Transformers VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    arconovum
    Participant
      @nicholaschristopher
      MemberContributor

1 VP unit = 0.53975mm

nice metric units..  :wacko:

HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

I find it much easier to model stuff in MM….

nFozzy
        Participant
          @nfozzy

The inch conversion is nice because VP units are somewhat based on inches so you can use fractions:
          VP units = (inches * 17) / 800
          Inches = (VP units * 800) / 17

I have to switch between metric and VP units when modeling / rendering and I do that with these scales:
          CM to VP units: (50 / 2.69875)
          VP units to CM: (2.69875 / 50)

I’m trying to move to this sort of thing in the future, modeling in pseudo-inches because Maya’s native inch support is for shits
          Working inches Scale: 1
          Scale up to CM for rendering: 2.54
          Scale way up to VPu for export: (1*800)/17

diemonik
          Participant
            @diemonik

Well Its not finish … I still can be adjusted … Its a minor thing that can be fix.. … well on my drop box i uploaded new file … other its not correct .. probably that is why slider found that , but again its a WIP … and can be fix … Thanks

senseless
            Participant
              @senseless

I need another beer B-)

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

So happy you said that Sensless, every time they starts talking about VP Units I try to follow and I end up shaking my head and wanting a beer instead.
                I must be stupid, so, why not kill some more brain cells ?!

Cheers ;)

STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

Math is cool, but sometimes a Beer can help, to add 1 to 1

Mark70
                  Participant
                    @mark70

Or like a german saying says: No beer is No solution :)     . . . . .   cheers

STAT
                    Participant
                      @stefanaustria
                      MemberContributor

Kein Bier ist auch keine Lösung, haha ;-)

Now i am coming from my local Soccer Match, just 1 Goal by my Tean, but yes, more Beers B-)

diemonik
                      Participant
                        @diemonik

Im really having a hard time with this table .. please help …. I may abandon this project … I some how mess it up and cant fix it…  :cry:

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

What’s up? What’s broken?

********************************************************
                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                          for IOS and Android

Neofr45
                          Participant
                            @neofr45

Hi diemo, What’s up?

Tell us so we can help you  :good:

diemonik
                            Participant
                              @diemonik

I updated the table materials and the lights .. and looks weird .. i tried to add plastics and i think i change the ratio… table does not makes me happy … colors look yellowish …. i dont know what happend :cry:

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

I know 10.3 changed materials or can. Maybe that’s your issue? I know it’s an easy fix if that’s the problem.

for IOS and Android

Neofr45
                                Participant
                                  @neofr45

Hi diemo

Sharing your work, will be able to help you more easily, and as said Randr there are materials that have changed with vpx 10.3 I had the problem on two table and it is easy to fix :good:

diemonik
                                  Participant
                                    @diemonik

Its shared on googledrive .. 3rd post here , all is there

HauntFreaks
                                      @hauntfreaks
                                      vipContributorMember

not to stray off the subject again, but this this is where the discussion started….
                                      about UNITS to INCHES
                                      maybe its just me but i feel pretty dumb…. all we ever had to do is go into the dimension manager and use it like a calculator…  :unsure:

Capture2

Attachments:
                                      randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

haunt you didnt know that?

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                                        Participant
                                          @borgdog
                                          MemberContributorvip

don’t get me started on the so-called “dimensions manager”! (too late)  It doesn’t actually “manage” anything, it’s a reference and a piss poor one at that.  Oh, and a calculator, and a piss poor one at that!  Too much rounding in this so called manager. 1 inch does NOT equal 47 VP units… let me say that again, ONE INCH DOES NOT EQUAL 47 VP UNITS and anything done using that translation is not correct.  It is not off by much, but it adds up.  1-1/16″ ball = 50 vp units, or 1.0625 inches = 50 vp units, or 1 inch equals 47.0588235294 vp units.  Now that may not seem like much, and it’s not, but multiply that by a 46″ long playfield; which according to the poorly named “dimensions manager” is 2162 vp units, when in fact it is 2164.7 vp units, which I would probably round up to 2165 vp units since you can’t use partial vp units for playfield size.  Then does the “manager” actually change something?  go in there and select say a WPC through 87 (which WPC didn’t actually exist before then but that’s another issue) and it gives you some nice values (slightly incorrect though they are), and then you have to right them down or memorize them because hitting OK just closes the window, doesn’t actually apply the values to the table you have open, which it would only make sense to have it do that!

OK, I think I’m done now, back to pizza and margaritas… at least for me.

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

@borgdog yeah that’s why I made the ruler to double check. I know it’s right then

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 91 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?