Total Nuclear Annihilation – Welcome to the Future Edition

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Congrats on making yet another fantastic Pup-Pack, TerryRed!

I am loving every bit of it. You have a way of making a Pup pack respect the flow of the existing table, that is quite an art. Just like the Tron Pup Pack, the video adds to experience instead of disrupting it. Thanks so much!

PS: It is REALLY important to read First AND SECOND post in the Support Topic section for the valuable information to set up the table to your configuration.

When I first set up the table I totally missed reading the second post which was vital to have this all working!

Now it does!:

Total nuclear annihilation

To clarify… the Top Part of the Support TAB/Topic is just a mirror of the Description TAB… so they are the same thing. If you go from the DESCRIPTION to the Support TAB… you are reading the exact same thing you just came from, not a new SUPPORT POST with different text / content. I know its confusing, but that’s how the site works.

I can’t just update the text in the SUPPORT’s Top Post / Description TAB because they are the same thing and that is considered an update to the table. So each time I make a change there (and I always need to as people always miss things or mess up things) … it flags as an update to the table… and then everyone freaks out thinking “whats the update????”

Also, this is actually @Pinballfan2018 ‘s pup-pack and original work (as described in the DESCRIPTION / TOP POST). I came in at the end to add PUPDMD code and fix up / finalize and update it.

studlygoorite
      Participant
        @studlygoorite

Where can i get the orbital scoreboard edition? Been looking everywhere.. but the correct place i guess.

It doesnt exist.

Well that explains it thanks, the table is listed and there are scores documented for Total Nuclear Annihilation on the Orbital web page, maybe they are for another version of the table?

https://orbitalscoreboard.com/tna/

templarjh
        Participant
          @templarjh

*buys the music files*

Least I could do really. I never would have bought them otherwise, so maybe vp will someday get some recognition if a little money can be made off of us.

The Loafer
          Participant
            @theloafer

I would love to hear if we’ve made a difference and I sure hope at the very least we eventually do. Scott Danesi deserves it!

AnthozoA
            Participant
              @ludovicmichalon

Hello Terry! I’m Ludovic from Réunion Island.
              Thank you for this work, this looks awesome, it is spectacularly!
              I have one problem, I have the window called “PUPSCRENN11” which does not come in the foreground on the Backglass, I need to use Alt + Tab to bring it manually in the foreground.
              I use “PUPDMD on the Backglass with B2S” to get the 4 player score from the directb2s.

20200401_131124

20200401_131209

Sorry for my english ;-)

legin
              Participant
                @legin

I am one of those people who has an odd size backglasss.  Mine is 16:10

What I did was use the pup pack which uses the backglass.  I resized my backglass pupscreen to 16:9 but left the backglass server at 16:10.  This works great and the screen is totally used.

I used a custom ini file for the pup screen setup and put that into the puppack folder.

legin
                Participant
                  @legin

I just bought the music too.  My way of saying thanks.  I dont know who it is who benefits from this, hopefully someone in the VP scene.

TerryRed
                    @terryred

I just bought the music too. My way of saying thanks. I dont know who it is who benefits from this, hopefully someone in the VP scene.

It benefits Scott Danesi who created the real TNA pinball game and the music.

blackvulcan3
                    Participant
                      @blackvulcan3

Thank you to the entire team responsible for this beauty and special thanks to Terry for the ridiculously simple install instructions.

Redbeard30
                      Participant
                        @redbeard30

can anyone post an example .ini file or instructions on how to create one? i have a 3 screen cab, my backglass is a 4:3 1600×1200 monitor. i’d like to display the TNA PUP in the correct ratio (1600×900) for this table only so the animations/scores arent skewed. Thanks, i dont have much experiance with creating ini files.

outhere
                          @outhere
                          MemberContributorvipModerator

can anyone post an example .ini file or instructions on how to create one? i have a 3 screen cab, my backglass is a 4:3 1600×1200 monitor. i’d like to display the TNA PUP in the correct ratio (1600×900) for this table only so the animations/scores arent skewed. Thanks, i dont have much experiance with creating ini files.

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_pack_layout

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Numiah
                          Participant
                            @numiah

Wow, I completely missed this release.
                            What a fun table!
                            Of course I bought the music after deciding she can stay and will be played often.
                            Although she can be a real drainer hehe.
                            Thanks to all involved.

Bally widebody - i5-4690 - 16Gb - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF - Nvidia GTX1660Ti 6Gb - 256GbM.2 - 60Gb SSD (Win10Pro) - Samsung 49" 4K UHDR - 30" LG Backglass - 17" LCD dmd - iPad as topper - Ledwiz - Teensy - iPac32 - 8 Contactors - 5 Flashers - Gear - Shaker - Knocker - Addressable strips and matrix - 2 Strobes - RGB under cab - RGB buttons - 3-axis Tiltbob

darkslide40
                            Participant
                              @darkslide40

@ludovicmichalon

quand tu fais un clic droit sur ton backglass, assure toi que l’option “bring BG from to Top” est décochée pour que le backglass soit derrière les videos du PUPpack. le seul problème est que si tu as un frontend (PinballX par exemple) il cachera la ligne des scores du backglass.

Randyre
                              Participant
                                @randyre

Have the table and PuP working 100%. Thanks to all involved. I have 8 real pins and two virtual pins. TNA used to be on my buy list for real pins, NOT ANYMORE. I’ve played many hours on a real TNA, and this 100% does it enough justice to forgo the $6K investment and time to find a used one. Maybe if a good enough Iron maiden VP comes along I can sell it my real IM too?

On to the real question. After playing the VP TNA for a few hours I noticed my shaker never comes on. Is there a list of what DOF toys are defined in TNA? Also I know DOF is working as my Start Button won’t stop flashing, is there a way to fix that? Also anyone working on SSF for this table, my second VP is 100% SSF and this table is a little tame on it :)

outhere
                                  @outhere
                                  MemberContributorvipModerator

If you go to the DOF config tool website And look up the game under shaker you will see E179
                                  Go to the table scrip look up 179  =  Line 9297  =  179 — Reactor Destroyed

Randyre
                                  Participant
                                    @randyre

If you go to the DOF config tool website And look up the game under shaker you will see E179

Go to the table scrip look up 179 = Line 9297 = 179 — Reactor Destroyed

Well, that settles it then, I’ve yet to destroy a reactor, so of course I wouldn’t have seen it yet :)

Is there a way to get the start button to stop flashing, it does it since more players could join, but its plain annoying once the game starts. I don’t remember other multiplayer games that keep flashing once the game starts.

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

Go to the table scrip look up 179 = Line 9297 = 179 — Reactor Destroyed

Well, that settles it then, I’ve yet to destroy a reactor, so of course I wouldn’t have seen it yet :)

Is there a way to get the start button to stop flashing, it does it since more players could join, but its plain annoying once the game starts. I don’t remember other multiplayer games that keep flashing once the game starts.

Would require a table and possibly DOF update.

Randyre
                                      Participant
                                        @randyre

Ok, so that is the expected behavior?  If so can I just go into the DOFConfig tool and remove the start button for just that table?

Its just really annoying hearing the relay click constantly :wacko: since I have the buttons hooked to a Sainsmart. For people using something without a mechanical relay I guess its not even noticeable.

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

Ok, so that is the expected behavior? If so can I just go into the DOFConfig tool and remove the start button for just that table?

Its just really annoying hearing the relay click constantly :wacko: since I have the buttons hooked to a Sainsmart. For people using something without a mechanical relay I guess its not even noticeable.

Yah, I would highly recommend you not use a relay for anything except “mechanical things” (solenoids, motor,etc).

That said, yes you can do whatever you want in DOF Config Tool for any table on the right side. That is your custom setting that only affects your configs.

Randyre
                                          Participant
                                            @randyre

Ok, so that is the expected behavior? If so can I just go into the DOFConfig tool and remove the start button for just that table?

Yah, I would highly recommend you not use a relay for anything except “mechanical things” (solenoids, motor,etc).

That said, yes you can do whatever you want in DOF Config Tool for any table on the right side. That is your custom setting that only affects your configs.

So the only reason I’m using just the Sainsmart is space. this particular CAB is my portable Mini that I take with me to the different bases I work at. Its a 22″ playfield with a 15″ backglass and a 7″ DMD, Needed it simple and compact. I have a small shaker, a gear, and the button illumination as well as SSF. I do have a Pinscape board that’s just doing nudging, I guess I could rewire the illumination through it. until then I tried to just remove that effect.

Went into DOFConfig tool and just deleted the start button effects. Re-downloaded config files, now the table loads then disappears/crashes. Only the backglass stays loaded. Replaced with the original config files and its back to normal. What did I do wrong? Seems pretty simple to just blank out what I didn’t need in my personal config and reload.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 173 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?