Tron Legacy LE: 2 on 1 PuP-Pack (BG, Topper on 1 Screen )

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Gilrock
    Participant
      @gilrock

That all sounds like how I have it configured.  I got the Tron Legacy LE table from the monsterbashcab website today.  I have a real DMD (pindmd3) that is working and I thought that needed the same external dll setting and I had to set the correct comport in the dmddevice.ini file.  Just seems like I’m doomed for nothing to work right lately.

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

That all sounds like how I have it configured. I got the Tron Legacy LE table from the monsterbashcab website today. I have a real DMD (pindmd3) that is working and I thought that needed the same external dll setting and I had to set the correct comport in the dmddevice.ini file. Just seems like I’m doomed for nothing to work right lately.

Make sure this section is correct in dmddevice.ini which should be in your vpinmame folder:

[pastacode lang=”markup” manual=”%5Bvideo%5D%0A%3B%20if%20enabled%2C%20writes%20frames%20to%20an%20.avi%20file%0Aenabled%20%3Dfalse%20%20%20%0A%3B%20path%20to%20folder%20or%20.avi%20file.%20if%20folder%2C%20gamename.avi%20is%20used.%0Apath%3D%0A%0A%5Bpinup%5D%0Aenabled%3Dtrue” message=”” highlight=”” provider=”manual”/]

Gilrock
        Participant
          @gilrock

Yes I’ve definitely set that…like every time the 8 times I believe I’ve installed those files.  I know its using the dmddevice.ini I’m editing because if I set the virtualdmd to true it shows up.  Anyways thanks for trying to help I gotta crash for tonight.

NailBuster
            @nailbuster
            ModeratorMember

launch tron, exit tron and examine the puplog.txt in your vpinmame folder.

if it doens’t have info about tron and pupimages then pupcapture is not setup correctly.

Gilrock
            Participant
              @gilrock

I don’t remember there being special PupCapture settings when I followed the videos.  Where are there settings I could have missed?

TerryRed
                @terryred

I don’t remember there being special PupCapture settings when I followed the videos. Where are there settings I could have missed?

Post your dmddevice.ini

Post pics of:

• your vpinmame folder (to show us what pup files are there).
                • your Visual Pinball\Tables\plugins folder (to show what plug-ins are there)
                • your PuPVideos\trn_174h folder (in case files are missing)
                • your pinmame settings for trn_174h
                • your b2s server plug-ins window showing the pup plug-in status
                • where your Tron Legacy table is located.
                • A pic of what you DMD looks like.

All of the above would be helpful.

TerryRed
                  @terryred
                  Gilrock
                  Participant
                    @gilrock

For the first link I thought I was supposed to make sure the B2S wasn’t running for this Tron LE table to work but it shows right-clicking the backglass to check settings.

For the second link yes I’ve done the 1.7.1 dmdext instructions so many times I’ve memorized it.  In fact I noticed that link differs from a post you had regarding 1.7.1 in that he has “warn” in 2 spots where you have “info”.

TerryRed
                      @terryred

For the first link I thought I was supposed to make sure the B2S wasn’t running for this Tron LE table to work but it shows right-clicking the backglass to check settings.

For the second link yes I’ve done the 1.7.1 dmdext instructions so many times I’ve memorized it. In fact I noticed that link differs from a post you had regarding 1.7.1 in that he has “warn” in 2 spots where you have “info”.

B2S “SERVER” is used and always running…. a “*.directb2s” file is not used with pup-packs. What you are checking is the b2s server settings to make sure the pup plug-in is working correctly. You can check with another table…but probably good to check with tron using a directb2s temporarily to be sure.

Info is fine to use…the bottom line was to keep it from using trace..as that caused performance issues for some people with 1.7.1

Gilrock
                      Participant
                        @gilrock

Ok I took all the screenshots you asked for.  Gonna take a couple messages to post them all.

Gilrock
                        Participant
                          @gilrock

That should be all of them

Gilrock
                          Participant
                            @gilrock

As you can see I’m not getting a puplog.txt file at all.

Gilrock
                            Participant
                              @gilrock

Ok this looks like the problem.  You know I’ve probably blown away and reinstalled Visual Pinball after installing PinUp so I must have lost that file.  Not sure why I still have the PinUpPlayerB2SDriver directory though if that comes from the PinUp install.

Attachments:
                              TerryRed
                                @terryred

Ok I took all the screenshots you asked for. Gonna take a couple messages to post them all.

That’s helpful…..somehow you are missing the required PuP files for PuPCapture in VPinMAME.

Did you choose to install all of them when you installed Popper? (it was one of the checkboxes)

Here’s the files attached. Extract them to your VPinMAME folder (make sure they are not blocked!)

Also…do you have a read DMD? If so, then you should be using the 2 on 1 or the Max Pack (my preference)…but your pics show the 3 on 1 which is NOT what you want. Make sure you remove the PuPVideos\trn_174h folder and download and install one of the other PuP-Packs I mentioned.

Gilrock
                                Participant
                                  @gilrock

I got it going.  I just ran the PinUp installer again and just kept saying Yes to keep my newer files and got the missing vpinmame stuff populated.  I think I lost it while troubleshooting my UltraDMD issues the previous 2 days.  And yes I’m going to use the 2 on 1 pack.  I only installed the 3 on 1 pack as a test and figured it would be immediately obvious if the dmd wasn’t showing on that screen.

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

I got it going. I just ran the PinUp installer again and just kept saying Yes to keep my newer files and got the missing vpinmame stuff populated. I think I lost it while troubleshooting my UltraDMD issues the previous 2 days. And yes I’m going to use the 2 on 1 pack. I only installed the 3 on 1 pack as a test and figured it would be immediately obvious if the dmd wasn’t showing on that screen.

Good stuff.

Consider trying the Max Pack (just disable the Topper screens in the trn_174h PuP-Pack using the PuP-Pack editor). See which you prefer. You won’t get the Topper with the Max Pack…but it looks the nicest I think.

Gilrock
                                    Participant
                                      @gilrock

Looks awesome!  Can’t believe I don’t hear about more folks using PinUp.   Man they sure got a little crazy with the shaker on this table…sometimes it gets a little annoying when it seems to shake at everything touched for 2 minutes.

jwill
                                      Participant
                                        @jwill

I had pin a player working perfectly until I installed a Pin DMD 3 .  Now the pup videos will not play.  When playing a game like tron the start video for the movie trailer won’t play or any other videos during game play.  Topper videos play spells CLU.  I downloaded frenzy dll 1.72 and pin up dll.  I followed all of his instructions I think…  My dll settings are below is there a setting I am missing.  The DMD shows on the Pin DMD 3 but no videos on the PUP packs.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[global]
                                        ; how to downscale SEGA 192×64 pixel games to smaller displays: fit, fill or stretch
                                        resize = fit
                                        ; flips the image horizontally
                                        fliphorizontally = false
                                        ; flips the image vertically
                                        flipvertically = false
                                        ; enable or disable frame-by-frame colorization (inactive in VPX bundle)
                                        colorize = true

; a DMD that renders with nice dots on a computer monitor
                                        [virtualdmd]
                                        enabled = false
                                        ; virtual dmd stays on top of all other windows
                                        stayontop = true
                                        ; hide the resize grip
                                        hidegrip = false
                                        ; ignore the aspect ratio of the rendered dots when resizing
                                        ignorear = false
                                        ; use VPM’s registry values when positioning the virtual dmd
                                        useregistry = false
                                        ; x-axis of the window position
                                        left = 0
                                        ; y-axis of the window position
                                        top = 0
                                        ; width of the dmd in monitor pixels
                                        width = 600
                                        ; height of the dmd in monitor pixels
                                        height = 600
                                        ; scale the dot size (set to 0.8 for same size as pre-1.6.0)
                                        dotsize = 1.0

[pindmd1]
                                        ; if false, doesn’t bother looking for a pinDMD1
                                        enabled = false

[pindmd2]
                                        ; if false, doesn’t bother looking for a pinDMD2
                                        enabled = true

[pindmd3]
                                        ; if false, doesn’t bother looking for a pinDMD3
                                        enabled = true
                                        ; COM port, e.g. COM3
                                        port =

[pin2dmd]
                                        ; if false, doesn’t bother looking for a PIN2DMD
                                        enabled = true
                                        ; how long to wait in milliseconds after sending a palette
                                        delay = 25

[browserstream]
                                        ; if enabled, stream to your browser in your LAN
                                        enabled = false
                                        port = 9090

[vpdbstream]
                                        ; if enabled, stream DMD to https://test.vpdb.io/live
                                        enabled = false
                                        endpoint = https://api-test.vpdb.io/

; if enabled, writes frames to an .avi file
                                        enabled = false
                                        ; path to folder or .avi file. if folder, gamename.avi is used.
                                        path =

[pinup]
                                        ; if enabled, send frames to PinUP.
                                        enabled =true

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?