Transporter the Rescue (Midway 1989)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    BeachBumTN
    Participant
      @beachbumtn

“It looks hungry!”  Thanks Sliderpoint, just had my first play and lots of fun. Also thanks roccodimarco for the additional files.

Spunkmeyer
      Participant
        @spunkmeyer

Probably me being thick again but where do I put the files from the extra zip file, there was no script in the original download.

Also I’m getting pinball missing error, and cannot figure out the keys for getting in to the rom to perform the table tests.

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

is this playfield any better, it looks crisper in certain areas

roccodimarco
          Participant
            @roccodimarco

Quick question. The left ramp, at the start of it, the ball sometimes seems to get “stuck” or something odd happens to it. If you hit it clear it goes up no problem, but other times it looks like it hits an invisible wall or something. Has anyone found a fix on it? Having a great time so far on this table!

There is a half gate (not made up, it’s on the real table) to keep the ball from going down the drain on the way back down of a failed shot. But there shouldn’t be anything in the way going up and nothing that would get the ball stuck.

-Mike

Yea stuck was a bad choice or words. Now that you said there is a half gate it makes more sense now!

vogliadicane
            Participant
              @vogliadicane

is this playfield any better, it looks crisper in certain areas

pretty sure, it is this one from VPForums:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=2271

I would like to help with AI driven upscaling, but it needs a REALLY crisp one – even if low res – to start with. The one from the upper source is useless.

BTW: cool details already in this WIP version. I like the long casting ball shadow in the bottom area B-)

bjschneider93
              Participant
                @bjschneider93

Anyone have a backglass to share since vpu is down?  Site seems to be up but trying to get anything gives me an error message

Greynurse
                Participant
                  @greynurse

Like some others, I have a Pinball Missing issue. I deleted the nvram but to no avail. Interestingly my VP9 version works well.

I’m sure the answer is under my nose, but I can’t seem to solve it. Any ideas?

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

You didn’t adjust z in point of view? You running 10.6 final?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                    for IOS and Android

Greynurse
                    Participant
                      @greynurse

Hi randr,

I did change z in POV, but reset all POV values to original (z = -220) but I’m still getting Pinball Missing when pressing start. BTW, I’m in DT mode, running 10.6 final.

I made the apron invisible to see what was happening as I was getting a loading sound when pressing start, and two ball are appearing at the ball release kicker, but nothing is happening.

Tom
                      Participant
                        @armyaviation
                        MemberContributor

I would try redownloading the table if you haven’t already.  That z scale can really screw you if it’s not exactly correct

Sliderpoint
                        Participant
                          @sliderpoint
                          MemberContributor

Like some others, I have a Pinball Missing issue. I deleted the nvram but to no avail. Interestingly my VP9 version works well.

I just put out an update with a change to the trough area to try to solve this issue.  Also has updated sounds from @Thalamus.

-Mike

3 users thanked author for this post.
                          roccodimarco
                          Participant
                            @roccodimarco

Glad to see this table getting updates.  This last table release (Transporter, black belt and swords) have been super addicting.  They have been eating up most of my play time. Thanks Thalamus for the sounds.

marie
                            Participant
                              @marie

Thanks for this update! :good: I never tried this table IRL, it is really fun to play

freetz
                              Participant
                                @freetz

please put this into a VR ROOM :-)

BeachBumTN
                                Participant
                                  @beachbumtn

Thanks for the update and have already played it a few times.  I did have a ball get stuck twice in the same spot – bumper 3 and the yellow post.  I was able to nudge it free in both cases.  I really enjoy the table, thank you.

JR
                                  Participant
                                    @jfr1

“Transporter, black belt and swords have been super addicting”     <THIS!!

rocknroll
                                    Participant
                                      @rocknroll

I just put out an update with a change to the trough area to try to solve this issue. Also has updated sounds from @Thalamus.

-Mike

I’m still having my pinball missing issue. I need to check out the update. Was experimenting trying to figure this out. Interestingly, If you go and test the Vpinmame, using the Vpinmame test under the Vpinmame setup menu, the table does the missing pinball issue. Now if you go and play the VP9, it plays no error. I know what I’m saying is impossible, but its true. I’m using windows 7 on the cab, Once you get it to start working and don’t close it out, it plays fine with multiple games. Putting it on my windows 10 computer, i still get the error but the table plays and doesn’t error. So that’s my feedback, now to check out that update….

flipflop1980
                                      Participant
                                        @flipflop1980

Hello

can’t start b’cos “PINBALL MISSING “

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

@flipflop1980 : Make sure you don’t have S11.vbs in tables folder, and that your VP and Pinmame is fairly up to date ( 10.6 final and 3.3 beta recommended )

Also, clean up your nvram and test the rom – info about the procedure in the wiki on this site.

BrandonLaw
                                          Participant
                                            @brandonlaw

Got curious on resources and found some nice plastics on eBay.  They might be great, or they may suck :)  Figured I’d upscale via GigaPixel and share.

Link (zipped)

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?