUPDMD on a Fullscreen pup-pack and B2S / 4 player score on the backglass

If you want to use the PUPDMD on a Fullscreen pup-pack and also see the B2S 4 player score on the backglass…

Then edit the tna pup-pack using the pup-pack editor and your options are:

• turn off the pup backglass screen 2 and show only the directb2s

… OR…

• change Screen 2 (Backglass) CustomPos to 2,0,0,100,90 (this will size the pup backglass to leave space for the B2S 4 player score to be seen)

This has now been added to the instructions.

I don’t play 4 player…. so the alpha numeric score portion isn’t important to me, since you get the score on the PUPDMD

outhere
                                      @outhere

When did I write this

So, if I understand what you’re not saying… “the entire TNA Blackglass” does not include the passthrough for the scoring of the directb2s. See, to me “entire” meant I COULD see the scores.

OK. So in that case, it’s definitely not worth using the PuP backglass. The scoring is far more important. (Well, at least it is for me.) I suppose I could always alter the videos themselves. I’ll probably just do that.

You should just try some ideas because apparently you’re having a hard time understanding the directions
                                      The 4 scores at the bottom will show from the back glass, That’s what I’m reading in the directions
                                      When you choose this version of the PUPDMD setup PUPDMD on the Backglass with B2S

Friffy1
                                      Participant
                                        @friffy1

When did I write this

You should just try some ideas because apparently you’re having a hard time understanding the directions

The 4 scores at the bottom will show from the back glass, That’s what I’m reading in the directions

When you choose this version of the PUPDMD setup PUPDMD on the Backglass with B2S

Thanks.

You’d pasted it in your 10:37 message.  But like I was saying, to me “entire” included the scores.  Apparently “entire” simply meant the whole backglass without a mask for the PuP Pack.  So, I get it now…  As they are, the only way to get the scores is to use the PuPDMD on the Backglass.

But I imagine @terryred probably has given what will work best with the “change the pup backglass screen 2 to 2,0,0,100,90” idea.  As soon as I’m done working I’m going to give that a shot.  I’ve also gone ahead and made a nice transparent gradient at the bottom of the PuP video, but I have no idea if PuP can handle alpha channel or not.  But it’ll be interesting to know!

backglass

Anyway, thanks for your responses!

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

When did I write this

Thanks.

You’d pasted it in your 10:37 message. But like I was saying, to me “entire” included the scores. Apparently “entire” simply meant the whole backglass without a mask for the PuP Pack. So, I get it now… As they are, the only way to get the scores is to use the PuPDMD on the Backglass.

But I imagine @terryred probably has given what will work best with the “change the pup backglass screen 2 to 2,0,0,100,90” idea. As soon as I’m done working I’m going to give that a shot. I’ve also gone ahead and made a nice transparent gradient at the bottom of the PuP video, but I have no idea if PuP can handle alpha channel or not. But it’ll be interesting to know!

backglass

Anyway, thanks for your responses!

No pup can’t handle alpha blend on videos…even if you make that pup screen transparent. Single colour (black 0,0,0) transparency only. This may impact performance heavily for you, so I would stick to my recommendation of just changing the CustomPos to 2,0,0,100,90 for now until you know it all works nicely after playing for a while with no issues.

Also, there are 3 videos for the backglass, not just one.

But to be sure… you have a 3rd screen that is a full 16:9 screen correct? If so then you use the “PUPDMD on Fullscreen” pup-pack which puts the PUPDMD and it’s videos on that screen. You need to setup your default PuP Music screen on that screen properly as that is what is used for reference for positioning and size. This only works with a 16:9 size display, so if you have any kind of split screen bezel on your 3rd screen, or if you are using a 4:1 DMD sized display, you can’t have the PUP work on that screen.

The PuP Backglass has its own videos separate from that.

Friffy1
                                          Participant
                                            @friffy1

CustomPos to 2,0,0,100,90

Bloody PERFECT!

Thanks again!

Also, yeah… No luck on the alpha channel. ;-)   But worth a shot, eh?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 173 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?