Transformers: Mega-Tracks Pup-Pack!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/transformers-mega-tracks-pup-pack/

It’s time to “transform” the virtual pinball world with this new Transformers: Mega-Tracks PuP-Pack! Featuring over 250 videos, and a new “PuP-Tracks” music option that replaces the original SAM mono music with a new (high quality Stereo) Original Movie Soundtrack played from Pinup Player! A first for SAM based tables!

A video preview of the PuP-Pack with the OST music can be seen here:

System:  Visual Pinball X (version 10.5+)

PuP-Pack: Videos, Media, music, PuP-Pack Editor & PuPCapture files by TerryRed

Autobot and Decepticon “Eyes” Toppers: Tarcísio Caleiro

Pinup Player: Nailbuster

This PuP-Pack and the use of it’s music was heavily inspired by Rom and SLAMT1LT’s excellent Future Pinball table. (some of the music files are from that table)

Features:

-over 250 different videos for each of the 19+ game modes!

-6 different video screens always playing at the same time.

-electrically animated border.

-optional new PuP-Tracks music (that replaces the mono low quality SAM music). Featuring (high quality stereo) Original Movie Soundtracks from the first 3 movies.

-overlay still frame

-Autobot and Decepticon crest and characters that change videos based on which side you choose and what mode you are playing!

-music will change based on what side you choose. Each side’s main music will also be different every game.

-different music tracks for every mode in the game.

-Backglass will change it’s “Eyes” depending on what side you choose.

-optional Topper “Eyes” videos that also change with what side you choose. (you can change up the backglass video files so they don’t change to better match this option)

-works with all cabinet configurations (DMD can be positioned in the bottom text area if required)

-over 220 PuPCapture DMD images being monitored

This PuP-Pack uses the following PuP-screens:

Screen 2 – Backglass (Underlay Video Layer)

Screen 3 – DMD (Text)

Screen 5 – Menu (Decepticon Crest)

Screen 6 – Select (Autobot Crest)

Screen 7 – Other1/Backglass 2 (Decepticons)

Screen 8 – Other2/Topper 2 (Autobots)

Overlay – Frame Layer

Screen 4 – Music (PuP-Tracks, OST) “Optional”

Screen 0 – Topper (Auto / Dec “Eyes”) “Optional”

Important! If you have ANY of the above PuP screens “rotated” in the PuP default settings (you shouldn’t though), then those same screens will also be rotated in this PuP-Pack!

=============================================================

REQUIREMENTS: IMPORTANT!

PINUP SYSTEM (1.3.7 or higher):

PinUP System 1.3.6 FULLY installed and PinUP Player setup. (The Pinup Popper front-end is not required for PuP-Packs)

– if you are upgrading from 1.3.5 or lower, you MUST first update to 1.3.6 and install the new dmddevicePUP.dll that comes with the 1.3.6 update, into your VPinMAME folder!

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

Then you need to update FROM 1.3.6 TO to 1.3.7 (until a newer update comes out). If these updates are not properly installed, then this PuP-Pack will not work correctly! (make sure there are no blocked files)

http://www.nailbuster.com/pinupdates/PinUPSystem_update_1_3_7.zip

DMDEXT:

DMDExt 1.71 (32 bit/x86 files only!) or higher installed in your VPinMAME folder and configured to enable PUPCapture!

This PuP-Pack relies on monitoring the freezy dmdext DMD for specific images to trigger videos and music (PuPCapture). This needs both the freezy 1.71+ “dmddevice.dll” file, and the Pinup Player “dmddevicePUP.dll” file in your VPinMAME folder.

Ensure PuPCapture is enabled in the dmddevice.ini file (in your VPinMAME folder):

[pinup]

enabled=true

Note: If you are using a real DMD, then ensure that the freezy virtual DMD is disabled in the dmddevice.ini file:

; a DMD that renders with nice dots on a computer monitor

[virtualdmd]

enabled = false

PINMAME:

In the PinMAME settings for the Transformers tf_180 rom (press F1 during gameplay), you must have “Use External DMD (DLL)” enabled. This will enable the freezy dmdext dmddevice.dll to be used, which is needed for PuPCapture. Also ensure you have “Ignore Rom CRC Errors” enabled. (to allow the use of a custom rom)

DMDs can now be ANY colour (or DMD colour mod) you want! This is a NEW feature with Freezy 1.71 files installed! There is no longer a requirement to have your DMD a specific colour!

Your DMD must be in English for all PuPCapture video triggers to work correctly!

PinUPPlayerB2SDriver and B2S SERVER SETTINGS:

Be sure that your PuPB2s Driver and B2S server settings are setup and working correctly so you don’t get any errors.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

NO DIRECTB2S BACKGLASS RUNNING:

You MUST NOT have a directb2s running at all, or it will obscure the PuP Backglass!!!

Simply make sure you have a copy of your favorite Transformers table (intended only for use with this PuP-Pack), and make sure it is named VERY differently to your directb2s file, so when you launch that copy of your table it won’t launch the directb2s!

FRONT-END MEDIA DISABLED FOR TRANSFORMERS TABLE:

Make sure you have no media displayed on your Backglass and Topper when launching the table from a front-end.

Pinball X: In Games Manager, make sure you have “Hide Topper” and “Hide Backglass” enabled for the table you are using.

Popper: In Games Manager, for the table you are using, enter -1 In the “Keep Displays ON” field (to not use Popper media on ALL Displays when launching the table)

================================================

INSTALLATION:

Ensure there are no files in your “PUPVideos” “tf_180” folder (if that folder already exists).

Copy the PuP-Pack “tf_180” folder from the zip archive into your PUPVideos folder.

OST Movie Music (optional). To enable the PuP-Tracks music:

-you MUST use my custom “Muted Music Rom” version of the tf_180.zip Rom file. Copy the tf_180.zip from the “TF_PuP-Muted Music Rom.zip” to your VPinMAME Roms folder (backup your original tf_180.zip file). This is required because SAM tables cannot have their music turned down or reduced by either VPX or the table’s Service Menu. I made this custom version of the rom with all the game’s music muted so it will allow only the PuP-Pack to play music for the game.

-edit the tf_180 PuP-Pack with the PuP-Pack Editor, and change Screen 4 (Music) to “Show”. Then Save.

-run the PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat in the “PinupSystem” folder, and make sure your Music screen “Default State” is set to “Hide Always” (Sound Only)

PuP-Tracks OST Music ONLY Pack:

If you are insane, and only want to have the PuP-Tracks OST Music and NO Videos, then I have also included a “TF-PuP-Tracks OST Music Only Pack.zip”. Just copy the “tf_180” folder from the zip archive into your “PupVideos”, and use the custom rom from the “TF_PuP-Muted Music Rom.zip”.

“EYES” and Topper / Unders:

-during gameplay the Backglass will change it’s robot “eyes” animation to whatever side you choose in the game. You can also have this animation show up on your “Topper-Under” monitor (if you have one). Use the PuP-Pack Editor to change the Topper (Screen 0) to Force ON and save. Then copy the files from the Topper (21:9 screen) or Under (wider screen) zip archive into your “PuPVideos” “tf_180” folder.

-if you don’t want the Backglass to change its “eyes” from the default image, then remove the files in the “Backglass_Autobots” and “Backglass_Decepticons” folders. Then copy the video from “Backglass_Backgrounds” to those same folders.

================================================

PROBLEMS:

The “eyes” video switching (when you choose your side) only works correctly for one player (or the last player to choose). There is nothing in the DMD I can use to identify player 1 or 2 , etc to make it work beyond the last player who chose their side.

If you have video stuttering or artifacts with PuP-Packs with VPX…  you most likely don’t have VSYNC properly setup in VPX. Set “FPS Limiter/VSYNC” to 1, and “Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames” to 1 in VPX Video Options. This can also be set per-table in the Table’s “User Customization” options, so check that as well.

Having certain programs running in the background can also cause issues as they may interfere with VLC or prevent Overlays from displaying. Try closing out other programs / processes to see if that helps resolve any issues.

If the OST music “during gameplay” isn’t working correctly then you probably didn’t update correctly.

To make it CLEAR. You MUST be updated “properly” to Pinup System 1.3.7 for this Pack to work “correctly”! Some videos may not be triggering, and the OST Music PuP-Tracks will NOT work correctly without that update! Full instructions for updating and the links are in the Description under REQUIREMENTS.

For other issues with getting a PuP-Pack to work, refer to the wiki:

TerryRed
        @terryred

To make it CLEAR. You MUST be updated to Pinup System 1.3.7 for this Pack to work “correctly”! The OST Music PuP-Tracks will NOT work correctly without that update! Full instructions for updating and the links are in the Description under REQUIREMENTS.

Here’s a video preview that shows the PuP-Pack using the Custom “Muted Music” Rom combined with the OST Music from the PuP-Tracks of this PuP-Pack.

Wow, the SAM system’s mono 24000Hz sound is just horrible compared to the full High Quality Stereo PuP-Tracks with music from the first 3 movies! A SAM System table first!

PLEASE read ALL of the Description, REQUIREMENTS, and INSTALL Instructions in the Tabs FIRST! (not just what I paste below)

OST Movie Music (optional). To enable the PuP-Tracks music:

-you MUST use my custom “Muted Music Rom” version of the tf_180.zip Rom file. Copy the tf_180.zip from the “TF_PuP-Muted Music Rom.zip” to your VPinMAME Roms folder (backup your original tf_180.zip file). This is required because SAM tables cannot have their music turned down or reduced by either VPX or the table’s Service Menu. I made this custom version of the rom with all the game’s music muted so it will allow only the PuP-Pack to play music for the game.

-edit the tf_180 PuP-Pack with the PuP-Pack Editor, and change Screen 4 (Music) to “Show”. Then Save.

-run the PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat in the “PinupSystem” folder, and make sure your Music screen “Default State” is set to “Hide Always” (Sound Only)

PuP-Tracks OST Music ONLY Pack:

If you are insane, and only want to have the PuP-Tracks OST Music and NO Videos, then I have also included a “TF-PuP-Tracks OST Music Only Pack.zip”. Just copy the “tf_180” folder from the zip archive into your “PupVideos”, and use the custom rom from the “TF_PuP-Muted Music Rom.zip”.

“EYES” and Topper / Unders:

-during gameplay the Backglass will change it’s robot “eyes” animation to whatever side you choose in the game. You can also have this animation show up on your “Topper-Under” monitor (ONLY if you have one). Use the PuP-Pack Editor to change the Topper (Screen 0) to Force ON and save. Then copy the files from the Topper (21:9 screen) or Under (wider screen) zip archive into your “PuPVideos” “tf_180” folder.

-if you don’t want the Backglass to change its “eyes” from the default image, then remove the files in the “Backglass_Autobots” and “Backglass_Decepticons” folders. Then copy the video from “Backglass_Backgrounds” to those same folders.

The “eyes” video switching (when you choose your side) only works correctly for one player (or the last player to choose). There is nothing in the DMD I can use to identify player 1 or 2 , etc to make it work beyond the last player who chose their side.

For those who need pictures:

1 user thanked author for this post.
        The Loafer
        Participant
          @theloafer

Looking forward to checking this out when I get back home tonight!  Thanks for your very hard work on this Terry, seriously!

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

I’m more of a purist kind of guy. But, I can’t help being super impressed by what you are making Terry. So, yes – I will be installing and playing this. And, who knows – maybe you win me over to the bling-bling side :whistle:   :rose:

TerryRed
              @terryred

Ready to go guys…. just waiting for approval!

TerryRed
                @terryred

Big thanks to randr for hosting this monster of a PuP-Pack. Thanks to Tarcisio Caleiro for the excellent “eyes” Topper animations. Thanks to Nailbuster for the excellent Pinup Player and for adding in my many requests for new features that makes this PuP-Pack possible!

This pack was a crazy amount of work. Almost 4 weeks!

The end result I think was worth it!

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

We have plenty of storage space here so not a problem. Thanks terry for all these pup packs

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

classicradios
                  Participant
                    @classicradios

Thank you to all involved in creation of this awesome Pup Pack!

Installed and working great but work calls…More time with this Pup Pack tomorrow. :good:

senseless
                    Participant
                      @senseless

What an awesome Transformers pack Terry! I’m loving every minute of it :). Enabled OST music and Topper to experience this in all it’s glory.

Just played several games with my daughter and we had a blast. Is the backglass suppost to switch between bumblebee eyes and megatron eyes if two players have different sides? I selected autobots and my daughter as player two selected the decepticons. It starts with bumblebee eyes and switches to megatron when she plays but does not switch back to bumblebee when it’s my turn again and stays on megatron eyes untill the game is finished.

Back to playing this awesome table!

TerryRed
                        @terryred

What an awesome Transformers pack Terry! I’m loving every minute of it :). Enabled OST music and Topper to experience this in all it’s glory.

Just played several games with my daughter and we had a blast. Is the backglass suppost to switch between bumblebee eyes and megatron eyes if two players have different sides? I selected autobots and my daughter as player two selected the decepticons. It starts with bumblebee eyes and switches to megatron when she plays but does not switch back to bumblebee when it’s my turn again and stays on megatron eyes untill the game is finished.

Back to playing this awesome table!

Glad its working good!

No the “eyes” switching only works correctly for one player (or the last player to choose). There is nothing in the DMD I can use to identify player 1 or 2 , etc to make it work beyond the last player who chose their side.

TerryRed
                          @terryred

PROBLEMS:

If you have stuttering or artifacts with this PuP-Pack (and others like Tron Legacy work fine)…  you most likely don’t have VSYNC properly setup in VPX. Set “FPS Limiter/VSYNC” to 1, and “Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames” to 1 in VPX Video Options.

If the OST music “during gameplay” isn’t working correctly then you probably didn’t update correctly.

To make it CLEAR. You MUST be updated “properly” to Pinup System 1.3.7 for this Pack to work “correctly”! Some videos may not be triggering, and the OST Music PuP-Tracks will NOT work correctly without that update! Full instructions for updating and the links are in the Description under REQUIREMENTS.

For other issues with getting a PuP-Pack to work, refer to the wiki:

TerryRed
                            @terryred

To help explain why the Pinup System updates are needed, and essential for not just the new Transformers PuP-Pack, but for more in the future….

1.3.6 Update:

As “part” of the 1.3.6 update, the new dmddevicePUP.dll is needed for the new “Exact Color Matching” feature for PuPCapture, which is the new standard that should be used. This will allow for DMD images with “darker” coloured images to be correctly picked up, and it also runs better (no fuzzy matching needed). This also REQUIRES dmdext 1.71 installed!

1.3.7 Update:

This update is mostly for the OST music to work correctly. Before by default, SetBG (SetBackground in PlayAction) would “mute” audio on the files being used in a PuP-Pack. This was fine for videos…but didn’t allow for music to work the way it needed to create what I wanted for PuP-Tracks. So that was changed (and other stuff i imagine) in 1.3.7. So if you hear some OST music at first, doesn’t automatically mean it’s working (so make sure 1.3.7 update is installed). Some files wont play when they should or Stop when they should, or Loop when they should,etc. if 1.3.7 is NOT installed.

Many of the recent updates to dmdext and the many new features of PuP are game changers for creating PuP-Packs!

Queniart
                            Participant
                              @queniart62

Hello thank you very beautiful just work a concern(marigold) with the music dashes(launches) on ball 1 and after ball 2 or ball 3 more of taken well music g the putting pinup in the daytime 1.3.7

TerryRed
                                @terryred

Hello thank you very beautiful just work a concern(marigold) with the music dashes(launches) on ball 1 and after ball 2 or ball 3 more of taken well music g the putting pinup in the daytime 1.3.7

Sorry…but I have no idea what you are asking? Or if you are asking anythingat all, and just posting.

Queniart
                                Participant
                                  @queniart62

dsl mais application traducteur son pas terrible et je parle pas du tout anglais c juste que je lance une partie g bien la music transformers ensuite pour la balle 2 et 3 plus de music pourtant g bien tout a jour meme pris pinup 1.3.7 avec dmdext 1.7.1 et toujour le probleme et encore dsl pour la traduction

doogie
                                  Participant
                                    @doogie

Sorry…but I have no idea what you are asking? Or if you are asking anythingat all, and just posting.

I think he might be trying to say that there is music playing when launching the first ball, but for ball 2 and 3 there is none.  I also experienced this when giving it a quick whirl last night.

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

I think he might be trying to say that there is music playing when launching the first ball, but for ball 2 and 3 there is none. I also experienced this when giving it a quick whirl last night.

Then if that is happening…then you guys didnt update to PuP 1.3.7 correctly, which is REQUIRED for this PuP-Pack to work correctly with the newer features it uses. I detailed why those updates are needed in a couple of posts above. The update files are linked in the description under Requirements.

We know how many people have actually been downloading the 1.3.7 update files (half of how many download the PuP-Pack)….so we know there are guys out there who aren’t reading what they should be in the description… haha! BUSTED!

doogie
                                      Participant
                                        @doogie

I think he might be trying to say that there is music playing when launching the first ball, but for ball 2 and 3 there is none. I also experienced this when giving it a quick whirl last night.

Then if that is happening…then you guys didnt update to PuP 1.3.7 correctly, which is REQUIRED for this PuP-Pack to work correctly with the newer features it uses. I detailed why those updates are needed in a couple of posts above. The update files are linked in the description under Requirements.

We know how many people have actually been downloading the 1.3.7 update files (half of how many download the PuP-Pack)….so we know there are guys out there who aren’t reading what they should be in the description… haha!

Yep, that’s what I figured, which is why I didn’t post anything before I had time to check everything out, I was just trying to help you interpret the other guy’s statement.  :-)

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

We know how many people have actually been downloading the 1.3.7 update files (half of how many download the PuP-Pack)….so we know there are guys out there who aren’t reading what they should be in the description… haha!

Yep, that’s what I figured, which is why I didn’t post anything before I had time to check everything out, I was just trying to help you interpret the other guy’s statement. :-)

I’m just playing with you…but thanks for the help. At least you guys did notice that…which is good to help point out to others about the 1.3.7 update. You should be good to go after that!

Rastan350
                                          Participant
                                            @rastan350

Where do I get version 1.3.7? I have been to the link you added to the install notes but am only seeing up to 1.3.6.

**FOUND IT, I am an idiot, so excited I breezed right over this :)

http://www.nailbuster.com/pinupdates/PinUPSystem_update_1_3_7.zip

Thanks,

Nick

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 84 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?