Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Patrick Delage
    Participant
    @patrickfx

Hello,

I have a 3 screens cabinets that work perfect. The playfield, a regular LG LCD tv. The BG and DMD regualr pc monitor. My problem is how I can control the ON / OFF of all these screen. Right now, I have to manually press the ON / OFF button in the back on 3 screens.

Is there any trick or general way to control all this on one switch ?

Thanks in advance :good:

Pinaball, arcade and retro gaming

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Depends. MOST quality TV’s will remember power state so if you wire tv to your main off/on switch and always leave tv on they will turn off on automatically with main power. easy way to test is have tv on pull power cord wait 30 sec and then re plug power cord back in and tv should just come back on! LG is a nice tv so i bet that model will work like that now the other tv’s you have not sure? also check options in tv some have option to remember power state or some setting like that. let us know results otherwise you must use a relay or repeater of some sort and that works but is just more stuff to fail

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

Patrick Delage
    Participant
    @patrickfx

Oh! Maybe I didn’t explain my question right ! I do my best in english :)

If I talk specifically for the playfield LG, yes the TV auto-shutoff when no activity for certain period. This is a problem since I have to manually open the tv after. If we only take this situation, The ideal could be to extend a cable for the on / off under my cab, by example. But like a lot of TV, there is 6 buttons on the panel. How can I isolate the power on / off ? Maybe I should see the problem differently ? Maybe it’s proprietary LG panel which it’s impossible to hack ?

Now, for my 2 others PC monitor, they didn’t auto-shotoff, so the best should be to extend a cable to the same power on / off under my cab !

Note : It’s ok for me to keep PC running in sleep mode !

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Should be a setting in menu of tv to disable power save mode. maybe linked to the mode your choosing? make sure you choose game mode and i bet it disables power saver? or look for the option somewhere else but you can make it stay on for sure. Sleep mode for a cab is ok i guess but i would not have it like that i would always kill power to everything 100% when not in use

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

Patrick Delage
    Participant
    @patrickfx

Final option to close this topic. I keep my pc on always, on sleep mode after 10 minutes. For monitor. The backglass and dmd whicj are monitor are closing after. 10 minutes. Then when a push any button, they open automatically.

The playfield which is a lg tv are closing after some minutes but are not open automaticaly when push any button. It close completly. My solution, i attach the controller tv under the cabinet, just have to explain to kids which button to open.

Best i can find

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW