Transparent loading videos/Nvidia problems

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Shamous
    Participant
      @shamous

Hi guys
      first off let me say thanks for all the Awesome work you guys do it really is amazing what can be created with the minds of many!
      i’ve been working on my cabinet for quite some time now. A couple years and I finally got it to just about where I feel comfortable saying it’s the way I want it………for now.  I’m trying to tie up a few last loose ends and one of them is transparent loading videos.  I’ve got a three screen set up my playfield is an LG 43 UK 6300PUE 4K  My back glass is an AOC 2770 monitor in my DMD is an old HP  vs17 monitor. I have a gigabit GeForce GTX 1650. And my computer is a Dell I 7 3.2 GHz with Windows 7 64-bit. I installed the T arc 4K themes and followed all the instructions to install them multiple times. The problem I am having is that in the Nvidia settings under “adjust desktop color settings”. I do not have the option for “content type reported to the display”. It doesn’t even show up. But only for my LG TV   it shows up for my back glass which is my AOC monitor and it shows up for my DMD. I have spent many hours scouring the Internet in forums for Nvidia and in Vpinball forums as well as others. My drivers are updated for Invidia and my TV and I have explored every possible setting that I can think of on my TV and on Nvidia control panel try to get this to show up. I’ve changed cables and adapters I have done multiple clean installs of Nvidia and much more I’m hoping someone can help lead me in the right direction to get this working.  I have to believe that it is possible because I’m sure other people have similar set ups with it working.  The only thing I found that was close to what the problem is I’m having is a member posted a similar issue in the support topic in the T arc theme download section. And it sounded like he solved his problem by doing a clean install of Nvidia which I immediately tried without results.
      just for Information I do have every possible setting except for the” content type reported to the display“ set exactly as specified in the instructions I’ve even tried making my own custom resolution and as mentioned before a few other things

I sure hope that someone can help me. This is the only thing that I have not been able to figure out on my own so far by reading the forms and support topics. This is actually the first time I’ve ever even posted for help so this is kind of new for me so you’ll have to excuse my thoroughness of my post.
      any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

Did you try any of the transparent loading videos to see what they look like?

Shamous
        Participant
          @shamous

Thanks for the quick response. Yes I have. I just have the t arc with the spinning circles at this time. But what I have is a black box at the bottom of playfield with the t arc on top when I load a table.  Then after a couple of seconds all screens go black. Then when table starts all screens return. I keep thinking I’ve missed something but after rechecking many MANY times the only thing that is not the same as the pictures and install instructions is the content to display setting.  So I figured that I should get that set before exploring to much more

Kuhmatze
          Participant
            @kuhmatze

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem.
            I already tried everything.
            But unfortunately without success.
            Hope someone can help here.

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

Couple of things. Make sure you are using HDMI out form your video card to your TV’s HDMI.

If using 4K, be sure you have a “good” HDMI cable that fully support HDMI 2.0

Make sure your TV is setup to PC Mode (change the input “label” to PC). Or try changing to the TV’s Game Mode.

Make sure you have UHD True Colour set (may have a different name).

It comes down to you need to have your TV, and GPU both correctly working in full RGB colour mode for this to work. Even if it “shows” RGB doesnt meant it’s working.

Adapters cables, inputs, TV settings all play a factor.

The fact that it doesn’t show the “content Type” option makes me think that the TV is “seen” as a monitor which doesn’t support HDMI functions may be part of the problem.

One my middle smaller TV, when I changed to a different adapter for a new video card… that option no longer show up and my HDMI level on that TV isnt the same as it was.

I have two LG 4K tvs and both work fine connected directly to HDMI.

Shamous
              Participant
                @shamous

Thanks for the response Terry and thanks for the amazing work that you and the guys Do. The stuff you guys have come up with are truly works of art and its really brought my cabinet to life.
                Just about everything in your response are things I had already tried my biggest issue which I wasn’t aware of was my display adapter. This being my first 4K TV I did not realize that the adapter I had did not support it. So once I purchased an HDMI 4K adapter my full RGB was finally displayed but I still had the black box problem.  I played around with it for a few more days Testing different things on it, and what I found was that when disabling the Windows 7 areo  theme The black box went away but everything on my play field in pinup popper was in slow motion and I couldn’t figure that out so I  finally decided to take the leap and upgrade to windows 10.  I figured hey I should probably future proof this cabinet and a lot of other people are running it and it seems to be working OK for them including yourself and once I finished the upgrade one of the first things I checked after disabling all of my antivirus and defender was to see if the black box disappeared. and I was happy to find out the upgrading fixed That problem. But of course it brought other problems with it. I started a topic about one in particular in pinball discussions.

thanks again for the response and for the passion you have for what you do. Watching your videos inspires me to want to do more and more every time I see one

Once I get everything back up to 100% again at the stage I’m at i’m going to work on setting up tilt in nudge sensors

Kuhmatze
                Participant
                  @kuhmatze

I also have an adapter in the HDMI cable to DVI.
                  I’ll try to get a cable without an adapter.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?