Tron Legacy LE: 3 on 1 PuP-Pack (BG, Topper, DMD on 1 Screen )

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/tron-legacy-le-3-on-1-pup-pack-bg-topper-dmd-on-1-screen/

The 3 on 1 Tron Legacy PuP-Pack!

A video preview of all the VPX Tron Legacy PuP-Packs can be seen here:

The 3 on 1 Pack: PuP Backglass, PuP Topper, DMD (PinMAME or DMDExt) are all on the Backglass screen.

For those who MUST have their virtual DMD on the backglass screen (16:9) and don’t have room for anything else. If you have a “square” backglass screen, then you can try the other two packs (“Max Pack” or “2 on 1”) and have the DMD below the PuP Backglass.

This Pack uses still image overlays for the new “framed” neon border. This overlay will change neon colours for game modes as well, but only has single colour transparency, and can’t have animated neon or flares, or other animation on the border, so it’s not as nice looking as the “Max Pack”.

You need to position your virtual DMD at the bottom center of the PuP Backglass.

This PuP-Pack uses: (1 Backglass video layer, 2 Topper video layers, virtual DMD Layer, 1 Overlay layer)

Requirements: IMPORTANT!

PinUP System FULLY installed and PinUP Player setup (which contains PinUP Player 1.3+, PuPB2S driver, and PuPCapture files).

You also MUST be updated to PinUP System 1.3.4 or higher!

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

DMDExt / Freezy 1.7 or higher installed in VPinMAME folder and configured to enable PUP! This must be installed AFTER PinUP System is installed! (to ensure you have the 1.7 or higher files!)

“Use External DLL” must be enabled in PinMAME settings for trn_174h

PuPCapture MUST be working:

This PuP-Pack relies on monitoring the pinmame DMD for specific images to trigger videos. This needs both the freezy 1.7+ “dmddevice.dll” file, and the Pinup Player “dmddevicePUP.dll” file.

Ensure PuPCapture is enabled in the dmddevice.ini file (in your VPinMAME folder):

[pinup]

enabled=true

Note: If you are using a real DMD, then ensure that the freezy virtual DMD is disabled in the dmddevice.ini file:

; a DMD that renders with nice dots on a computer monitor

[virtualdmd]

enabled = false

You CANNOT use any older version of PinUP Player as it won’t work correctly! Must be 1.3 or higher!

Older PuP-modded Tron Legacy Tables:

You CANNOT use ANY PuP modded tables with this PuP-Pack!

DO NOT use the “Tron Legacy PuP-Edition” or the “Tron Legacy PuP-Pack Edition” tables (or any table based on those!)

You can however use this with any normal version of Tron Legacy LE VPX.

No directb2s Backglass Running:

You MUST NOT have a directb2s running at all, or it will obscure the PuP Backglass!!!

Simply make sure you have a copy of your favorite Tron table (intended only for use with this PuP-Pack), and make sure it is named VERY differently to your directb2s file, so when you launch that copy of your Tron Legacy table it won’t launch the directb2s!

DMDs can now be ANY colour (or DMD colour mod) you want! This is a NEW feature with Freezy 1.7+ files installed! There is no longer a requirement to have your DMD colours match the PuPCapture files!

Your DMD must be in English for all PuPCapture video triggers to work correctly!

System:  Visual Pinball X (version 10.5+)

PuP-Pack: All Video, Media and Artwork by TerryRed. PuP-Pack Editor & PuPCapture files by TerryRed

Installation:

Ensure there are no files in your “PUPVideos   trn_174h” folder (if that folder already exists).

Copy the PuP-Pack “trn_174h” folder from the archive into your PUPVideos folder.

4 users thanked author for this post.
      TerryRed
        @terryred

If Windows Defender gives you issues with pininit.bat (included with the PuP-Pack)….

Make sure it’s not blocked. If you must, create an exception in Windows Defender for the entire PinUPSystem folder or that file if you need to….or you can try removing the file. That file is only used to try to keep VPX in focus after the PuP-Pack is loaded.

robertms
        Participant
          @mophead

Hey Terry, fantastic work! I haven’t added PUP to my cab yet but I tried the 3-on-1 on my dual-screen desktop and the effect is WOW! For the first time I can honestly say the second screen is a great enhancement to desktop play. Thanks for everything you do! :good:

TerryRed
            @terryred

V1.2

-updated screens config (Topper Layer 2, ForcePopBack) to work correctly with PinUPSystem 1.3.4+

You MUST be updated to PinUP System 1.3.4!

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

TerryRed
              @terryred

If you already have v1.1 of the “3 on 1” or “2 on 1” PuP-Pack installed…. (and using PinUP System 1.3.4) you can just use the PuP-Pack editor to change Topper 2 (Screen 8) to “ForcePopBack” instead of downloading the entire PuP-Pack again.

TerryRed
                @terryred

DMDs can now be ANY colour (or DMD colour mod) you want! This is a NEW feature with Freezy 1.7+ files installed! There is no longer a requirement to have your DMD colours match the PuPCapture files!

Strontcho
                Participant
                  @strontcho

Hello.
                  I know I probably have a problem that should have a solution pointed out in the pack description or in the wiki, but I’ve already checked everything I knew.
                  And maybe for the symptom someone can point me a way to solve.
                  I have the Tron Legacy LE: 3 on 1 PuP-Pack (BG, Topper, DMD on 1 Screen) running with the Tron Legacy (Stern 2011) (1.6, SSF, Lightmod 1.2, NPC).
                  I do not have b2s file for this table.

I run the table with VPX 10.6 and run everything OK, but in the backglass and topper the videos are not displayed, it is a static image.

Can someone help me?

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Hello.

I know I probably have a problem that should have a solution pointed out in the pack description or in the wiki, but I’ve already checked everything I knew.

And maybe for the symptom someone can point me a way to solve.

I have the Tron Legacy LE: 3 on 1 PuP-Pack (BG, Topper, DMD on 1 Screen) running with the Tron Legacy (Stern 2011) (1.6, SSF, Lightmod 1.2, NPC).

I do not have b2s file for this table.

I run the table with VPX 10.6 and run everything OK, but in the backglass and topper the videos are not displayed, it is a static image.

Can someone help me?

Do any other pup-packs work?

A pic and some other descriptions may help. Some programs running in the background can cause problems such as Logitech Gaming software, Overclocking software,etc.

Strontcho
                    Participant
                      @strontcho

Hi TerryRed

I made a new installation of all my software, so I have a few tables configured.
                      However, I have the table Attack from Mars with the PinUp Pack running. I also have Stranger Things working fine.

Here is an image of Tron’s backglass.
                      The BG and Topper image stays static, do not change regardless of table events.

Thank you for any help.

tron

TerryRed
                        @terryred

Hi TerryRed

I made a new installation of all my software, so I have a few tables configured.

However, I have the table Attack from Mars with the PinUp Pack running. I also have Stranger Things working fine.

Here is an image of Tron’s backglass.

The BG and Topper image stays static, do not change regardless of table events.

Thank you for any help.

tron

When you say “static”…you mean they don’t change, or the default backglass video is frozen? (It should animate)

Don’t assume because STSE and AFM works…that you have PUP correctly setup.STSE doesn’t use PuPCapture, and AFM uses both PUPCapture and B2s triggers. You are probably only seeing AFM videos triggered from B2S triggers.

Do you have freezy 1.71 installed and do you have PUP enable in the dmddevice.ini?

Do you have Use External DLL enabled in the VPinMAME settings for the table? This is needed so dmddevice.dll (freezy) can pass DMD images to PUP so it can trigger videos.

You also need to play the table in English to trigger all videos.

goofything
                        Participant
                          @goofything

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong. I feel slow and dense but can’t get this working correctly. I checked all my Pinup settings and everything seems to be installed correctly. I copied the trn_174h folder for the 3-on-1 pack into PupVideos, but when the game loads, the videos for the backglass are showing up behind the backglass and behind the windows system folders. See screenshot. At this point, everything for this puppack is installed back to the default state. I messed around for hours with different settings but haven’t figured out what’s wrong. I just have a 2 screen setup with a TV as my playfield and a monitor for my backglass, so I wanted to get all the Puppack greatness onto my second monitor.

Tron PupPack Backglass screenshot

TerryRed
                            @terryred

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong. I feel slow and dense but can’t get this working correctly. I checked all my Pinup settings and everything seems to be installed correctly. I copied the trn_174h folder for the 3-on-1 pack into PupVideos, but when the game loads, the videos for the backglass are showing up behind the backglass and behind the windows system folders. See screenshot. At this point, everything for this puppack is installed back to the default state. I messed around for hours with different settings but haven’t figured out what’s wrong. I just have a 2 screen setup with a TV as my playfield and a monitor for my backglass, so I wanted to get all the Puppack greatness onto my second monitor.

Tron PupPack Backglass screenshot

You don’t need to change any setting on the pup-pack. Re-install it.

Close your windows or anything else that is displaying on the backglass.. You can’t have anything displayed there or it may obscure pup-pack windows.

goofything
                            Participant
                              @goofything

Awesom!!! That was it. Thanks so much.

Can’t wait to see the Lord of the Rings Pup Pack!

goofything
                              Participant
                                @goofything

Is there a way to get the backglass overlay to change size? I tried changing screen 2’s custompos in the Pinup Editor but that only changes the size of the videos that play inside/behind the pane. The custompos field references screen 99, but I don’t know what that is. Regardless though, it doesn’t change the size of the Tron AIO png image. Is there somewhere else to go to change that image size?

Zedixair
                                Participant
                                  @zedixair

@TerryRed: first of all, thank you so much for this cool puppack !  :good:

I have a question, because even if everything’s running smooth, I’ve got a problem due to my (only) 2-screen system. I’ve read all your instructions, but probably missed something, sorry…

Of course, I’m using your 3-on-1 version (for BG/Topper/DMD all on my 2nd screen), but as I’m a total noob, I have an issue configurating this pack: I don’t know how to have the DMD staying on the correct window/position on BG screen. See the capture below.

double DMD (2)

As you can see, as the “use external DMD” must be active, I have two DMD, the VPinMAME one and the external one which is on PF screen. Of course, I can hide the VPinMAME DMD, and grab the “external” one to put it on the BG screen, BUT it doesn’t stay in this position : each time I come back to play the table, the external DMD comes back on the upper left angle of my PF. What must I do to make it stay on the correct position on the BG ?

Oops, and I almost forgot: thank you again for making marvellous puppacks :yahoo: compatible with only 2 screens cabinets !  :good:

outhere
                                    @outhere
                                    MemberContributorvipModerator

Settings for the external DMD are in the DmdDevice.ini file.. ( The one in the VPinMame folder)

Change the settings in Red For the normal position of the external DMD
                                    ; x-axis of the window position
                                    left = 0

; y-axis of the window position
                                    top = 0

; width of the dmd in monitor pixels
                                    width = 812

; height of the dmd in monitor pixels
                                    height = 328

if you want a special location for a certain game for the external DMD then

Add this to the bottom of your DmdDevice.ini file

Change settings as needed

[Rom Name]
                                    virtualdmd left = 2500
                                    virtualdmd top = 800
                                    virtualdmd width = 1024
                                    virtualdmd height = 256

More info
                                    https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    Zedixair
                                    Participant
                                      @zedixair

@outhere: thank you so much ! :good: I’ll try this ASAP !

That means that these two DMD (“normal” and “virtual”) are fully independant from each other ? Really sorry for these silly questions, but all these things are sometimes hard to understand, and more if english/american is not your mother language… :scratch:

So, just to be sure : if I change the settings for the “virtual” DMD of the DmdDevice.ini file in the VPinMame folder (and just for trn_174h rom), that will absolutly not change the position of the “normal” DMD on all my tables ?

outhere
                                        @outhere
                                        MemberContributorvipModerator

The two DMD (“normal” and “virtual”) are fully independant — Yes

When the game is running hit F1 And uncheck show DMD and check use external DMD

Changing the settings in the DmdDevice.ini file will only Change The position of the external DMD

See post above for more info

Zedixair
                                        Participant
                                          @zedixair

@outhere: OK, I underderstand “everything” now, thanks to your detailed answer.

You rule !  :good:

Last question : with some others puppacks, the virtual dmd vanishes when a video is launched (T2, Super Mario…). I suppose it’s because there’s no specific window to display it on the BG. It does that even after I  said “true” in the line “always on top”in the dmddevice.ini .  So, if I’d place the virtual dmd on my PF, is there a way to rotate the virtual dmd to have it in the right orientation (perhaps something like “virtualdmd rotate = 90”) ?

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

@outhere: OK, I underderstand “everything” now, thanks to your detailed answer.

You rule !  :good:

Last question : with some others puppacks, the virtual dmd vanishes when a video is launched (T2, Super Mario…). I suppose it’s because there’s no specific window to display it on the BG. It does that even after I  said “true” in the line “always on top”in the dmddevice.ini .  So, if I’d place the virtual dmd on my PF, is there a way to rotate the virtual dmd to have it in the right orientation (perhaps something like “virtualdmd rotate = 90”) ?

Depending on the pup-pack… you “might” be able to edit the pup-pack with PuP-Pack editor, and set the PuP screen being used to “Force Back” to try to keep it behind the DMD. This would only work for pup-packs with a single layer.

If your backglass is a “square” screen (4:3 or 5:4 ratio)…then you may be able to also edit pup-packs so they stay in 16:9 ratio, but also allow your bottom of the screen to be used. for your dmd.

Read here in the newest Tron pup-pack in the support tab for more info:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/tron-legacy-le-end-of-line-pup-pack-vpx/#bbpress

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?