Tron Legacy LE: “End of Line” PuP-Pack (VPX)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Goldchicco
    Participant
      @goldchicco

Attract mode : how to activate it? Or how to select it?

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Attract mode : how to activate it? Or how to select it?

If attract mode isn’t working…then most of the videos are triggering? If so, then you don’t have pupcapture working. read the install instructions again, and be sure you have pinmame, freezy,etc all setup correctly.

Goldchicco
        Participant
          @goldchicco

the videos are ok.

That means everything is setup correctly.

Thanks for the clarification

Mark70
          Participant
            @mark70

Hi, has this pack been updated on July 16th?
            I have a feeling that it was already V 1.3 before, but I’m not sure.

TerryRed
              @terryred

Hi, has this pack been updated on July 16th?
              I have a feeling that it was already V 1.3 before, but I’m not sure.

I just repackaged the Muted Music rom within a properly named trn_174h.zip withing the download zip. No changes to the pup-pack or the rom itself.

Jopp
              Participant
                @joppnl

A-Ma-Zing….

I must confess…… :

I installed PuPPlayer for a table that otherwise wouldn’t run without it but….this is the best option ever for all tables…

Brings ’90’s tables into a new era.

Oooh PS: great pack by BTW  :yahoo:

My favorite pinball machine?
                Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

spoontangclan
                Participant
                  @spoontangclan

Hi Terry. Thank you for creating this really great pup packs! I am having a lot of trouble getting it to work and I’m not sure what else to try.

I’m trying to use this pack in conjunction with this table. I’m a 2-screen user with a pindmd v3. I have PinUP player 1.4.1 installed. I have dmdext 1.72 installed, however, whenever I try to use freezy’s dmddevice.dll (~4.5MB) rather than the dmddevice.dll  from the PINDMD3 folder (~65kb), the DMD doesn’t load and the table loads but doesn’t really start. When using freezy’s dmddevice.dll, I definitely have “use external dmd checked”.

I’m trying to run bleeding edge VPX 10.6, but have tried it with 10.5 final and see the same symptoms. I’m also trying to run vpinmame 3.2 with the latest SAM builds installed.

When running with the pindmd 3 devicedmd.dll, the pup back backglass displays, but the only video I’ve seen reliably working is the arcade one for the skillshot.

I don;t immediately have access to puplog.txt to share but it showed trn_174h loaded on a few lines but that was it. The rest looked pretty sparse.

My dmddevice.ini file is setup as you have suggested. Your other pup packs seem to work fine for me (mainly jaws) despite some performance issues I’m still trying to work out with that.

Any ideas for other things I should consider trying? Let me know if there’s any other info I can help provide.

TY!

outhere
                    @outhere
                    MemberContributorvipModerator

Try this

Move (Freezy) the 1.72  Dll file and put this 1.71 (Freezy)  Dll in it’s place

dmdext-1.7.1-mjr20190309-x86.zip  –> https://github.com/mjrgh/dmd-extensions/releases

spoontangclan
                    Participant
                      @spoontangclan

Thanks outhere. I tried that version of dmddevice.dll. I’m still seeing basically the same thing I described in my last comment. I took a video if that’ll be useful to see. Basically the table loaded, no dmd showed up, after a brief period of time vpx 10.6 basically shut off by itself and the pinup player was still up on the screen. When I went to task manager, I noticed that the pinup player process memory was ~150MB and slowly climbing.

The Loafer
                      Participant
                        @theloafer

Are you ensuring all dll’s Have been unblocked?

spoontangclan
                        Participant
                          @spoontangclan

I’m running Windows 7. I hadn’t heard about blocked dlls until recently. Earlier today I did a google search to see what that meant and the few files I looked at seemed to be ublocked but I didn’t do an exhaustive look. I’ll take another look at that more closely. What would cause a file to be blocked?

I also had a few other thoughts just now. I’m not sure this is specific to Tron Legacy, but rather all the SAM tables. For example what I described above was also true with AC/DC (outside the context of trying to get PUP packs to work).

In the 3.2 sam beta build thread, it specifically says, “In case you have an external DMD connected that you want to use with VPM, please move the dlls from the respective subdirectory (Pin2DMD or PinDMD1 or PinDMD2 or PinDMD3) directly into your VPM directory!” That instruction seems to be in contradiction with the instructions here which are to use the larger ~4.5MB freezy file instead of the one from my Pindmd3 folder as “carnypriest” suggests over there…

outhere
                            @outhere

Windows sometimes will block files because it thinks it’s from another computer

Your best bet is to use 7 zip to unzip files  — https://www.7-zip.org/

If you right click the zip file before unzipping you can choose to unblock it then all files in a zip file will be unblocked

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            outhere
                              @outhere

Your using the 32 bit (X86) of freezy

spoontangclan
                              Participant
                                @spoontangclan

I’ve used 7-zip before but not on my cabinet machine. I’ll give that a shot…I’ve been using Winrar despite all its nag screens…

Re: “Your using the 32 bit (X86) of freezy?”

That is my intent yes BUT I may have some cleanup to do there. To explain, when I was reinstalling Freezy yesterday, I may have inadvertently placed both the 32 bit and 64 bit files in my vpinmame folder. I thought “this is a 64 bit machine so I need 64 bit freezy”, before I saw the 32 bit parts in the readme and I may not have gone back and removed 64-bit stuff, so I’ll double check that.

Phazer
                                Participant
                                  @phazer

I finally got around to installing PUPlayer. Tron was the first PUP pack I had to try.

Goddamn amazing!

Simply beautiful to watch.

Thanks for your work,  TerryRed.

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

I finally got around to installing PUPlayer. Tron was the first PUP pack I had to try.

Goddamn amazing!

Get the muted Rom, turn on the OST Music in the PuP-Pack and it’s beautiful to listen to as well!

Phazer
                                    Participant
                                      @phazer

Goddamn amazing!

Get the muted Rom, turn on the OST Music in the PuP-Pack and it’s beautiful to listen to as well!

I’ll do that this evening.

chrispin
                                      Participant
                                        @christsr

Man you are crazy RESPECT.!!! :wacko:

polt
                                        Participant
                                          @polt

Hi Guys,

Just installed the tron pup pack and I am experiencing some small stutter on the backglass videos. I am using the uppers pack and I have followed the performance troubleshooting guide from nailbuster but I still have the stutter. Other pup packs work fine. System = i7 9700k, 16g, m2 ssd, gtx 1070 8gb, win10.

I also have the topper running. Any ideas? System should be able to handle it?

cheers guys and amazing work on the pack and OST music!

EDIT: nevermind, found https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/mp4-files-stutter-on-backglass-m4v-files-are-smooth/  and changing the vpx settings did it for me.

ridlar
                                          Participant
                                            @ridlar

Thanks for this outstanding pack!

All of your tutorials have helped me get my cab running to perfection!!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?